1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I'm getting well above 60 FPS with my Titan Xp for the most part, depending on where I am. Hilbert's review used the benchmark which is supposedly much more graphics intensive than the actual game, so I don't believe that to be an accurate representation of performance. There are occasional drops below 60 in open areas, but not too many. Sometimes there is a bit of lag or stutter when going into a large open area for the first time as well (at least with DX12), but again, not very frequent. I hope that patch is released soon though, as the game can only get better.

The texture work is incredible though, and very detailed. The weapons in particular look amazing, as do the mutants.

AsiJu likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    i heard the benchmark underperform compared to the game ?

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Yes, the benchmark is worse.

4. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Maybe a virus scanner removed it? It's a brand new untested file.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    game clearly suggests a 670 as minimum, and a 2060 as recommended, however, is it justifiable? i don t know and i cannot admit as i haven t played the game, but 1080 p performance should be good..

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well 670 with everything turned to low maybe? why not? what resolution 1080 maybe even 720 you could eek out a bit more fps. but yea its been playable sofar but i will probably dial down or turn off other stuff to get higher average fps to make the gun play consistent game looks great at medium settings. textures look sharp and good lest the ones where it counts. fps is good to even great in cut scenes. and its not bad overall even with things dialed up slightly.

have to play with it more tomorrow but sofar happy how the game is running and looks.

7. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Is the in game benchmark broken? Wen i select DX11 MSI Afterburner shows DX12 mode.

8. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    What was posted earlier about the offline mode for the Epic launcher not necessary any longer. If not wanting to deal with the launcher at all, just create a shortcut for the game's exe file and never have to deal with the launcher until a patch is needed. Game will run without going through the Epic launcher/service. Being able to run the game without the launcher/service at all is the better implementation imo.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  9. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Advanced physx not working in game, i see it wen i enable Nvidia PHYSX indicator

10. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti

That will also explain why in Hilberts's review there's no fps difference with it on or off.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    what does advanced physix offer anyway... i can barely differentiate

12. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    And in the benchmark DX11 is not enabled wen you select it in the options. But after the benchmark is done i see DX11 in the link. Msi Afterburner Shows DX12 wen benchmarking

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    It's working. It uses CPU PhysX just like the Metro Redux games. I explained this in a post many pages ago. It doesn't make much sense to use GPU PhysX these days, especially for a very demanding title like Metro Redux. The reason is because CPU PhysX has now become fast enough to enable advanced physics effects that used to be exclusive to GPU acceleration, courtesy of SIMD and multithreading optimization. Cloth simulation and rigid body physics runs really fast on the latest PhysX versions plus modern CPUs.

14. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    If i select in Metro Redux Advanced PHYSX Nvidia Physx indicator shows GPU Physx, Metro Exodus does not showing it, still CPU Physx

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Now that's a positive development! Just like GoG (and Steam&Uplay in a few cases, like Far Cry 2). It's strange, though. The game isn't DRM free...

16. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    What is the difference between Exreme and Ultra, SSAA?

17. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    On ultra the game uses the shading rate to 100% and on extreme at 200%. That setting is the only performance hog. Except that shading rate no difference.

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Dude, none of the Redux games use GPU PhysX. It was stripped out of the games. Only the original Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light use GPU PhysX. This is a good thing as the game doesn't need GPU PhysX when CPU PhysX is more than fast enough.

19. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Under game options you can select Advanced Physx in Metro Last Light Redux, it says Physx=GPU

20. Keesberenburg

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    But wen i select exteme in game the shading rate still on 1x