Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    We've just seen 2 major releases hop on the Epic train, Metro: Exodus and The Division 2. Epic also have Fortnite, love it or hate it, that's a lot of gamers. Also, any UE4 dev will most likely see Epic as a far greater option. Time will tell.

You won't continue something you started, cute.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I get this too, in both DX11 and DX12. I was hoping the patch would fix the stuttering but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

Dragondale13 likes this.
  3. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Many of them say they'll buy it when it's back on Steam - so pirate now because they want to play it now, and then pay a reduced price for it on Steam later to "reward" the developers.

I dunno, it all just seems rather scummy. They seem to have this snobbishly entitled attitude - as if they have a right to play the game and are pirating because they don't want to use the Epic launcher. In my opinion, these gamers do not deserve this game and are entitled to nothing - if you don't want to buy the game on the EGS then you should wait until next year when it's on Steam. Pirating in the meantime is not a valid option.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Not to be petty, but no, you did (in the above post).

And now I've finished it :D

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yeah, well, not buying it because it's on a different launcher is definitely snobbish.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2019
    metagamer likes this.
  6. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Ok, for all who want it on Steam because all one's games are on Steam. Since Metro Exodus runs without the need of the Epic launcher, only exception are patches, just launch the game from the steam launcher. Done. Only issue have found with this is that the saves are not routed to the games folder. The files just sit out in the open in the generic saved games folder.

The game has launched so it would be in everyone's best interest to keep the discussion to the game and not dig up the whole business decision on which the sales were to occur on.

Side note, before the patch, the version number showing for me was 1.0.1.0. Have not touched the game since Sunday. So will see what goes. Had to start Volga over because I fell in the Terminal and could not get back up. Too bad one of those med alert buttons were not available...Help is on the way!

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    childish even

BlackZero likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Guys, pump in the comparative screenshot for dlss, i'm curious :oops:

Kolt and BangTail like this.
  9. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    My reason for getting it on steam is im am family sharing it with my brother across different systems and I can use cloud saves again, on different systems.

Epic does not have that, Also it was funny to see all the guys from the Epic store in the steam forums launch day asking for help and support because epic doesn't have forums.

cerebus23, BlackZero and BangTail like this.
  10. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Hopefully they will also fix how the saves function. Why on earth do we still not have access to more than just the two options...last check point and the current quick save? Is it a limitation of the game engine? Having the ability to have more control and just more restore points would have been great. At least the ability to restart a particular chapter was fleshed out.

cerebus23, Kolt and BangTail like this.

11. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Some valid points raised right here.

12. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm fine with them not buying it because of the launcher (their money, their choice), but they feel entitled to it anyways and opt to pirate it so they can play it. I just find that so wrong. Many of them also consider themselves fans of Metro, which makes this even worse.

In the Metro series, this would be bad karma - I hope they get the bad ending :p

Yeah, this makes me hesitant to try to the hardcore Ranger mode.

BlackZero likes this.
  13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
  14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I too noticed a substantial visuals detail quality upgrade after the patch. I was just finishing the Desert, and am now just getting in Taiga. Wow! Freaking beautiful!

AsiJu, pharma and BangTail like this.
  15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    DLSS is way better now.

AsiJu, XenthorX, pharma and 1 other person like this.

16. DLSS's increased bluriness and upscaling artifacts are still there and... unfortunately, always will be.

btw. I was a bit surprised how good is the standard TAA implementation. It's definitely one of the best I've seen, really sharp and temporally stable. What a shame more ppl do not mention this, because TAA is one of the biggest concerns still.

AsiJu likes this.
  17. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Now DLSS looks way better,
    Thanks for comparison, but it looks like you have linked one PNG twice ("Metro Exodus 4K RT High DLSS Off"), and I'm guessing you wanted to post
    "RT HIGH and DLSS ON" because it's missing.

BTW- on screenshot comparsion site the difference is much better visible, so I have linked your screenshots there and I hope you dont mind.
    http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/130605

Kolt and BangTail like this.
  18. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Oh I am an idiot,I fixed the links thanks.
    I love that screenshot place I have used it in the past.Of course I do not mind.Thanks.

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  19. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
  20. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    It's still a work in progress for both developers and Nvidia, but the amount of experience gained for both is immense. The next patch will likely target some existing artifacts and the HDR + DLSS bug.