Metro: Last Light

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, May 31, 2011.

1. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Well, this might be odd or stupid, but 60fps is easier to handle da baddies, and I kill stuff quickly.

30fps on the other hand.. not so well. Infact below 28 I have trouble. My sweet spot is 40+, and sweetest is 60.

However 30fps is good for a horror game, because, you can't just snap to targets and headshots, the slow movements bring in the fear of the player, whereas the swift movements bring in the pride of cod.

Lol make sense?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Metro...ests/Metro-Last-Light-Benchmark-Test-1069286/

According to the updated PCGH benchmark the performance gain from the latest patch is around ~15% for the 7970, ~40% for the 7870 and ~55% for the 6970 though the framerate for the 7870 and 6970 are still quite low on the higher settings. :)
    (With SSAA 2x enabled the gain is ~10% for the 7970, ~25% for the 7870 and ~40% for the 6970 though again for the 7870 and 6970 the framerate is still very low at those setting.)

(For whatever reason the 680GTX is shown with a 1% performance loss which I guess is more due to framerate fluctuation, it's still in the lead though the 7970 has closed in on it.)

3. KyleN

KyleN Member

GPU:
    gtx 670
    Edited.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  4. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    awesome resource! thank you. but I have to say that there wont be any stalker 2 as far as I know, there will be a game named survarium and the alpha stage will is next week or two and you can apply for the alpha test.

it seems it has begun but still you can apply fir it.
    http://survarium.com/en/news/survarium-alpha-test-has-begun
    [​IMG]

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Yes i know all about S2 and Survarium. To bad.

6. xsidex

xsidex Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7970 @1.2Ghz
    I'm quite the professional Stealth Player in this game :grin::grin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6diDOvtoMA
    (Theres an annotation on the begining of the video with the exact time where you can see my unreal skillz :grin:)

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey Captain giant picture (pjokerxp) and Captain Considerate (S.T.A.R.A.C)

Could we please use spoiler tags for us small screen mobile users when surprise posting images, ghastly fright when instead of text i saw a giant hand.

pleeease

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
  9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Thank you kindly sir.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

11. chuuey

chuuey Guest

Well personally I think it isn't THAT great... I played it for about an hour and lost interest, when Last Light got me interested for a lot longer.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Metro 2033 and LL are like Band of Brothers to me, i just have to keep watching to see what happens next and i dont want it to end damn you!

13. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    look should fix this issue ;)

Thank you! :)

14. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I'm person capable of critical thinking.

Not part of the mass.

15. danfim

danfim Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I almost cried (manly) when I heard STALKER 2 was cancelled and they would make an MMO.

When I saw the orange healthkits in Metro it kinda reminded me of Stalker games. If only Metro had been open-world free-roam game with exploration, non-scripted mutants and choice-dialogue. And people in the stations would have given you missions. I think that would have been epic. Like Stalker with underground Metro tunnels and MLL's game engine. That is my dream.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Very nice dream you have there.

17. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Got a strange bug, i'm stuck in crouch mode (toggle crouch doesn't work) and it won't let me jump, even after restarting the game. Nevermind, restarting chapter fixed it.

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I got back from a patch to find one of my guns had vanished, the anti tank rifle, when I selected it it showed my smg gun, slight panic, but swapping my gun with a dropped enemy one and back worked.

19. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Last Light is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Infite, in terms of...everything. Infinte is absolute dog shiite compared. Just terrible.

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I prefer Metro while playing, but Bioshock defo deserves a thumbs up in the storyline departement.

Bioshock infinite felt generic during the first half, only to really get me interested the 2nd half after a few plot twists and at the end there's just the massive... massive... mind**** :nerd: