Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I noticed no performance drops while using AA in the Redux versions.

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Must have been improved then. Have only originals myself.

2033 redux has been on my wishlist for ages and I'm always thinking of getting it when it's on sale but during every sale so far has just been meh, maybe next time...

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    On the steam page it just says 2018 Release anyone know when they plan on dropping this bad-boy? How about system requirements? We are still on a Gtx 980 but I hope its able to at least play on Medium otherwise need to Upgrade asap!

4. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    THQ Nordic has entered into an agreement to acquire Koch Media GmbH, including, inter alia, the games developer and publisher Deep Silver with AAA-intellectual property rights such as Saints Row, Dead Island
    and exclusive licence for Metro.

“Koch Media has a long history of profitability despite losses incurred from some less successful game releases. THQ Nordic is convinced that the development studios of Deep Silver as part of THQ Nordic will successfully deliver at least four ongoing AAA game projects including Metro Exodus as well as the next Volition Studio AAA release and the next Dambuster Studio AAA release, together with a number of other game development and publishing titles.”, says Lars Wingefors, CEO THQ Nordic

http://news.cision.com/thq-nordic-ab/r/thq-nordic-acquires-koch-media-gmbh,c2452159

I think its a good news for Metro devs.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    This should be good news yes, I remember an article stating that Metro developers had some real financial issues developing Last light.

Its a lot easier to work when you're actually getting paid well.

EDIT: Found the article;

https://www.pcgamer.com/4a-games-working-conditions/

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Isn't that also a comment on the state of Ukraine and it's government than solely the funding the received from publishers?

Oh, just noticed the bit on the 2012 winter, which was pretty bad as i recall, that can't have helped blowing all the money on heating

The budget sounds awful though

Well they're in Malta mostly now I believe, website says they still have a office in Kiev. Must have been opened recently cause they all fled the country around 2014 or so

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Yes of course but i'm assuming more funding could have helped them relocate.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's how you can spot a passionate studio. When they work through such hardships.
    People Can Fly worked in very similar circumstances when they made Painkiller. Many members of the team living/sleeping at the studio.. because they lost their apartments, putting their money into the game.
    Going days without food and heat, simply trying to make the game the best it could be.

9. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah,will be better for devs with an publisher which understand what the heck is programming and developing an such game(s).
    Anyway Metro Exodus will look good and will have a gameplay as an AAA game.

10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i just wanna know why devs show a game that needs 1.5 years to finish, and show it at july 2017, and they tell u yes its coming early 2018, and now the game is set ending of december 2018, wtf......

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Really?

Sorry, but this makes it sound like you've never followed a game before.
    Games get delayed, all the time. That is nothing new.

Why did Croteam announce Serious Sam 4 several years ago with nothing to show? Why did id announce Doom 4 before RAGE was out? Why did Valve announce HL2:Episode 3... and then... act like it was never announced?
    Games get announced early all the time. It's not new, it's not odd or uncommon. It's as commonplace as them getting delayed for extra polish, or something didn't go according to schedule.

Netherwind likes this.
  12. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    they overhyped us that the game is coming early 2018, and then delay to may 2018, and then fall 2018, and now december 2018....

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I haven't seen any overhype surrounding Exodus or release dates stirred by devs... maybe it's you who got overhyped?

BangTail and Grimbarian like this.
  14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Gah, pushed back :(

15. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    Hell, I/m still waiting for Half Life Three:rolleyes:

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    How?
    They released a trailer at E3 for Microsoft. Then, a few months after that, released another trailer.

And... have been pretty quiet all together. How did they "overhype" anyone really?

And, even so, this isn't a valid complaint. Damn near every game gets delayed, some by a few months... some by years (Doom 3, HL2.... ).

17. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    The statement above is not true. During the E3 reveal the trailer ended with "Departing 2018". During the game awards the trailer ended with "Fall 2018".

Gameinformer has more info here. http://www.gameinformer.com/p/metroexodus.aspx

I anticipate a spring trailer during the upcoming GDC conference next week. They might also reveal the release month. I think it is October. When Gameinformer staff visited the studio they were demoed a large map of the spring season. The link above has some videos that show over the shoulder video capture.

During the E3 I anticipate a summer trailer with the exact release date.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep and rather push the release back 10 times if necessary than release a rushed product.

Look at it this way: it's good that the producer allows for delaying release, instead of forcing whatever-date-was-once-set-when-nothing-was-really-made-yet

IAmGhostDog likes this.
  19. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would rather wait for a finished quality game rather than something rushed and broken that constantly needs fixing.
    Some of which never gets fixed, and invariably they fix this and break that in a never ending cycle.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    This is a MASSIVE hint that Metro Exodus will be a DX12 exclusive. Metro Exodus will be the first PC game to utilize Microsoft's new DirectXR API, which builds on DX12 to add real time ray tracing to games, and NVidia's RTX technology which accelerates DXR, and provides tools to developers to help them deploy and :

Twitter announcement

So from this evidence, I think we can safely conclude that Metro Exodus will use DXR12 :D