Metro Redux (PC/PS4/XBONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I'm not exactly someone who believes consoles are fairy dust powered boxes but I've seen games which look better than the Metro Last Light I played even at max settings (sans SSAA though).
    Killzone Shadow Fall for instance.

However, they would have to settle down for 30fps as I don't see either console running LL at very high/60fps.

We will see how the next Metro fares graphically compared to the games we've played on machines already more powerful than the PS4/Xbox One.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    People say that because we all know what hardware is inside them.

Exclusives enable devs to use tricks to make games look better, especially when you have one fixed hardware platform and no PC game to make.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ok, so i gave in grabbed a new sli bridge. Bought this on gog to see what the diff is.

So far performance is vastly improved, i can max out at 1080p very high, tess very high and sssa = 0, and maintain 60fps. On vanilla, id be lucky to get 50-55.

I do have a question though - Does anything on platform work anymore.

Im getting driver stopped responding (350.12, win8.1 x64) and sometimes the game will not load a save game and hardlocks with the only solution to restart from a checkpoint.

Any fixes for this or..?

Thanks.

Edit:
    So after doing a bit of driver swapping, tweaking etc and reading, it seems that the driver stopped responding crashes are game specific since the latest update and the devs have chosen not to support the game anymore and to address the issues despite the many complaints on forums and the steam discussion page.

Im guessing this is just another case of PC dev going full console dev and abandoning the platform that supported them from the beginning.

Oh well, wont be buying any further 4A products. Another dev crossed off my list.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  4. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    seriously? what ****s...
    I bought this Redux package on the Steam sale, but man.. that's really ****ing disappointing that developers have come to this ****ty state of being.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah thats a bit ****, was gona give it a go, so hope it doesn't crash or anything then. :(

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe the Redux version sold like crap on the PC so was not worth supporting, sucks for us but it's probably the reality.

Personally i have had minimal issues with the game though, but i always have and always will avoid SLI.

7. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Most likely a SLI related driver crash.
    Can't really blame 4A Games for not bothering to fix an issue affecting a very tiny amount of players.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yes, that's true. Remember it is basically a re-release anyway, they wouldn't have had the volume of sales the original games had, one would think. Also, the games are 'quite old' now, in the sense of games.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, it still happens with sli disabled. Just this game. Also, Sli was needed to play @1080p/6fps maxed when the game first came out (as in vanilla version), so its not like it was a non issue. Besides, these crashes have been happening since the latest update of the redux versions was put out. Its all over the forums and steam pages, its an issue affecting alot of people, yet 4a have done nothing.

Weird thing is, now my non redux version of LL is crashing and hard locking my pc just as the redux version was (uninstalled it, **** it). I wonder if it has something to do with visual c updates.

Stupid port box.

Either way, these redux version (of LL) is a joke. There was next to no optimizations and most gfx changes were character models (some now worse), the removal of proper DOF and adding some form of AO. The little post thats stickied on the steam discussion page by the Devs defending not releasing this as either free for existing owners or as a patch is laughable.

Seriously, are there are no respectable developers left?

To think i felt sorry for them when they had that little interview piece about the hardships of the development process they went through.

Edit: I will say however, what they have achieved (bugs aside) with what little resources they have, puts most if not all of the AAA devs out there, to shame.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  10. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    I recently completed the Redux versions and I had problems with CTD for several levels in the second half of Metro LL, as well as one level in Metro 2033. I found the solution was to play the rest of the level with most settings set to low as possible. The games still look fantastic though even at these low settings.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Both titles still crashing on Windows 10, just like 8.1 and 7.

Performance is a little better/smoother, but that could just be the Windows 10 drivers released yesterday, rather than the OS itself.

GG 4A:rolleyes:

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Completed 2033 last night, moving onto Last Light tonight. Its pretty cool, always low on ammo tho. There was a part where i ran out of bullet, throwing knifes and had to knife one of those big dark monsters in the library.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You killed a Librarian with knife??? Wow!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  14. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Well not from 100%, i had few bullets left, then 5 throwing knifes and knifed him after. I kept hiding in one room and he wouldnt come in, so i could recharge health :D

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Completed LL. Really enjoyed it, glad i finally decided to play both of them. Is there a new one in plans? i want to know what happened to the Dark ones!!!

16. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    You can always read original novels...it's around 50 books or so :) - Universe of Metro 2033 (Book Series)

17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    50?! Bloody hell :) Might need to look for Russian version

18. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Finally made a start of the 2033 Redux, and loving it, runs much better than the original (hardly a stutter), and some parts are different from the original, just got to the part where you have to carry that kid :D

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I've had 2033 redux in my Steam cart twice during sales but haven't just clicked buy yet. I really should I think, would like to replay / play the Redux version.

20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I live in Moscow and use that particular metro regularly since 1982. Yesterday for the first time I saw there (right on tracks) big mouse with dark grey fur, and first thought was - "mutant?". -)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017