Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    You sure you didn't have the gas mask on? :)

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah im sure, ive just fired it up to check there, and when i put the mask on, the time starts at about 5 minutes, and starts counting down as usual, then when i took it off, the time was 04:49 am (as id not long got up from a kip to go to night), then every 2 seconds, the minutes were changing 04:50, 04:51....... well weird, the rate its going, its hardly going to be dark :D

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Dropping some oc did the trick. Makes me concerned about my gpu degrading over time gonna need to do some benchmarks i guess.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    No dont worry about it. Metro is really sensitive to overclocking i remember i also had some weird anomalies and textures if gpu pushed hard.

XenthorX and Dragam1337 like this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Yeah, what @Undying said. It's the only game where i need to lower OC - dont even need to do it in cyberpunk :)

XenthorX and Undying like this.
  6. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War- Would be another game where you would have to lower GPU Overclock to prevent crashes. Anything over +30 on core with a few RTX 3080 cards would crash CODBO on certain parts of the game which was repeatable for me.

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Interesting - i didn't have any issues with my standard OC in cold war :)

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    While playing the enhanced edition, i've been thinking that it looks decidedly worse and more outdated than i remember... especially texture work and fine details... very low quality. Then i started looking back and forth between vanilla and enhanced edition... and fine detail and textures ARE lower quality in the enhanced edition compared to vanilla ! That along with the fact that the game is more brightly lit in the enhanced edition, makes you notice these low quality details more.

The ironic part is that imo lighting was probably one of the strongest parts of the vanilla game, and perhaps the part in least need of being "upgraded". But it's ofc alot more work to upgrade all the textures etc.

Even on the freggin start screen it is noticable

Vanilla

[​IMG]

Enhanced

[​IMG]

It's noticable on everything really, but especially the yellow metal beam to the right.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    The whole new released edition is for a. better performance, b. smoothness and c. RT different approach. ALL other aspects ARE degraded to achieve those three goals. I would never dare to call it enhanced if I was a dev at the team. I would just add/remove some settings/features here and there.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  10. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    I bet you said the same thing about the Redux versions of Metro. At least 4A is continually adapting their games to use new technology. Some of their old effects might have simply been inefficient as was the case with Metro and Metro Redux. From my first few minutes of the enhanced edition, I think it looks and runs miles better than the original version - mainly due to DLSS 2.x.

When older games have RT "shoved in" you quickly see how much fudging artists have to do to make non-RT games look "realistic." That includes showing off lower quality assets in the best light - no pun intended.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    I dont care how much work the devs have to put in - i care about the final product, and it has clearly been degraded in several ways with this "enhanced" edition.

Witcher29 likes this.
  12. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    What ways? Some corners aren't as dark as you like?

13. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 HOF
    I love what they've done to the game. More I play, more I appreciate the enhanced lighting. It's a pure eye-candy for graphic whores. HDR10 complements its enhanced RT lighting so well that it looks unreal.

Here's another comparison video which I don't think it's been posted.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Will give this another shot later, maybe.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Lets be fair here, a graphics card operating in a stable state doesn't crash in a way that is "clock sensitive", some games are just better able to expose bad vendor (and driver timing) tuning than others.

I do not buy anything with an OC for that reason, gpu's are too expensive to be procreating around with vendors who trick customers into clockspeeds they don't even need and won't even measure outside of 3dmark.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    He has obviously manually overclocked it, as have i.

Undying likes this.
  17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Another case of being blind and unable to read. Go troll someone else.

18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Some textures are looking worse then before it looks kinda blurry aswell.

Shataan and Dragam1337 like this.
  19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just done the bit where you find Katya and Astya, the lighting coming through the windows looks superb, and i still can't believe how well its running, belting along it is! :D

Archvile82 and AsiJu like this.
  20. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    It's become quite the edgy/ hipster thing to say that a remake/ remaster looks worse than the original. People should point out why something looks worse. Are the textures actually worse, or did the new, more accurate lighting model simply shine a light on them?

Unless 4A re-did their AA solution, it should not look more blurry. The DLSS implementation is much better than the original. All I'm saying it point to reasons why you say something looks worse.

Try and find some videos on YouTube of a game dev making their game in the engine editor, all the assets look like their from a PS2 game until they are lit aesthetically by the artists.