1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Like i said , its not just about the textures. see the twigs and how they got cut off ?

[​IMG]

I saw that a couple of times in that video with not just twigs.
    no compression will do that.

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    There's nothing wrong with the textures.

And that's mesh cut off or bad uv. I doubt your are gonna see that so often.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I remember seeing that on my play-through and was confused why it was doing that..... good to know it was not just me.

4. Shataan

Shataan Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti FTW3
    OCD much? ;p

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Looks like console footage due to the absence of tessellation/displacement mapping on the ground.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I don't understand how the fortnight launcher has anything to do with the question of Steam having a pre-load available.

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    My guess is that they simply don't want to bother, seemingly thinking that everybody will get it on Epic. Idk if this is arogance, spite, incompetence, some part of the deal with Epic, or all of the above. Sorta want to see the game do poorly now, since I can't stand arrogance, but this could be just me overreaching.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    They obviously saw the sales figures on Steam the day they announced they were pulling it from sale on Steam, it was literally the best selling game on Steam for that day because of the announcement.

It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next year.

emperorsfist likes this.
  10. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I'm interested myself. I have no idea what the publisher is thinking. This may well be a part of the exclusivity deal (I wouldn't be surprised if it went to details like these), a weird retaliation to the backlash (which would be petty, but again it wouldn't really be a surprise for me), or just basic laziness (maybe they never planned a pre-load at all).

This is petty on my part, but I really sorta want to see the game under-perform at this point. I mean, Deep Silver is safe anyhow (since the deal with Epic binds Epic to even out lost money for DS), but I want Epic to be a little bitten on it's lofty a$$.

KissSh0t likes this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    What next? Delaying DLC releases on steam at the last minute because Epic paid them even more? lol. I just did a google search and most of the news results seem to be negative thanks to the Epic non-sense. There's just the trailer that someone posted a few days ago. I use duckduckgo instead so I know results aren't being personalized. If this gets turned into a story by youtubers, it's just more negativity.

Oh and if anyone wants to lol @ epic, this is the first row of Twitch right now. For months they've been #1 no matter what time I check the site.

[​IMG]

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    This is not true, I visit twitch a lot , and these games (besides apex) have always been there , and no metro.
    why would metro be the #1 game watched anyways ?? makes no sense.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    What? I wasn't even talking about Metro and twitch.

14. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    If you ment the epic channel that wasnt #1 either.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Fortnite?

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Oh I stand corrected, sorry! that is very true!
    It doesnt have anything to do with exodus though , just a new game with prize money attached. streamers always gotta keep playing the latest games.

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    No worries man. Just wanted to point at Epic and laugh :p

Kolt, cerebus23 and WhiteLightning like this.
  18. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Apex Legends is number 1 currently because some of the big streamers are sponsored to play Apex. Some 50k-100k viewer streamers are playing Apex, that's why. Also, everyone who plays Fortnite is giving Apex a go atm.

Also, Fortnite has been second and even third at times, with big game releases. All it takes is a couple of big streamers to jump on a new big release and Fortnite gets knocked off it's top spot.

19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    This happens with all the "fad" games, tbh. Once the battle royal craze goes away (which it will), something else will entirely replace it. As for Apex, I've heard that EA funnels a lot of money towards "influencers", but can be quite strict about how you're supposed to "cover" their games.

20. metagamer

metagamer Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    100%. I mean EA probably wouldn't even have to pay these streamers. People like Shroud and Summit pull big crowds and they play shooters so it's fair to say that they'll be giving games like Apex a go. Most people are bored of Fortnite too, I'm sure. So nothing new to see Fortnite being dethroned.