1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Go watch their pre-release trailers for 2033 and LL. They do use scripting, but the visuals are always close to final or better.

This was scripted no doubt being an E3 reveal and i dont blame them since this was the first the worlds seen of this game.

When was the last time 4A was ever accused of downgrading? Never as far as im aware, besides the Redux changes.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Is there a release date? I read the e3 demo was running on PC. So it's good to see it's coded well for us....hopefully.

4. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Oh yes! More Metro, more insanely atmospheric post-apocalyptic action!

Not sure how I feel about the open world though... hope they get it right because then it could be great, exploring the dead world.

Just need to tie the narrative to the gameplay. Kind of like Rage I think, would work.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    I'm not sure but I actually think Last Light toned the graphics down a bit. The original 2033 game was graphically ahead of its time, just like Crysis was. Back then it made GPU's squeal in agony.

Atmosphere needs a double checking for Stalker/Metro games :nerd:

7. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That's Oles Shishkovtsov craftsmanship, who is also founder of 4A Games. He also created X-Ray engine for Stalker.

https://developer.nvidia.com/gpugems/GPUGems2/gpugems2_chapter09.html

8. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Metro key developers and founders are also the key people behind Stalker. So open-world is nothing new for them.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So hyped for this, cant wait! Open world can work, remember people being sceptical about Witcher 3 going open world and that turned out awesome!

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb

11. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Thats cool, either way really looking forward to it!

12. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    This is game called Metro, and Metros are not opened.

I expect some bigger maps in between.

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Well looks like this will be Metro/Stalker combination. Prokhorov who was lead designer behind Stalker SoC confirms it.

14. Nosein

Nosein Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 580
    Make sure to buy this on release and not get stuck with the Redux downgrade Extreme Bloom versions.

I decided to do a replay of the originals, but as i own both the original and redux versions, i thought id look up some comparisons as to which i should play.

Look at how bad the hand and gun models look (@ 3:31) in the Redux version of 2033!!! What the hell happened and then theres the doctor @2:07. Physx effects are also reduced in the redux version iirc.

For all it gets right in the Redux, those hand/gun models and extreme bloom ruin it for me.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  15. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x970,Gsync,3DVsn2
    TBH Metro games was an amazing exp for me due to 3D Vision, playing in 3D you don't see anything bad as you say and you really enjoy it's fantastic immersion.
    But ofc I won't preload..I will just wait and see, if it can't support (even with community fix) 3D vision it will be a bummer for me.

16. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    yeah i remember running metro last light on my weak low end GT 220 1gb ddr3, but the problem was my cpu back then which was core2duo e8400.

17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Your problem was that GT 220.
    I have played with the same CPU overclocked to 4.1ghz and HD 5850, and it worked great.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    well yeah i really like my e8400 at the time, it used to run many games nicely although it was 4 to 5 years old even then.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    And CPUs too, it was one of those games (like Crysis) that could eat up anything you throw at it.

I upgraded from Core 2 Duo to Core i5 while initially keeping the same GPU, GTX 560 Ti 448 core, at the time.

I couldn't believe the insane performance boost I got by just the CPU upgrade. Later on got the R9 290 and even better.

Though it was only until I got the 980 Ti that I could run Metro @ 1080p maxed out (Very High and DX11 Tessellation and Advanced DoF on).

Also looping the benchmark was, and is, a very good stress test for system :nerd:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  20. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 2080 AMP
    That gameplay is all scripted.