1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I needs to see which game singleplayer game is gonna cripple my 970, so far until.now, the only sp game that has fps less than 70-75 is shadow of the tomb raider, although everything is on high ultra and taa
    The only game that i struggle with a bit is bf5, when im getting 75 fps sometimes, something which is totally not acceptable and there is no reason that im getting that tbh, other than it s a newer game with barely any difference graphics wise vs bf1

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I guess you no pushing that 970 hard enough. There is countless games that can bring 970 to their knees. Idk how are you even playing SoTTR on ultra with less than 4gb vram, lol.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    could be running at 640x480 ;p. bet it could push ultra @ that resolution and still hold good fps.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    https://www.resetera.com/threads/metro-exodus-for-pc-skipping-steam-for-epic-games-store.96225/

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-pc-launching-exclusively-on-epic-games-store

So unless I got this wrong Valve splits 30/70, Epic splits 12/88 but larger publishers end up on a more favorable 20/80 with Valve now after changes which I believe Deep Silver would likely fall under.
    (1 million sales or something I think.)

So that's a 8% difference and a pretty big shift in the amount of available customers for the up and coming Epic platform though they might have paid a direct incentive too or who knows really. Still a change though and a pretty unexpected one at that.
    (They just posted system requirements and such via Steam too.)

EDIT: Ah a years exclusivity so February 2020 then.

EDIT: And existing orders will be honored so it's something, guess a mass refund wouldn't be a option though. Strategy itself seems directly anti competitive and I'm not a fan of that.

EDIT: Hmm and not informing Valve of this switch in time? Can't be good.

[​IMG]
    (From: https://www.resetera.com/threads/me...ored-physical-copy-has-steam-key.96225/page-3 )

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  6. Cronik

Cronik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I don't want to use Epics Store. I have 190 games on Steam.

Now they're trying to persuade me to use another store. I already have the Ubi and origin store running in the background.

Whiplashwang likes this.
  7. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    [​IMG]

This is a shitty move from them to go to Epic store.Sucks.
    Now wait for remove denuvo and 25 dollar/euro deal after some patches.

G*addict, fantaskarsef and SerotoNiN like this.
  8. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    I was at first excited about the Epic Games Launcher. Now that I see they are bribing developers and publishers to make games exclusive to Epic's new bare-bones featureless game-client, I've not only decided to avoid the Epics Games client entirely but to boycott it! They aren't even trying to compete with Steam at the consumer level by creating an enticing new feature-filled game client. They are just buying off publishers to alienate the PC gamer and monopolize the PC market as quickly as possible. I agree, Steam better start competing and offering devs better percentages, but these practices by Epic are nothing but slimy and anti-consumer.

-Tj-, BangTail and INSTG8R like this.
  9. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Ah whew. Thanks for the heads up Guru3D. Metro: Exodus just jumped from wishlist to library. Another launcher for 1 game? er no.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    if i were epic id just completely remove metro exodus from steam, give refunds to those who ordered and only host on their own platform.
    It is not unfair for consumers, Valve doesn't care about that. they care about the money they will loose because of this.
    Steam giving private opinions on a game sale page goes too far in my book.
    There are plenty of unfair examples by valve in the past , and now they whiteknight consumers suddenly ?? yeah right!!

Angantyr likes this.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats me out then.

EDIT: Still availlable on Steam to buy, so ive got my order in, before its pulled, which could be anytime now.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
    It's unfortunate but it's still nothing compared to console exclusives. We can still play Epic Store games if we want to, without additional purchases. I'm just saying it could be worse.
    Imo Deep Silver is to blame here, Epic needs to do whatever they can to build their store.

13. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Ordered mine day 0, so I'm all set.

Epic has become the scum of the industry...after EA and Activision of course.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that despite my excitement for it I will not be purchasing this game.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I just pre-ordered mine on Steam. I was pretty hesitant as I realllllly don't want to support this crap.. but I was able to get it on Steam so I did. If it wasn't available on Steam when I went for it (it still is at the time of posting this) then I would have waited until 2020 to play this game as I will NOT install the Epic Game Launcher for any exclusive. Same with Bethesda launcher. Exclusivity needs to die already. I still want to play RE7 on my Vive (officially) but can't.

Again, I am all for competition.. but this is not cool. The way Epic is poaching games that have already been listed on Steam for months is a quick way to piss off the aware pc gaming crowd. Even if it wasn't on Steam before, why not just put it on Epic AND Steam and offer true competition? I'm definitely not a fan of Epic and am probably going to just boycott anything coming from that direction.

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Yo, fanboys. Get a life. Don't lick Gabe Newell's balls all day long. I will install everything needed, I won't cry, because I already use epic installer game launcher.

17. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    "Epic, epic, epic"

Why is everyone blaming Epic for the decision of developers? Epic isn't putting a gun to anyone's head and saying they have to join their digital store. Be mad at developers, greedy ones like this, that claim "savings can go to the consumer"...which never will. Game prices have yet to decrease even when made digitally. No disc = savings. No manual or case = savings, no physical distribution or % to brick and mortar = savings, Price? still $59.99 from all devs.

I don't blame Epic. This is what they do. They're a company currently modeled to take on trends, such as creating game engines. Valve has been greedy and garbage for a while. Ironically Gabe, the same guy that cried about the MS Store and others holding them down, essentially, held down everyone else. Valve is too big. Competition is needed. Someone needs to blink. No Epic forcing heat on Valve, no blinking will occur.

Never be upset when someone comes in and shakes things up. Eventually savings might trickle out to us. Even if they don't, so the frack what, you have to click an icon, oh my God!

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Probably because epic is making these guys agree to be "exclusive" to their store. I mean why would you limit yourself to one store with a smaller customer use base and a meager 10% more profit per sale?

Sure these companies agree to these terms noone is putting a gun to their head, but people like the platforms they used to, on top of steams tools and chat and refunds. So those two factors insure that some will not install any more clients or juggle any more logins.

Unless more games pull this garbage for the oh so massive 10% more per sale. Will it be enough to hurt their bottom line wo that steam base?

Either way i just pulled the trigger on a steam purchase, wanted to wait for reviews, but this grudingly forced my hand because i rather keep my games on steam, and i do have a epic account for that free subnautica beyond that i spend zero time on it. My games are steam.

INSTG8R, Whiplashwang and Kolt like this.
  19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Personally i dont care about launchers , i have like 5 or 6 , but i also have software like office and photoshop installed amongs tons of other programs.
    i couldnt live without this comfort. i know some people want to keep their pc as clean as possible , but for me that always has been a hardware limitation in the past (out of resources).

And i do like epic tbh, i love how they promote their engine with tutorials and things. its actually bringing something to the table, other publishers havent done so far.

warlord likes this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I am, at 1080p my friend yes and still getting that fps