Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Absolutely not (you do not and should not have to upgrade every 12 months), but people have to be aware that older hardware is not necessarily going to run everything as well as it did the day it came off the production line.

It should also be noted that 'minimum requirements' are just that, the absolute minimum required to run the game on the lowest possible settings.

2. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    to be fair, no amount of AO would have saved the non ray traced image compared to the ray traced image. The way the ray traced image is lit is just miles more accurate than any AO could achieve.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Has anyone tried that?

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Exactly, no competition.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    1050ti could be close to the 960 but it definitely doesnt eak it out..

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I don't see my 2080 struggle too much with this game at 1080p so I do miss your point a little bit.

Going back to the "good old days" when we would have new games come out and the best gpu couldn't run them at a stable 30fps, this is far from an issue.

Crysis definitely didn't run at 30fps on low end cards, it struggled to achieve that with the best gpu on the market.

Going even further back, it was even worse. Current top end gpu will run Metro Exodus no problem at 1080p so I really don't see the issue.

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Saying that about crysis is an exaggeration by a mile, because i ran crysis when it came out on a low end 8600gt, but at low resolution not at 1080p for sure, but im sure a 8800gtx ran it nicely if im not mistaken

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Big no no my friend! First, this RT method is not accurate and it's very robust. That's why you have too dark or too bright situations. Much better solution is Cryengine SVOTI, it's more accurate and performance are amazing.
    Second, with traditional methods you can achieve pretty close lighting effects, especially indoors. And AO effect is obviously big bonus to that. But they didn't bother at all. procreating Nvidia bought them!

Pause at this DF video at 16:05. That looks like crap! There's no AO here!

warlord likes this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC

2x 8800 Ultra @720p avg 30fps.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I paused the video at 16:05 and the ray traced scene is lit a country mile more accurate than the none ray trayced scene. AO wouldn't salvage that scene.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Well metro exodus isn t the new crysis, crysis was just revolutionary with it s level design and the assets graphics wise..

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    @Carfax
    I did not actually try that possible DX12 fix,I was just sharing it for those who may have DX12 Stutter in this game.

You guys wanna see some complaints on RTX watch this nut bar Gamer Nexus

@S.T.A.R.A.C.
    Cryengine SVOTI I really enjoy in Kingdom Come Deliverance and it looks better at times than RTX global illumination in this Metro Game but the Cryengine SVOTI does also have really bad shadows at times.

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    • it's bad that this game runs like crap
    • it could be worse, games in the past ran worse and pushed hardware more
    • not true, my low end gpu ran crysis just fine
    • fact is crysis didn't run well on even the best gpu at the time
    OH WELL, THIS IS NOT THE NEW CRYSIS.

Forgive me if I gave up right there.

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Where am i? Is this the crysis thread or metro.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Not sure but I'm pretty sure my 486 could run Crysis maxed out...

Keitosha and Undying like this.

16. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Water has been getting corrupted. After a while the water just becomes a solid black space. Back up far enough and the water appears as water again. Have been having to restart the game to get the water correct. Have been using 418.81. Will be switching to .91 and see if it continues. Been hanging around the terminal and the bridge. FPS has not dropped below 57. Has usually been hovering in the mid to high 70s. Running on extreme with hairworks and advanced PhysX enabled @ 1920x1200.

As far as Crysis, was running 3 HD3870s at that time and only setting that was not maxed out was the water setting. Had to put that one down to medium. Was the first time and last time was running multiple gpus.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This thread is now about Cryisis and if it can run on your video card.

I made you click the second spoiler

XenthorX, Keitosha, Kolt and 5 others like this.
  18. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Looks like the game did well in its opening weekend:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ga...n-is-no-1-but-metro-exodus-is-the-real-winner

19. did I just have a deja vu moment or whuut... :confused:
    :mad::mad::mad:
    lol - needed some relief from building my UX303LA's boot-usb for High Sierra.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    How is the A.I. from human enemies so far? I still remember the lack of enemy reaction to sound or player proximity (or super low reaction times) in video previews from a couple of months ago (game was still worked on; it could have changed since then). Are they gathering to one coordinate and pointing their guns towards the sky in unison like they did in STALKER? Do they get stuck in world geometry? (that would be bad pathing), do they react to sound properly? Or do they detect you at all times regardless of what you attempt to do to infiltrate or get 'sneaky' kills?

I'm still considering the game but I'm mostly waiting for:

- Price reduction (doesn't have to be a big one but I'm just not gonna buy full price; not because of the reason a lot of people would think about but because I still have my doubts about this game)
    - Good examples of decent A.I. behavior (at least from human enemies; I don't care if a zombie is stupid or if a rat gets stuck in tree, but I will care if humans are sitting ducks due to stupidity)

I prefer to ask here to get direct answers to my questions over going on Twitch to watch Streams, to avoid potential spoilers.