Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This thread has some strange posts.

2. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    ^All the comparisons and counter comparison of RT on/off, Dlss on/off, and pre patch/post patch and so on is making us a bit batty. I don't even have Dlss on my Titan V so if what they say above is true that it makes the game look sharper with RT on with the new patch then I may have to order at least a 2080ti. Edit: hmm, if it was Dlss and not RT causing the reported blurring of textures in the pre patch then maybe I'm ok as it is.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Man i'm super hard cpu bottlenecked here, 800x600 versus 1920x1080 is a difference of 3fps.
    1920x1080 low vs normal is a difference of 2 fps.

Sucks because in some areas it's perfectly playable and when I look in a certain direction the fps just dips straight down to 20. I can literally see my cpu cores getting hammered like an innocent schoolgirl under the stadium seats lmao.

4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Question. I am running a n LG 34 inch 2560X1080p monitor. Been running the 416.94s. Decided to try the 419.17s to try DLSS. The DLSS check box in the Metro Exodus video settings however will not stay checked. Am I right in guessing DLSS doesn`t yet work at my monitors 2560X1080p rez?

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Overall it's quite a good game, I played only this Metro that far. Probably because of the old Stalker open vibe.

It feels like Stalker SoC>... dead.. > something stalker underground called metro2033 series..>... noise...> Alive back to stalker on better gfx lol

And it runs surprisingly good on oldies 980ti OC'd with 418.81 @ dx12 1080p Ultra, hw hair and physx on, blur low and I always get above 70fps (usually in the 90fps+),only few rare dips to 55-62fps by cutscenes or very crowded place with people - that church when you first go under the canal.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    That's the thing. It doesn't always load from RAM/VRAM. Do you know where the NV_Cache folder is located? This is the explorer address assuming you have Windows on C:\:

So if a game has inefficient use of resources (like Metro Exodus), those files may be pulled directly from storage during gameplay and create a huge lag spike. This is exactly what is happening in Metro Exodus. For whatever reason, those compiled shaders are being loaded during actual gameplay whenever a HW enabled asset is close by. Shader cache removes the lag spike but only after the entity has already been encountered as the shaders have been loaded into memory. If you restart the game, the compiled shaders have to be accessed AGAIN initially from storage.

I think Watch Dogs was another one, but I honestly can't remember. After my experience with Crysis 3, I made sure that it was turned off globally and I only turned it on for certain games that benefited from it, ie Witcher 3.

7. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I would say no not supported yet but I do not have a monitor of a resolution 2560X1080p so I can not be 100% sure after the patch.
    https://i.**********/dVHkLWv6/1-1.jpg
    https://i.**********/pLX5VNNy/1-2.jpg

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Haha, love the way you describe it, i guess u used to do that under the stadium seats

9. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
  10. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Just as I figured. I cannot get DLSS because my LG 34 only does 2560x1080p default. And none of my DSR resolutions match the aboves pictured list. Odd how it just doesn`t work with any res.

11. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Shataan likes this.
  12. I don't suffer from arachnophobia, but this game can make me feel quite uncomfortable at times...

/OT: post num. 500 celebration :)

angelgraves13 likes this.
  13. Wolf9an9

Wolf9an9 Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800XT
    I am running the Epic direct (not steam) version and it runs pretty good with GTX970.
    I normally play offline but after the new PC patch I can only continue the game in offline mode.
    When I go online it will only allow me to start a new game.
    Has anybody else experienced this or can anybody suggest how I can solve this by somehow synchronizing offline and online save files?

14. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Can anyone tell me, extreme preset what actually changes besides sharped and more high resolution shadows?!

15. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    [​IMG]
    *on HIGH gamma is lower

1 - better and darker shadows
    2 - better ambient occlusion and glass shader
    3 - overall better lighting; better merged objects

High --- Extreme

16. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    From ultra to extreme I saw only better shadows nothing more, that's why I asked.

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I agree, even that negligible.

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    warlord likes this.
  19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Check it better. The difference IS HUGE. Many textures and items are missing due to lod and draw distance.

Ultra

[​IMG]

Extreme

[​IMG]