Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    It s good this game getting some life back into it, new people buying it, i enjoyed it but i enjoyed metro last light more for some reason, can t really tell,still a great campaign

2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Even the older ones have simplistic menus...

3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Badly optimized but still the 970 could manage a 45-55 fps , but yeah i guess could have been a lot more

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    As I said, possibly remembering wrong as it had been a long time since I'd played them.
    But, I do remember being surprised at how well they ran despite their visuals.

Exodus looks amazing, but does not run as well you'd expect for a 4A Games title.

ramthegamer likes this.
  6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Bought this game yesterday. Running everything maxed with RTX on and I am mind blown and how good this looks, runs smooth for me too (but I do have a powerful rig, so maybe not the norm). Very impressive and so far the story is great.

Glad it came to steam.

Kolt likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Speaking of this game, i wanna mention something about the developper THQ and 4A games, back in 2007 and 2008 i had a really bad low end rig
    A core2duo@3.0
    Gt220 1gbddr3
    4gb of ram
    I remember a lot that all of the thq developped games ran really bad or required a much much better graphic card for some reason, but most of the THQ games were quality games on all fronts,it s only when i bought a gtx 750 ti that i felt that i can play most games at the time with not many issues

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Fixed.

xD

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    haha missed the offer, I guess I'll wait until the next sale to get that. Or longer if they don't offer the discount anymore. After all, I played the original Metro for €2.50 anyway.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Nooo :D I also missed the opportunity to buy the DLC but it's OK, I don't have any plans on playing Metro right now anyway since I have Wolcen, RDR2 and later Doom to look forward to. Honesly I hope to have a 3080Ti before I start playing Metro to enjoy the RTX goodness (or AMDs equivalent).

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Not that I'd be playing Wolcen or RDR2 or Doom, but yeah, none of those Metro games is essentially new, waiting for a bit longer won't interfere with my plans to play whatever else I still have to finish :D
    And there's always the next sale on steam...

Netherwind likes this.
  12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    That's true. Looks like you're a guy with patience :) I'm not that good at it but I'm doing better.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Ok, so I got Sams story DLC. I noticed that it didn`t look anywhere near as good as Exodus, using all the same settings. Looked dull. Visual effects seemed missing. Stuff like smoke in the enviros. Cigarettes etc,. No falling leaves, the list goes on. Lighting seemed off. Textures were dull. I decided to delete my Exodus .cfg. And Cloud Save games etc. Removed/unticked Cloud Saves. Unchecked Tessellation. Rechecked that and reloaded them. Unchecked DX 12 to 11. And the reloaded DX 12 etc. Restarted Sams Story from the beginning.... and bam. The game now looks alot more visually like Metro Exodus. Enviro visual effects are back. Odd that I had to do these things to get Sams Story looking better. Anyone else had this issue?

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I think i'm bugged. I'm at the level where you return to the sub near the end I think. The sub is being attacked. My electronic items won't work. The charger won't charge and I can't see to progress anywhere. If anyone has a save at that point that isn't bugged I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

15. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Did this ever get DLSS 2.0?

16. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    This is by far the most impressive looking RTX game I've seen, really glad I waited for the Steam release with all the optimisations from patches over the year, avg 60+FPS. Only thing I can recommend is turning off motion blur entirely in the cfg and upping the FOV to 70 while you're there. Much better imo, unless motion blur is your jam, I ain't judging. ;)

17. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 SUPER
    i dont know what is DLSS 2.0, but the quality got improved a lot, just like BF5, Control and Anthem.

18. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Completed Sams story. Very cool. Worth the price of admission. Hoping the do another DLC like this. Its not as open world as Exodus, but not bad.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    It can't be put into the previous titles that have DLSS 1.0

DLSS 2.0

20. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Can't they just patch out DLSS 1.0?