1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metro Exodus

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 11, 2017.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I didn't have any real perf. impact because of hairworks, tested it in that benchmark part with those furry animals and on/off basically irrelevant, only lower character detail without it. So im keeping it enabled.

I lowered shader detail to ultra instead of max and that seems to be the best balance visual/perf., I think I saw that hardware unboxed perf. review and set accordingly with a bit higher settings here and there@ 1080p.

2. hookface

hookface New Member

GPU:
    This game is way too dark on my computer, even with gamma at max. I've tried changing various config settings including "r_gamma", the exposure settings, disabling DLSS etc. but nothing works. Even with my monitor at max brightness/contrast, it still looks very dark.

@Rich_Guy Your screenshots on page 66 of this thread look a lot brighter than mine. Can you upload your config file settings please and I'll try those?

For comparison, here is what mine looks like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    I think i had read here that R9 380 cant play this game...
    Well DX12 - High settings the game is very smooth and playable in R9 380. (you dont need 2080 TI turbocharger to play the latest games.) rant off.

Anyway

-

Im stuck on the second bear fight....is this a bug or something...i cant find the spot for the bear to fall.
    HELP.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Depends what you consider playable. I saw your Division 2 video that you called playable and to be honest its really not :p

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    It was smooth on my system, the recording files ware messed up back then...(thats why i delete all of them, since the recording files were stuttering)

But Metro is way smoother than division when i play in dx12...:)

6. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970
    Sorry what is the scene played it over a month period little foggy on which bear.?

7. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I beat the game... what a treat. The last area was definitely my favorite although it was a lot more linear. It really was a true Metro experience though.. and that ending.... the feels.

Only game where RTX was truly amazing and used the entire time. I ended up using DLSS for most of it as well, as it really worked well for the game and only had very minor texture quality loss, yet it stabilized my FPS a lot.

cerebus23 and AsiJu like this.
  8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    Could be monitor brightness, as all i done was drop the Gamma slider by 1.

9. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX GTX 1070
    That second bear fight is tricky; you just need to beat the bear by shooting it senselessly and then it will cut to a cut-scene where the bear falls off. You can't purposely push the bear off (as far as I know). When I played it, I found a bug where you could just stand any piece of rock sticking out the cliff's side, that fucks up with the AI and the bear just stands there, and I unloaded everything I had on him.

Try playing around with borderless window/full screen if on DX11. I had the exact same issue with DX11, everything is fine with DX12.

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Man, the Caspian desert area has a massive framerate hit! I have been going through the game at 1440p extreme settings with no issues and getting good performance, until I came to this area. Now my framerate can drop down in the high 30s! :eek:

I did some research and found out that the cause is due to all the foliage shadows, so I edited the cfg file to disable AO on the foliage, and that increased my framerate by a tremendous margin. Now it's definitely playable again.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapp. RX Vega 64 LC
    Yeah i gained about 10+ frames by disabling the foliage shadows, i got anywhere from 50/60 odd, on High settings at 3440x1440, i was on Ultra, but noticed no diff when dropping to High, from what i could see anyway. :)

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Finished the game, so good!!! I had a long time since i enjoyed a game and finished the story!

Perfomance wise, you dont need a 1000$ GPU to play and enjoy it, thats a tip for the people out there.

Cheers.

pharma and Kolt like this.
  13. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    OK I am just asking ,why did you say twice on this page that you do not need a thousand dollar GPU to enjoy this game.Why I played the game on two different thousand dollar GPU's and the game worked fine.
    I do have fifty dollar GPU I may try the game on and I bet it will be enjoyable.

Anyway I did like the game ,took a little bit to get into it and the game finished strong.I liked the game.
    I did try to play the game + mode several times with the awesome patch additions but I could never play it for more than one hour at a time.Guess I need a bottle of vodka and just sit down and finish the game+ mode.

If you want to know,use NVIDIA Freestyle Customize Your Game’s Appearance In Real-Time.

EG: Metro Exodus change game settings with Nvidia filters.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    Hey :)

I said it because some people (not all) in general...think that they need the latest and greatest GPU to play/enjoy a game, Metro Exodus for example.

Especially DX12 that works nice on Metro in my system at least, everything is smooth. (40+ FPS - i5 750 / R9 380 - always on latest drivers)

Kolt likes this.
  15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Knowing how my 3930k and rx580/1500mhz having a hard time with the game i still dont believe you, hehe :D

Unrelated but here is how 380 stand vs 960 in 2019 (spoiler 380 beating the crap out of 960)

XenthorX and LocoDiceGR like this.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 380 4G
    @Undying Hehe, so on the video 380 on metro , the graph shows 25-30 fps in Ultra Quality.

Imagine that in Medium-High/DX12/Filters OFF.

40+ sounds logical.

Undying likes this.
  17. michael_d

michael_d Active Member

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
  18. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I got to a point where I left the boat, climbed some roof and had mutated creatures attack me. Maybe an hour or two into the game. Does it get any better? It's really bored me and I haven't touched it since, but I've read "it gets better", I just want to know if I'm where it should be better and it's just not for me, or keep pushing through?

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    game ran fine on my 960 even put a video up yes it runs on a 960, and looks great to boot.

Kolt likes this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    GOD Just played 1H30, i love this game so much ! First time i play a game of the metro serie, but the atmosphere, gunplay, are incredible !

edit - gonna stream my gameplay if anyone interested, playing maxed out with ray tracing hairworks etc etc at 4K:

note - There's some frame loss when framerate dive below 60fps

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    pharma, Kolt, cerebus23 and 1 other person like this.