Metro Redux (PC/PS4/XBONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Not sure about that. But this is possible that they have pushed their Physx implementation even further.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    1080p/60 for PS4

900p/60 for XB1

Both confirmed. No way in hell its running at max settings though, unless they performed a miracle in the coding department.

I suspect the console version is just the same as the PC version that was released last year and that is is running on medium settings if not some on low to achieve 60fps at 1080p on such crappy hardware.

I think the PC version of this Redux will have some extra graphical improvements, but I am not expecting much. If it is just more PhysX then I will pass as I never run PhysX anyway being on AMD and was never impressed by it when I was on Nvidia.

3. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the year 2014, and poor ol' xbone still not doin 1080.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ill pick up the first metro, but dont see how much better LL can look, hell they could have made a new game by now.

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i was thinknig that, so might just get 2033 Redux on its own.

6. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 680 1254/7000
    Well, someone from 4A said, not long ago, that you need a pc at least 2x more powerful to do what a closed box can do. Who knows, maybe they were able to make the 7850/7870 in ps4 outclass a 780 due to them CONSOLE OPTIMIZATIONS CODING TO THE METAL BABY HSA HUMA GPGPU SECRET SAUCE

7. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Yeah, that's what 4A Games' chief technical engineer said but I'm sceptical it applies to the GPU. On the CPU side, sure given DX11's slow submission pipelines.

8. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Judging by the video it certainly isn't close to matching Last Light maxed, I'm intrigued as to what changes they are going to make to the PC version since it only just came out it makes no sense.

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Might need to wait and see what exactly is new before i get this.

Metro2033 on the LL engine is an easier choice, especially when it's only £8.49.

Last Light on the other hand will likely be very similar to the original game, the fact that even the Steam notes are console aimed, and mention things like 60fps and next gen doesn't make me think they have added much.

Saying that, i have barely played the second game as wasn't a huge fan of the original.

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

11. 2_fast_4_you

2_fast_4_you Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan
    meh i don't know what to think of this :/

12. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    I'll probably pick up Metro 2033 redux but won't ever touch Last Light redux. According to the Steam page Metro 2033 has been redone on the Last Light engine with better performance along with better A.I. The latter is most important IMHO.:)

13. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    PS4 isn't able to run everything in 1080p either. Killzone Shadowfall is 960x1080, and Watch Dogs is 900p. Both consoles are pathetic.

14. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Killzone Shadow Fall is native 1080p/30fps in SP.
    sub 1080p/60fps in MP.

15. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    When the Xbox 360 and PS4 were released, both Microsoft and Sony were losing money on every console sold and made money on the games. Of course, they ended up making money on the consoles once they became cheaper to make. This time around, they want to make money on them straight away. To keep the price point that people are willing to pay they made them with the most cost effective hardware. The hardware itself isn't bad considering the original intended purpose, just the original intended purpose wasn't 'next-gen' gaming.

Microsoft and Sony need to make their consoles and games scalable, meaning that say, every two years they update the components (since they have around a 2-year lifecycle) and they have logic in the games that increases quality based on the hardware.

How can they do this in current games for consoles 4 years away? Simple! Adjustable resolution, processing (like the adjustable settings on PC), and having something not dissimilar to the old Windows Experience Index. Of course, this sounds like a great idea, so you know they aren't even contemplating it!

Geez, think of how held back games will be again in 5 years time.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Agreed, 1080p should be the norm for consoles, its 2014 FGS.

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I actually think 2033 looks better, but performs worse...

18. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    If there were as many high-end rigs as some people would have you believe then consoles wouldn't hold anything back. That's a flawed argument methinks, if the market is there publishers will go the extra mile for PC ports.

Unfortunately the average gaming PC is nowhere near as powerful as you'd think and therefore developpers have no financial incentive to push things further on PC.

It's not consoles that are holding the PC back...It's the PC market itself.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I agree that low end PC's hold back PC gaming alot more than console, but developers get slaughtered and their games get pirated in mass amounts if the minimum specs are too high.

This is more obvious on PC exclusive games as multi-platform games have the safety net of the console version, while PC only games need to make sure low spec PC's can play the game.

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I would be interested in a version of 2033 that used Last Light's stealth and combat mechanics.
    But, not sure I'd actually want to pay for the game. Again.

I bought 2033. And I really, really didn't like it. Visually, it's a great game. But the stealth is completely broken, gunplay is weak and just... not satisfying. And the story and characters are very weak.

Last Light fixed pretty much all my issues with the first game. Except human models still look... off.