1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Preloading mine now! :D It's weighing in at 45.4GB.

BangTail and Undying like this.
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yup got mine preloaded, got frozen pizza "cooking" for dinner got my herbal medicine and now i wait for unlock :p.

serbicu, Undying and BangTail like this.
  3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    nVidia has never let me down. Although like everyone else, I am suspect of the outrageous card prices. I usually get the 11 gig ti version. But here in Canada, the EVGA 2080ti FTW 3 costs almost 1900.00. Now if the drivers were more matture and outta gates I/we got the performance we were led to believe we`d get, then I could prolly let the prices slide. But imho the price point doesn`t match the lack of driver maturity atm. We pay more for less atm. Hopefully the performance catches up if ya catch my drift. So I opted for the EVGA 2080 FTW Ultra. Navi by Summer possibly. I was going to say, BF Vs RTX implementation is a lot different than Metro Exodus. I prefer Exodus Devs way of implementation tbth. You see it in ALL the lighting. A much more logical and effective approach. BF Vs devs using it only for reflections was a huge waste. I won`t even bother with it in BF V.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    BangTail likes this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well about 8 minutes till game unlocks on steam.

5. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Just started downloading now. Should take 15 mins.

DLSS is never being used on this PC.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Mine is unlocked, and is now decompressing/installing. This is where my 8 core hyperthreaded CPU earns its keep! :D

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    decrypting on steam but that is going slow.

8. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    It's faster for me to download it than wait for it to decrypt lol

cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I'm 3/4 of the way finished!

10. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    And...it's done downloading.

Time to jump in...

cerebus23 likes this.

11. sertopico

sertopico Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080Ti OC
    It's clear they added DLSS because RTX is -right now- unsustainable even for the beefiest GPU of the series. We'll see how it goes in the next generation.

12. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    I guess the patch drops tomorrow because this one ain't patched.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I wonder how this will perform on my gtx 970 which i rocked for 3 years now, the only game i struggled to keep above 80 fps at 1080 was BF V so hopefully i can be able to rock this one at above 60 as i dont care for 144hz on singleplayer games

14. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Isn't that a given?

DLSS1 is upscaling from A to B with a pass of some sort applied to it I haven't checked too in-depth what but it looks like 2560 x 1440 to 3840 x 2160 was common but now Metro Exodus also supports 1920x1080 (To the same? So even blurrier if it's 3840x2160 then.) so perhaps it is becoming a bit more flexible.

DLSS2 should also be a thing but I don't have any info on how that works, seemingly it's just more upscaling up to 7680x4320 but we'll see because if that's true it would be very blurry if a 1.5x increase (2560x1440 -> 3840x2160) can already cause a noticeable difference in visual clarity via BF5 and Metro Exodus here. Perhaps that benchmark software too which was recently updated with it.

On the flip side is the really nice performance gain but yeah it will be a trade-off.

EDIT: Post-process sharpening can also be a thing but it can't cover for how much it's upscaling from even if it's not a straight up bilinear scaling.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    DLSS 2x is native res + AI AA.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    That's also what I heard but then I started hearing the difference was mostly in how it scaled and not native versus a lower res which is where it would be really fun to see it in action as a sort of temporal AA or super-sampling method via AI algorithm.

EDIT: Well if nothing else we'll know for sure if anything comes out using it beyond offline rendering if it really is native res driven. :)

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    So far impressions are great. I can tell this game is going to be fantastic! Graphics look stunning with awesome texture work, and the performance so far has been spectacular with everything maxed out on Extreme at 1440p. Also DX12 is faster for me than DX11.

Time to head back to the Metro! :D

19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This game is brutal on 4K Extreme with no RTX or DLSS. Couldn't crack 35 fps in the benchmark on a 2080 Ti.

The benchmark wasn't much slower with RTX on...maybe 10 fps less.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i snapped a quick video uploading the intro area till i hit the main story cutscene basically.

But i got a 960gtx 16 gig of ram and at 1080 game was playable, there were dips here and there and i let some eye candy options flupped on like hairworks and tessalation for some reason but other than changing areas where the fps would drop for a bit the game was 30 to 50 ish fps depending where i was and what was going on. shooting felt ok of course more fps is better, but you could probably hit 40 to 60 fps by ticking down some of the optional setting like AF i flipped up from the default, and those other options. even with my card.

Want high or ultra start ordering a new video card less they work miracles with updates.

21. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Out of interest what fps are you getting with those settings? Also is your sig GPU up to date (Titan Xp)?

Based on Hilbert's review a 2080 Ti nets 42 fps average w/ Extreme @ 1440p...