1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    glad your are enjoying your decision. ;0)

Undying likes this.
  2. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Whats up with the stuttering and the screen tearing a little bit ?
    Nice video tho, if i were u put vsync on, for a more stable fps :)

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Issue is with my streaming setup actually. If framerate drops rely far from 60 frame per second. OBS makes the stream stutter this way.

Still, think i find a couple optimization for that, and managed to get my Stats (gpu/cpu) to show up on stream. :

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I also play with the highest settings. But not 4K. Impossible to get fluid frame rate at 4K without DLSS. I prefer 2560x1440 without DLSS. I think it looks better.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I'm happily surprised by DLSS, as someone who's used to play games at native 4K by now, Metro Exodus doesn't feel like an upscaled game during gameplay.

6. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
  7. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    Metro crashing right at startup for anyone else using Win 10 1903? Did a fresh os install and still bugtrap is triggered and then not able to even shutdown. Need to hold the power button down to shut the whole system down. Using Nvidia driver version 419.67. Does not matter even if launching the game through the storefront or without it.

EDIT: From what I have been able to read, looks like Ansel may be the problem. Going to install the newest driver and then go from there. If Ansel is the issue, Nvidia has had ample time to address it.

EDIT 2: Turns out it was how Ansel was treated in the earlier driver (419.67) the newest driver 430.64 addressed it and all it well again.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    To be honest, there'll be no good answer, the anti Epic circle jerk has been going on since november and ain't stopping unless Epic stop exclusive deals. They can say whatever they want, if it's positive toward Epic, the dev will be publicly shamed as bought by Epic and biased, if it's negative they're just putting oil on the fire and it gets even worse for them, the store, and the whole Epic eco system.

Unless things go back to where they were, that Steam remains the only relevant game stores for non-EA, non-Blizzard, non-Ubisoft games, that Indie devs have to release on steam to be noticed and be relevant, and cope with salaries below minimum wage, job insecurity, insane level of stress and hours.
    ./rant

From the Youtube video: "in 2013, metro last light, niche title, PC gaming was much smaller"

Metro last light was already the 2nd game of the serie, first one being in freaking 2005. And the growth of PC gaming from 2013 to 2019 is ridiculus compared to other market like mobiles, which actually grew. (21k Millions$ 2013 to 31K millions $ in 2019), market growth to put even into perspective of the genra of FPS games, which aren't really a new market segment at all.

To compare the fact they're not giving sales figure to Spiderman 2018 devs giving them (literally one of the top 3 most sold game of the entire year) is really looking for drama. No ones gives sells figure unless they're top 10 or really really small indie studio.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    Archvile82 likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if you want to put to bed how well the game sold or not there is a very easy way to do that.

they do not that implies they MAYBE hiding something else WHY NOT RELEASE?

I can think of a damn good reason why they do not want those numbers released is because they suck. They still buying up titles and they do not want to tell them hey your games going to be more pirated then purchased using our service. your sales here and in the future will be toasted if your games not the best game of the year type stuff maybe.

So yea them sitting on those numbers at lest implies they not great if they not downright abysmal. maybe they wholly mediocre even but the longer they keep those numbers secret while talking smack in public? common.

lucidus likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    the only reason they would have to release the numbers is to please Epic trolls. how many games gets released every year, how many give sells figure? this is absurd from start to end.

Archvile82 likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if they want to publically brag about how well their platform is selling then why should we not demand transparency?

i can claim to be the king of gaming that does not make it true any more then we need to just take them at their word and call it a day.

that is equally ridicilous they claim something is fact show us the numbers. simple as that.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Personally, I think it's hilarious.

THQ's CEO already put it out there, that they were disappointed by Exodus' sales on PC and Epic. But, had to backtrack it most likely because of the current contract with Epic.

It's why I agree with the guys behind Prodeus, and other similar projects.
    You want your game in the hands of as many people as possible, as quickly as possible... exclusivity... limiting your audience... is a bad move. No matter what the up front reward is.

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    del pls

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The guy say he won't comment on Epic sale: interpreted as, "oh he has something to hide, it MUST be terrible"
    The guy end up releasing a comment: "Oh he backtracked!" "Oh Epic must have bought the comment" or "He HAS to be constrained to say this by Epic contract!"

Come on, this is paranoia/complotism

Facts are, according to statement, it sold less on PC than each consoles respecticely. But Earned more money in total from PC.
    Meaning Epic Games lower cut on sales is working as expected, making developers cover their margins more easily.

Archvile82, Carfax and D3M1G0D like this.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Can't believe people are still bashing EGS over Metro Exodus. EGS is shaping up to be one of the best game stores on the market, offering both free games and former console exclusives that would never had made it to PC otherwise.

A full on street battle between EGS and Steam will be beneficial for the consumer and PC gaming in the long run, I have no doubt. If Gears 5 makes it to EGS, I will definitely be buying it there rather than from the Microsoft Store.

Archvile82 and XenthorX like this.
  17. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I don't like EGS exclusivity either but I can't blame Epic for being aggressive. They've seen how hard it was for Uplay and Origin to make a dent on Steam and figured they need more aggressive methods.
    Customers have opted for Steam even for a game like The Witcher 3 instead of GoG, despite GoG being DRM free

As for the various game companies themselves, it must be appealing to get cash up front. And the way they see it, if they sell a game for 60 USD on Epic instead of Steam, they'll get 52,8 USD instead of 42 USD for each copy.

Archvile82, XenthorX and pharma like this.
  18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    or what seems to be mostly happening they going to uplay and getting the games there vs use epic. that is a even bigger win for ubisoft.

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    For what it is worth, did not see this mentioned anywhere except in the Steam Forums. For those that do not like the most current Nvidia driver 430.64, Metro will crash upon launch because of Ansel. All one needs to do is disable Ansel and even the once prone DX12 crashes will disappear. Disabling Asel: (for me) C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Ansel\Tools\NvCameraConfiguration

Launch that application and at the very bottom of the popup that appears, select disable and then save. Now any pre-430.64 driver with Ansel ability can be used.

pharma, XenthorX and anxious_f0x like this.
  20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Thanks for the heads up :)

XenthorX likes this.