1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I dunno, as someone who's been burned by pre-orders numerous times, I'm wary of pre-ordering under any circumstances. Of course I'm sure Steam users will be able to get a refund if the game doesn't live up to the hype, but I'm still surprised that so many gamers would ignore one of the cardinal rules of PC gaming (especially after so many AAA titles were a flop of late).

I can understand the unique situation - I was tempted to pre-order myself when I heard it was going to the EGS - but I stick firmly to the rule against pre-ordering. I certainly hope the game is good though.

2. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I pre-ordered the game just to be able to get it on Steam.. I otherwise would have probably gotten it day 1, as I am really against pre-ordering myself. This is definitely a unique situation (not that I am the indicator of that or anything). It's just pretty obvious that a lot of people jumped to the pre-orders just to have a Steam copy.

BangTail and lucidus like this.
  3. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I generally do not Pre-order, although I will if it is a developer or a franchise that has a proven track record and/or it is a game I know I would buy on day one.

As long as whatever store you are using has a refund policy, I don't see it being a problem in all honesty.

People are free to do what they want with their money.

lucidus likes this.
  4. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I'm not one for preorders, but Cyberpunk 2077 is one of those games that I will, just as soon as I see an option for it somewhere. Metro: Exodus was not a preorder game for me.

lucidus, cerebus23 and BangTail like this.

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    That's what got me into trouble, LOL. I pre-ordered Street Fighter 5 because I loved 4 and was a fan of Capcom fighters in general. Big mistake. Of course I could have refunded but I was holding out hope that they would fix it quickly (I'm sure many do the same with their favorite game companies). They didn't. The game is now in a more acceptable state years after release but I have little interest in it now.

I also pre-ordered The Sims 4 because I loved the sandbox, open-world feel of the previous game (same reason why I love Bethesda games). The disappointment was palpable. I now avoid pre-orders even for those game studios that I like.

6. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
  7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And just pre-loaded FarCry: New Dawn.

Though, had they not pulled the crap they did... Metro Exodus would've been my game of choice.
    But, I like the FC games, they are fun. Not every game needs to be ground breaking, or absolutely amazing. Sometimes... a simple "fun" game is more then enough. Specially when you can get it for about 30 bucks.

Rich_Guy, BangTail, Undying and 2 others like this.
  8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Fc new dawn is another cash grab FC 4.2 to milk money out of u, 30 bucks still u could have bought metro instead of playing same old singleplayer game, to many this FC franchise is dead, to me after farcry 3, which was the absolute peak of open world games

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Booo! :p

:D

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I like FC3, but it was not the "peak" of open world games.
    And, personally, was not the best FC title. Primal is still the best, and FC5 is better then 3. The best part of FC3 was Vaas, and he's only in half the game.

I will get Metro, but when it's on the platform I choose. Next year, when I'm able to make the choice for myself.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I just loaded up Metro Last Light this morning to see how well it had aged. Visually it looks fine, especially with the use of tessellation to give everything a nice rounded appearance, and character models look good with the exception of the eyes. However, the small bite sized pieces of levels broken by (admittedly short) loading times made the game feel really dated and I was shocked at how easy it was to just spam the X button on my Xbox One controller to knock out enemy after enemy on Normal difficulty rather than actually shoot them. I cleared out an enemy compound this way without firing a single shot; in fact, the game was actually harder to play using the gun!!! lol

I'm sure Metro Exodus will be much more open with larger (hopefully) seamless levels and better combat but, unfortunately for me, I won't be able to play it until next year when it comes back to Steam. Still, at least most of the bugs will be fixed by then so there is that.

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I was actually looking for an official forum for Metro Exodus I can not find the forums am I just crazy .I can find 7 different social media official sites.I can find the steam forum but that is a cesspool.Anyone got a link to official forum for Deep Silver or Epic games.
    https://www.deepsilver.com/en/games/metro-exodus/
    https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/metro-exodus/home

Well I may start Metro Last Light Redux today. Much like other game series, I buy them and never play them but dammit this time I will play at least a couple of hours of one of the 4 metro games I have before the big release on the 15 of Feb 2019.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    lucidus likes this.
  14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  15. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Another thing I did not know is that the EGS does not have an offline mode, you must be online to play any game, regardless if it is SP only or not.

Not a huge deal but if you want to fire up Exodus on your laptop while you are travelling and you have no connection, you can't play.

As much as I won't ever be using the EGS, I do hope they get stuff like this sorted out, it's pretty elementary.

cerebus23 likes this.

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    lucidus likes this.
  17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
  18. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It's no surprise - there's a reason why they only take a 12% cut. I basically think of it as any launcher other than Steam, like Origin or Uplay - you only use it to buy, download and launch games.

To be frank though, that's the way I treat Steam most of the time as well. I rarely use the forums or read user reviews (I only pay attention to the average score) and don't really care for the trading cards or anything else. The reason I prioritize Steam is simply the fact that most of my games are on there and I prefer to have everything under one roof.

Shataan likes this.
  19. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Metro Exodus / Epic Games Partnership FAQ
    As of 28 th January 2019, Metro Exodus is now available to purchase through the Epic Games store EpicGames.com and has been removed from other Digital stores, including Steam.

All existing pre-orders through those stores will be honored.

We’ve broken this FAQ into four sections to inform you how, or if, this affects you :

#1 : FAQ FOR EXISTING STEAM PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS
    #2 : FAQ FOR EPIC GAMES STORE CUSTOMERS
    #3 : FAQ FOR PHYSICAL PC PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS
    #4 : FAQ FOR CUSTOMERS OF HUMBLE BUNDLE AND OTHER KEY SELLERS

#1 - FAQ FOR EXISITNG STEAM PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS
    I already pre-ordered Metro Exodus on Steam. What happens to my order?
    Your pre-order on Steam will be honored, and you will be able to download and play Metro Exodus on release day (15th February 2019).

If I pre-ordered the Gold Edition on Steam, will I still get my future Expansion Pass on Steam?
    Yes, your Expansion Pack content will become available for download via Steam, when released.

Will I still get my pre-order bonuses - the Digital Artbook and Official Soundtrack on Steam?
    Yes, your pre-order bonuses will be honored and delivered by Steam.

I ordered the Standard Edition - will I be able to purchase the Expansion Pass in the future on Steam?
    Yes, if you own the Standard Edition on Steam, you will be able to purchase the Expansion Pass or standalone DLC on Steam when it releases in the future.

Does the Epic Store have any exclusive or timed exclusive DLC?
    No. All future DLC for Metro Exodus will be released simultaneously on all platforms.

Are there any differences in content between the version on the Epic Games store and the version on Steam?
    No, they have the same pre-order bonuses and in-game content. All future title updates, patches, and free and premium DLC will be released simultaneously across both versions.

Will Metro Exodus ever return to Steam?
    Yes - Metro Exodus will return to Steam and on other store fronts after 14th February 2020.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    The main thing I like to use Steam for is the Join Game on my friends list. And if steam has a game I want, well obviously that is convenient. Could care less about the forums..... on the whole. If a Dev has a thread to bring up and post a bug list of sorts, that too is the 1 post I`d hang in .