1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    No I'm not using SLI. You probably don't notice the hitch because you have shader cache turned on. With shader cache turned on, the effect only happens once after encountering an entity with HW enabled. After that, the compiled shader is saved to disk and so the effect is greatly diminished or outright negated.

2. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I reported the following issues:

1. Hairworks still causes a hitch.
    2. Valve semi automatic 15-round upgrade is missing in both The Caspian and Taiga.
    3. Suit upgrades are lost when starting The Caspian and Taiga.

3. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I emailed 4A Games a request for 3rd DLC. In The Taiga you play as Olga who tries find a girl named Luda who left with several guys in search of better life. Both Olga and Admiral talked about her.

Anyone who likes the franchise feel free to file a similar request.

4. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Just finished the DLC in a little over 2 hours and explored as much as I could,with sitting down and talking to the characters as long as permitted in game trying to stretch out the story.
    Much like the actual game real slow and boring first mission but nice graphics with RTX maxed,then the DLC picked up after that and was OK with some very nice RTX visuals going on.

Still hate the scenes where the game does not let you fight and does everything for you and takes all the fun out of the actual game. Expansion pack gotta be better.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...screenshots-trailers-ray-traced-blockbusters/

https://images.nvidia.com/geforce-c...ing-interactive-comparison-001-on-vs-off.html
    Though this is probably a on/off comparison and not a on/on+point lights comparison so just seeing the added feature here isn't possible.

Interesting and some of the other example games also showcase RTX effects but I wasn't aware Metro Exodus added a new feature even though it's only used for the DLC part.

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks for the links.I did not know there was New Ray Traced Effect but I did notice the RTX looked good.
    Upload the full DLC to youtube Maxed out.Maybe I will do same runs with RTX off and see if I can notice a difference on youtube .

7. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    does the benchmark hitch when the deer appears ? (w/hw on)

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just had another patch 150MB+, can't find anything on it though, at the mo.

9. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    On extremme 1080p the best I can get with my Gtx 980 oc close to 1500mhz is 30 fps wow this game is Another Gpu crusher just like the previous metros! Wish I had some better hardware lol.

10. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I played the 1st 2 Metros. Liked the games but not a fan of anything too close in/onrails. REALLY love Metro Exodus for the freedom of movement in the levels to explore etc. Replaying for my 7th go through. I may get The 2 Colonels. Have noticed some small fixes here n there of late since my 1st play throughs.. My lazer sights effects looks alot better now/more convincing. And when someone at distances is sighting in on me, I now see their lazers effect as they are painting me . Very cool.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I love setting the nappies on fire with the Tikhars Incendiary Ammo, as they start breakdancing :D

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Anyone managed to get into that bandit camp in The Caspian, behind the cave where you get into the lighthouse, by the water ?

Its bloody solid, ive managed to take out the 2x on the platforms up on the rocks, but when i start getting nearer, they start shouting at me to stop, and to po, then when i get even nearer, they just start lobbing grenades onto me, and killing me instantly, i can't even run away, as the grenades just land on my head every time, its bloody mental :D

Im wondering if its the place you have to get into with Damir, via another way. :p

13. nonymous666

nonymous666 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
    If you mean that camp at the far top-left of the map, you can't get into there. You'll find out why later.

Rich_Guy likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Downloaded this from the Win10 Game Pass.
    So... anyway to get past the intro videos?

Also, I get the game is most likely recompiling the shaders... but every time you change a video setting, that takes some time to apply.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i think its the top left one, thanks, i can stop trying now then :p

I never came across it on my first run through :D

If you press any keys, or click your mouse buttons (like i do :p), it'll come up, Press 'E' To Skip on them :)

If i change any video settings, it changes almost instantly.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Do you have it from the Win10 store?
    Because I've read that a lot of people are running into issues with that release.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    No, ive got it on Steam.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    There ya go. :)

Seems there have been some issues with Win10 version.
    From performance, loading, saving... the UWP port feels rather rushed.

But, playing it for basically free on the Game Pass... works until it comes to Steam. Then I'll buy it there.

19. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Why does the DLC look worse than the base game? I see shadow striping everywhere since they lowered shadow map resolution.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i read about it having problems when it launched on there.