1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    This article sums it all up. The release on Epic was a success. Most likely the release on the MS store is due to a clause of the exclusivity deal in terms of sales. Reach a certain point in sales and the agreement naturally comes to an end before the time runs out.

https://wccftech.com/epic-games-store-metro-exodus/

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    That cow has probably died of dehydration... funny any way :p

cerebus23 and lucidus like this.
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    So I just got Metro Exodus from the Windows Store (with Game Pass). I have a problem, though. It resets the resolution to what seems to be 1920x1080 and disables DLSS when I start the game. The game still says it's set to 3840x2160, but the actual resolution is really low. If I change the resolution and back, it usually fixes itself until I exit the game. Is that a known issue with the game itself or is it limited to the Windows Store version? Any idea how to fix it?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  4. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    Don't know if this is an error or not because i don't see it in the actual release notes for GeForce Game Ready driver 431.60 but it's posted in the nvidia forums..

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...lay-driver-feedback-thread-released-7-23-19-/

"Our latest GeForce Game Ready driver 431.60 delivers day-one support for our new GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER graphics card, as well as support for Wolfenstein: Youngblood, Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot, Madden NFL 20, the first DLC for Metro Exodus, and new G-SYNC Compatible gaming monitors:

DLC for Metro Exodus must be out soon

Maddness likes this.

5. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti G1 GAMING OC
    Waiting !
    [​IMG]

Maddness likes this.
  6. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    I think I will give this game another go when I get back home. I played it when it came out; hopefully the fixes and improvements since then make it run better. :D

7. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Ok, when are these DLCs actually available for d/l?

8. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    This game is One giant cutscene what in the world is this??!! More then half the game with the cheesey ass story telling I've never seen anything this bad honestly. Game looks amazing and all but u play 2 min then 10 min storytelling. If they continue this way iam done with the Metro series you can keep it.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    That wasnt my main complaint about it, but rather the crappy mutant enemy types that sprout all over your path as you move towards your destination and with so little ammo to deal with them. I set the game aside before even reaching the desert area. I will reserve judgment until I finish it one of these days. But impressions so far is that its very unpolished. Whatever, I refuse to be a sheep and yell 'awesome game' just because others do.

10. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    Oh damn, those weren't my main complains about them. I didn't mind the cut-scenes, but there were some with just too much needless babbles.

I played the game on the hardest difficulty and never had an issue with ammo. I also explored enough to refill my ammo and get crafting materials. If you jump from mission to mission only, I can see ammo being an issue though.

Maddness likes this.
  11. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    I like their story telling style. But as for needless babbles.... I really think once you`ve heard/read the stuff Artyom writes in his journal before each mission, with each consecutive play after we don`t need to be forced to go through that again and again. 1nce is enough. ;p And waiting to press the E key does not cut it imho. Other than that.... it`s all good for me.

12. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti G1 GAMING OC
    Filters and First aid is what I looked for in Ranger Hardcore, knives and arrows are golden , loved Exodus , no complaints.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The first half of the game was tough to handle but as I posted way back in this thread the game grew on me.
    I have no desire to replay it or play any other Metro game,not even sure about the DLC if/when released.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    guess depends what the dlc adds metro was "the end" they going back or they going forward with the dlcs?

i got the steam version anyway so we will not have to worry about dlc for what another 6 months or so?