1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    epic are literally poaching in an attempt to make its store more relevant and while the fact they take less cash is the first big incentive there has to be huge money offers being made to make publishers like Deep Silver who only became relevant themselves by selling games ON STEAM with games like Metro Dead Island Saints Row Homefron Risen etc up and leave a platform like steam mere weeks away from such a prominant release like a new metro game,

this is not an attempt at creating good competition anyone who sees it as such is a fool this is epic 100% trying to create just another monopoly with no thought for what gamers want out of it because they struck gold with ONE SINGLE GAME and now have more money than god. this could actually backfire for 4A cos i highly doubt anyone on that platform who plays fortnite would even consider buying a niche shooter like Metro. Where are all the Stalker fans? Oh on Steam. Where are all the Tarkov fans? Yep Steam. Where are all the metro fans? Oh on that platform you just decided to completely leave behind. Good move you fkin idiots.

cerebus23, lucidus and geronimo666 like this.
  2. Kolt

Kolt Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Statement from THQ really seems to state that they themselves did not want this.

[​IMG]

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Can't see your image.

Oh never mind, it's an archive link and my ISP blocks it.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Maybe Gabe will start making games again when all goes to hell, so its one good thing about all of this.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Fortnite is the new Wii ... they're hoping their success will translate into the future but they'll be left with an epic fail instead.

frack yeah gimme Portal 3!

Undying likes this.
  6. Kolt

Kolt Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Says, from TQH Nordiq on Twitter:

"The decision to publish Metro Exodus as a timed Epic Store exclusive was made entirely on Koch Media's side as Metro is their intellectual property. They are a sister company of THQ Nordic (Vienna), which is the reason why we can and will not comment on this matter. We do not want to categorically exclude the possibility of timed exclusives for any of our games in the future, but speaking in the here and now, we definitely want to have the players choose the platform of their liking and make our portfolio available to as many outlets as possible"

AsiJu, Netherwind and lucidus like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Metro Exodus keys are almost not longer present on key sites, prices for the physical copy has gone up with 8€...wow. The ripple effect is noticeable.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm glad THQ Nordic came forward and made a statement about it.

I see defenders of this trying to twist it around to a positive. Saying that Valve only cares about money, and that's why they are upset.
    Sorry, but that defense does not work. Epic only care about money, it's why they are making the majority of the titles available on their "platform" exclusive to it. The publishers/developers using their service... care a great deal about money, it's why they are using it. Because they get a larger portion of the profits.

But, the big issue here, none of these parties are taking the consumer into consideration. As said above, Epic is trying to combat a "monopoly" by creating one. They don't want to compete with STEAM, they want to become STEAM and take it's place. With even more exclusivity then Origin.
    But, consumers already feel iffy about sharing credit card information with new stores/services. And after the Bethesda.net support incident a while back, that's not going to make this any easier.
    And given the parent company of the Epic Store, people are even less willing to give up any such personal information.

Competition is good. Choice is good. Having options is good.
    This move... goes against all of that, and in itself tries to force a monopoly onto consumers. They thought using such a high profile release would be the "smart move", I guess they didn't take into account how much such a move, regardless of the game used, would piss people off.

G*addict, AsiJu, cerebus23 and 2 others like this.
  9. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Interesting situation. All semi-legal/grey sites sites providing cheap steam keys for Metro, switched to EPIC launcher since yesterday.

10. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Not sure how Epic Games having exclusive rights to sell a game only on their store is considered 'competition' if it was competition the game would be still on Steam and people would make up their own minds on where to buy from.

Kolt likes this.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    and its gone! :D

Kolt and Undying like this.
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    [​IMG]

Kolt, Solfaur and Rich_Guy like this.
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    No problem..Metro Exodus-CPY for now..

-Tj- and lucidus like this.
  14. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I wonder how much Epic payed for this, must have been a huge sum of money. The loss of sales is gonna be massive.

15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I've pre-ordered it on a local store from my country paid with credit card, 48 euros, 55 USD. I think it's a box copy not just the key, and I'm thinking the key will work on steam also.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    They confirmed that the box copies will be for EPIC, not Steam..

17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    This really puts players in a pickle. On the one hand you may not want to give Epic any money so you either don't play or pirate it. On the other hand if the game is financial failure we may not see another Metro game.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If it fails, it will fail because of console sales. Steam or not, PC is always a much smaller share. Won't feel bad for them though.

19. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    PC sales only appear to be smaller since Steam doesn't share their sale figures. It's up to the publisher to do so.
    Did you know PC game sales have already surpassed consoles? In general I mean. I forgot where I saw it, but it happened a year or two or three ago maybe.

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'll take your word for it because I generally see Xbox and PS taking the lions share of sales of the big games (shared on reddit or resetera). Maybe PC would've taken a bigger than normal share in Metro's case because it's not a mainstream series but I still believe consoles would be the majority of their sales.

Btw you missed watching no commentary playthroughs on yt :p