Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Yeah it is crazy,some of those people can spend 1300USD on a video card but will pirate 20-60 game.Makes no sense at all.They have morals lol

ShadowDuke and WhiteLightning like this.
  2. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    Maybe they are not gimping GPU's performance on purpose, but they sure dont care about optimizing their drivers (the end result is the same). When GTX 970 is almost twice as fast compared to 780ti and even 7970 beats kepler top dog, then you know drivers are to blame. Of course kepler cards are old but AMD 7970 is even older and yet it is still going strong as it was years ago. Why Nv can do the same? Also if you look at steam survey many people are still using kepler GPU's (and maxwell era GPU's as well) because multiplatform games are still made with xbox one and PS4 consoles in mind, and top dog kepler cards and maxwell with good driver support would run these games without problems even today. 1.5 year ago I was still using kepler GPU for myself and it was still strong in multiplatform games (multiplatform games run much better than on PS4) and it looks like Nv have decided to stop optimizing their drivers for kepler at all just to force people to stop using their older cards and buy a new one.

This particular benchmark is not from included ingame bechmark, but from the most demanding location in entire game (this particular site always benchmark games in the most demanding locations they can possibly find). In regards to ambient occlusion. Hardwareunboxed in their metro exodus tech guide (posted few posts above) talked how various presets change ambient occlusion quality in this game, so are you really sure game is not using ambient occlusion at all without RTX settings? I'm using my phone now with 2960x1440 resolution but it's hard to make conclusion on such a small screen in regards to ambient occlusion, so I would have to examine metro screenshots in my home on a proper screen.

Undying likes this.
  3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Just checked some benches from the RVII review here on Guru. All at 1080p

780ti vs cards you mentioned

GTAV - 74fps 780ti / 54fps 7970
    Far Cry 5 - 51fps 780ti / 52fps 970
    TW3 - 43fps 780ti / 32fps 7970ghz

So... what exactly are you on about?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    A Tahiti gpu to be faster than full gk110 is crazy. Look at the 290. Those ware the amazing cards.

https://i.**********/LsHqhM8S/Untitled.png

LuckyNumber8 likes this.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    It's not only AO that is missing. It's a lot more.

[​IMG]

LuckyNumber8 likes this.
  6. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Master Guru

GPU:
    All of your quoted results looks as they should. You can see much better results on 780ti in GTA 5 and TW3 compared to 7970, and very similar level of performance compared to 970GTX. The thing is, in metro exodus 7970 is faster than 780ti, while 970 almost doubled 780ti framerate, so as you can see 780ti no longer run games as it should and not because it's too slow, but because of drivers. Yes, 780ti is old card, but for some reason AMD 7970 still runs metro as it should and it's even older card.

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    does anyone even care about specifically Metro performance years after the release of these gpus? Doubt it.They all run the game like crap. And like I said, in many other games, the 780ti destroys the 7970 and is close to the 970. So what exactly is the problem? Also, you're basing that on one benchmark from a bit of an unreliable source.

Personally, I would prefer Nvidia to focus on the last 2 generations of gpus. 780ti is almost 6 years old now, supporting such old hardware is a waste of resources.

BangTail likes this.
  8. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Why is there so many different benchmark results from like four different websites for this game? Game GPU, Tech Spot, Guru 3D, Tech Power Up, and some of them are running the game at Ultra and the difference is very off. I noticed 78 fps in one benchmark and the others are showing in mid 40's or mid 50's using Ultra Settings for the game. I know it does matter which CPU you are running, but the difference is so off. Anybody notice this at all?

https://gamegpu.com/action-/-fps-/-tps/metro-exodus-test-gpu-cpu
    https://www.techspot.com/review/1795-metro-exodus-benchmarks/
    https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/metro_exodus_pc_graphics_performance_benchmarks,6.html
    https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Performance_Analysis/Metro_Exodus/6.html

9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    happens all the time with these reviews, I don't really care for them because the inconsistencies are always there.

Guru01 likes this.
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    HH Guru3D and Steve from hardware unboxed, those two reviewers you should probably trust.

Caesar, millibyte and Guru01 like this.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Undying

Hardware Unboxed has turned into an incredibly biased channel, they never miss a chance to sh!t all over Nvidia and Intel and rarely (if ever) have a bad word to say about AMD.

I'm only interested in objective opinions, Steve Burke from GN is a very fair and objective guy, in fact I have yet to watch a video of his where he is not fair and objective (regardless of which company he is discussing).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    BlackZero likes this.
  12. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Anybody here running a GTX 1070 by any chance, and how is the frames per second for Metro Exodus on Ultra game settings?

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Yeah, GN seem to be great for reviews, card teardowns and they do show more than just average fps which is very important to me. Top channel and my go to for gpu reviews.

BangTail likes this.
  14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    I don't think that's true at all. Hardware Unboxed crapped all over the 590 and Radeon VII. They seem to keep price/performance ratio at the fore when coming to conclusions and they criticize AMD's overpriced cards just like they do Nvidia's. I think that's still important to most people.

-Tj- likes this.
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @millibyte

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, as I am entitled to mine :)

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I agree about GN being fair but i also dont agree HU prefer amd gpus. They both had they share of shiting on, nvidia and amd if the card deserves it. Its not our fault nvidia lately is asking for it.

-Tj- and BangTail like this.
  17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    how?

BangTail likes this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That's exactly what I'm talking about, but fear not, I won't start a debate in this thread as it has no place here, but that is bias, that is what HU does and that is specifically why I don't like them.

Thanks for proving my point and please stay on topic, thanks :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  19. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I trust GN, but I definitely don't trust Hardware Unboxed.

All personal opinion and can't prove a thing, but common sense tells me not to trust HU.

BangTail likes this.
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I'm sure they would pirate the cards as well if they could...

BangTail likes this.