Metro llast light is totally unplayable for me.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by rakee18, May 14, 2013.

1. rakee18

rakee18 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580 Matrix
  2. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Same here + slowdowns when this happens.

7870 no matter what settings.

I think it's an amd thing

3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    have you tried turning down shadow quality?

4. rakee18

rakee18 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580 Matrix
    NO, but works in dx9.

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Your frame rate looks pretty smooth. But damn those flashing shadows are weird.

Try one by one.

1) Lower shadow quality one notch down > test > repeat, lower again > test

2) Lower lighting quality such as AO, Dynamic Lighting, stuff like that > test > repeat.

Also, make sure you try and disable "subsurface formats" in CCC as sometimes this can cause issues like this.

6. Portman87

Portman87 Member Guru

GPU:
    NITRO RX 480 8GB
    Low GPU usage for me, and one BSOD had to restart my PC.

7. rakee18

rakee18 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580 Matrix
    But if that was a driver issue how come you don't get it? My frame rates are horrible, that's not my video.

8. rakee18

rakee18 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580 Matrix
    I also get low gpu usages.

9. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    I have seen this before in other games with my 5850. Not sure what causes it though. Seems like it usually gets fixed with a driver update.

10. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    I am having an pretty good experience with my old HD5970.

I assume I was a bit skeptic about this "TWIMTBP" game but, it happened to be quite friendly with my HD5970. I have no artifacts nor flickers.

Of course it is not perfect by any means. Do you remember that nVIDIA stunt with Crysis 2 tessalation applied in the most useless places just to stress AMD cards? Well, I may be wrong but, I have the feeling something similar is happening here. In the levels with rail tracks, I really have to turn Tessalation OFF. Yeah, I know my card tessalator is sh*ty but, nevertheless, I can use Normal Tessalation in pretty much every other environments.

I was also seeing a bit of micro-stutter (and we all know the fuss around this issue lately), but disabling ULPS helped in a noticeable way.

So, I'm playing @1080p, Very High, SSAA x0.5, Normal Tessalation, Normal Blur, AF x16 and Advanced PhysX through my GTS 250 which btw, is handling Metro LL PhysX quite well, I'm impressed actually, specially after Borderlands 2 results. And I'm getting 40+ MINIMUM FPS with both GPUs scaling up to 85% at pick with v-Sync OFF. Using Catalyst 13.4.

11. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I do get horrid shadow flickering. I submitted report to AMD, hopefully they will release driver that will run this game correctly.

I am not surprised that it works on HD 5XXX series without an graphical corruption. I had no issues with Metro 2033 on my old HD 5870. However, I do get flickering from light sources at Market and smoke corruption at Armory with my current card HD 7970 in Metro 2033.

12. Reiz3r

Reiz3r Active Member

GPU:
    XFX R7850 2gb
    To fix stutter and to play smooth, in option i choose normal for tessellation and SSAA off,and all in very high..

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    SSAA 0.5x actually halves your selected screen resolution, 1.5x would have been a 50% increase compared to 2.0x :)

14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Before completely disabling tesselation you may try to create driver profile/RP profile for game with tesselation limited to 2x. You get at least some of it while preventing game from overloading your gpu.

15. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Yeah, I was playing around with the game settings and CCC profiles and I found out the best setting for my system in CCC Tessalation is x16.

Also, the SSAA visual impact in the graphcis quality was just not worthy the stress it was putting in both GPU and memory. I turned it off without second thoughts.

With this tweaks, I now can set Tessalation to "Very High" and keep the minimum frame rates above 40FPS.

Resolution: 1080p
    Quality: Very High
    SSAA: Off
    AF: x16
    Tessalation: Very High (CCC profile @ x16)
    Blur: Normal

I am very. very pleased with the results. The gaming is fluid, smooth and the micro-stutter is imperceptible (i'm assuming the stutter exists but, is happening in the 2-5ms interval, so short my eyes can't see it).

Thanks for the tips.

16. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    I haven't purchased the game yet. Can any one provide me the benchmark results for HD7850.

17. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
  18. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    I also got low GPU usage. If I set everything to very high in Eyefinity I got both cards @ max 68%, with lower settings in eyefinity it goes down to 24% :wanker:. WHY?

FPS are around 15...25 no matter what settings I choose with Eyefinity (5760x1080, Max 2.5 Gig of VRAM is used).

hier they clame a lot of issues with AMD GPU's

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  19. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    runs at constant 60 fps without stuttering here at 2560x1440 everything on maximum, ssaa/physx off using 13.4 drivers.

20. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Sounds like a DX11 driver bug, what Catalyst version are you using? Are you using 13.4 or the 13.5 betas?

deltatux