Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Does anyone know if it'd work if I have the base game on Epic but buy the DLCs on Steam? Or do they have to be on the same platform?

Only asking as I have some funds in my Steam wallet.

2. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    No it won't work.

3. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    season pass is £14.99 atm and i have some steam credit left, Is the DLC worth grabbing?

4. umeng2002

umeng2002 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
    DLC is totally worth it.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I'm about 3 hours into it, really liking it.
    Though, it took some fiddling with settings to get a solid, smooth frame rate. DX12... (surprise, surprise) stutters, so DX11, Motion Blur off... few other settings... seems to be running smooth.

Disappointed that this seems like the poorest optimized Metro game in the series. Also, featuring the simplest graphics options menu. Unless I'm mis-remembering the past titles options. Which is possible.
    It's been a long time since I've played them.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Finally..

Bought std edition for now, last time I played xxx version and it ran ok in dx12, but it was a bit unstable, didn't patch or play it since. Was waiting for steam version :)

Edit:
    @ Extreme dx12 it can have slight stutter, it's ok @ultra, rest enabled incl physx stuff, blur low.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  7. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Pre-ordering games is stupid. I got this on pre-order on Steam before it went to Epic exclusivity for a year. The game had issues when it came out, as most new games do these days. It took months and patches to get it to what I'd call a finished state. It's now been a year and they're finally done "actively" developing the game and/or additional content. The game's now back on Steam and it's patched and content complete. It's also much cheaper.

Sometimes I wonder why I pre-order games. Waiting an extra year usually means you'll get the optimal experience.

I write all this after having pre-ordered Cyberpunk 2077, DOOM Eternal, and Vampire: Bloodlines 2. At least they're delayed so they can be in a better state upon release. I expect even those games will be better a year later after multiple patches and additional downloadable content.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I've pre-purchased DOOM Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077. :) Because they are titles from two studios I trust given their history.
    Bloodlines 2... I'm really excited for, but, very cautious about it because the footage we've seen looks really, really, really rough.

9. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    Oh fun - have been waiting and just bought it, thanks!

10. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    It was pre-alpha. Should be expected.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Past titles had pretty simplistic menus too.

However 2033 showed an extensive list what settings the presets actually change and how. You still couldn't change them manually.

IIRC 2033 had only quality preset, resolution, MSAA as options (and DoF and Tessellation under DX11 options if used).

Last Light at least gave you shadow quality and some extra options alongside the quality preset.
    Exodus seems to be the same.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Bought the game for 23€, what a steal. Thinking if I should get the Expansion Pass now or wait until I've completed the main game.

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Still not sure if I should buy this or wait for true budget price for that game. Although the 2033 Redux / Last Light Redux / Metro + Season Pass pack for 50€ seemed like a fair price.

14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Well doom eternal isn t delayed, coming march 20

15. angelgraves13

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Did you forget it was delayed from its November release date last year?

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    That's a LOT of good entertainment for 10€ less than a AAA game price. Just do it man :)

17. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well if you're looking at the playtime, between 30 and 50 hours, now it seems like it gets into a good bang for the buck zone.
    I'm just not sure if I should support the machinery behind it all, EGS deal, already having gotten paid, still charging 40 quid for a game even though it's a year old...

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    it s weird that there is no deal for metro exodus on cdkeys website, one of the very few games that are not there... COD MW is the other one

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I get the thing with EGS but for me, the discount was the tipping point. I would also have hesitated at buying it off Steam and instead looked at key sites it if was at 40€.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Controls are still a bit weird, sometimes they work, sometimes not.. or is this a dx12 thing?