Metro Redux Will Not Run Without SSE4.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Yecnot, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    From the way you made that sound, it sounds as though you are saying from brute force if a product can run it, then it should? If that's what you mean, that's not logical, if a program/game requires something that the piece of hardware is incapable of doing, then regardless of brute force performance, it shouldn't be supported, nor should they try and get it supported as that is almost all the time compromising the games technology. This wasn't the case here, which is great, but that's not the norm.

2. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Well if you let the people on the internet upset you yes you are being immature and a lot of forums I belong to you would get bounced for three days for posting that kind of nonsense.But if you agree telling people eff off is fine carry on.

3. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    Works fine on my Phenom II x4 now. :)

Only issue is game locking the v-sync at 120FPS rather than my monitor's 60 FPS. I will try to force through Radeon-Pro, but I probably just need upgrade my drivers (I still using 14.4).

4. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Highly offensive yes, but not "nonsense". I was being completely sensical. All arguments supported by evidence and reason, with maybe a pinch of bias. But alas, arguments are the offspring of bias.

5. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    well im having the same issues with my pentium g3258 @ 4,6 ghz, and i do have sse4.1 and later so SSE 4,1 instruction set has nothing to do with it

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    lol fair enough but you know what I meant.Don't let people on the internet get your panties in a bunch.There's enough jerks in real life without worrying about the other. :)

7. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    The fact that it involved SSE4.1 is no longer being debated, as it was said by a developer. Now, if you're on the latest update (where there is no SSE4.1 error), there is a weird glitch with BugTrap.dll. You must take it out of folder and start game. Sometimes you have to put it back in the folder. It sucks.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I think the more important point here is yes it should be supported but yeah the people who are saying op needs a more modern cpu are right...

It's like saying "I am still on xp" etc..

After awhile you have to bite the bullet a bit and upgrade or run the games you know will work.

Perhaps not fair/right but c'est la vie :)

9. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    X4 Phenom

my 2nd Pc is still using an old phenom X4 I use it as a spare gaming PC if main pc is being used I have steam installed so have access to all my games.

Dual monitor both 1280x1024
    Windows 8.1 pro x64
    Gigabyte M720 US3
    4gb DDR2
    Phenom X4 955 @ 3.6
    EVGA 750ti FTW AC
    corsair 750w

10. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    While I understand this is a frustrating situation, it's not exactly surprising to see such an old CPU no longer supported.
    I can't blame developpers for wanting to move on.

11. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    Sigh, I already know that my cpu is old. However, my specific cpu has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GLITCH. It encompassed all processors from Phenom II's and below.

Developers didn't want to "move on". They just didn't realize the possible errors from their lack of testing.

"Perhaps not fair but c'est la vie" You disgust me.

Its not about "fair/right". Its purely illogical. If I meet the official system requirements I meet them, so shut up about it. If it bothers you that I meet the system requirements and can run this game at 45fps, find another thread.

There was no "important point" here. This was a thread about a product not working that was said to work. You wise-worldly men came in on your high horses with this non-sense.

If you want to complain about how I'm "holding you back", go to IGN or something.

12. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Granted they should have been a little more specific as to what CPUs truly are "supported".

I think a CPU upgrade would do you good still, don't be surprised if more and more games start to ask for more recent hardware, performance, compatibility or stability wise.

13. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    If a game says I don't meet the system requirements, I won't complain. However, this wasn't the case.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Well am happy to disgust anytime! Just saying it's a general rule of thumb if you hold off upgrading you can run into problems....

And if you actually used your brain cells I actually agreed with you that it wasnt right.

But carry on your merry way.

Hope they add support. You can always try contacting them somehow, am sure you arent the only one with this issue.:)

p.s merci kezen, that was my point...

15. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Guys, can we leave the insults at the door please? There's really no need for it; just because there's a difference of opinion doesn't mean we need to bad mouth eachother.

Yecnot - tbh this isn't the first thread where I've seen you insult someone in the last few days, please let's discuss in a civil manner. Thanks :)

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It has already been fixed hasn't it? My 1100t crashed after the intro put it worked after the patch.

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    aint got no problems here....:)

game ran with no problems sense release

18. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Do you not realize how much per-core performance on AMD has stalled since Phenom II. Like maybe 7 to 10 percent improvement. An OC'd X6 or X4 can handle most games quite well.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    yeah when oc'd

I used to own a 1090t
    had to pushed that cpu
    then switch over to an intel 2600 back then.

the intel won.

20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I don't know if I'll ever get an FX chip, even if they're cheap, since it's almost a sideways upgrade from a Phenom II. Next platform upgrade will be Intel... unless I actually water another 1.5 years to see what AMD is cooking.