Metro Exodus PC System Requirements

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 26, 2019.

1. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    In case you didn't notice, their 4 setups did not only increase the resolution, but also the graphics preset, which will absolutely increase the CPU requirements.

2. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    That's "easily exceeding" 4K@60 with DLSS, however will be interesting to see 2080Ti reviews regarding RT performance with and without DLSS.

3. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    We've never seen a game require an i9 before. I'd be interested to see if it really needs that and what is being done to justify a i9 for just 60fps. Something tells me that my 9600k at 4.9ghz is going to do just fine just like every other game and I most likely will be running it maxed at 4k with my 2080ti.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    They should've put Radeon VII next to that 2080ti in extreme settings, card will be out when game releases.

airbud7 likes this.

5. Nyralim

Nyralim Member

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    My i7 4790K paired with Sapphire RX 590 SE will run this at Ultra settings, without problems, 1080p/60 fps. These "system requirements" are marketing hype.

6. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    yes, but maybe you should run it first :)

7. Nyralim

Nyralim Member

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    Will do! :) It will run buttery smooth IF it is well optimized and doesn't need any dozen of patches.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Just like the previous Metro games this will require a power house to run :D I didn't expect anything less but I'm also sad that my computer is so outdated and that I don't have the money to buy a 9900K and a 2080Ti :)

I think I should go back to 2560x1440 at some point cause that's the only thing my poor 1080Ti will manage to run in a few months time.

9. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    I wouldn't jump to any conclusions. I highly suspect these system requirements are over-exaggerated. However, It's unrealistic to expect a 1080ti to do 60fps at 4k on AAA titles. Sometimes it does but usually can't. 2080ti is what you would need. I suggest trying to make a custom resolution of 3200x1800 for your games. That's what I did when I was on a 1080ti and a 4k screen and it worked pretty nicely. Not as good as native 4k but much better than 1440p.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Wait, I don't mainly play at 4K, my display is 3440x1440p. And no, I don't expect a 1080Ti to do 4K at all :) I do play some games on my 4K TV (like AC:Odyssey) but I'm well aware that I have to turn down quite a lot of things. For example, I skipped playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on my TV since I'd have to run the game at Low settings to be able to have 60fps which I require when playing on the TV.

11. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Why? These cards aren't equal in performance.
    My bad. I assumed you were talking 3840x2160. Sorry about that.

12. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    I think the "minimum" only refers to the 30 fps. So I think it is maxed out settings and the names only refer to the resolution-fps duo. So yes, if a 1070 is required for a FHD 60 fps, then a 580/1060 should be around med-high for 60 fps.

13. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    I think it's more along the lines of this game has the most advanced game graphics to date and like previous metro games, it's going to run like crap on anything older than a few years old. I want developers to push hardware to its limit like they used to. Otherwise graphics will stagnate. The last thing i want is for them to rename "medium" to "ultra" and call it a day.

*sigh*

You must be new to PC gaming. See... prior to 2013 almost every PC game had countless graphical features that would turn on as the overall graphics setting was increased. Shadows, lighting, particle effects, volumetric effects, occlusion, etc had different levels of quality that were adjustable so the player could find an FPS sweet spot for their hardware. Hardly no developers do this anymore because PC graphics were crippled due to Sony and Microsoft requiring parity if the developer wanted to release the game on thier particular console. I have a feeling 4A is returning to that system now that much more capable consoles are out and both console makers seeem to have relaxed their crippling restrictions. Since 2013, pretty much all games look the same between settings, and resolution being the only major difference.

14. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti/3090FTW
    Sure most games are unless their hardware counterparts have specific drivers delivered in order to utilize the game properly.

Simply put the "original" game ru s like magic on a four GPU card system. Now that is to say the same can not be said of it redux counterparts. Those were hashed out for more sales in lieu of the consoles. Hence the performance was smashed in regards to GPU support. Talking 100+ solid performance running smooth as glass to a stuttering nightmare with horrid frames per second on the redux versions....

I actually play the original ones to this day as opposed to the redux version just for this reason.

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    1050 not 1070, so a 1060 will be just fine

LOL you're quoting a 680? Do you even realise how old that is? My 1060 runs this at over 120fps!

Are you saying it says 4gb or something? I mean if you have a system with less than 16gb in this age, you're going to struggle to run any game.

16. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    So your weakling gtx 1060 has more fps than my 390x, furyX and 980ti in this game. OK pal.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Well im out now, been pulled from Steam, gone to Epic store.

18. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    V-Ram

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Steam not pulled yet, says they'll fulfill all orders they took so far on there too, so can still get it on there, so ive just banged my order in, before its pulled :p

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    [​IMG]

Same here, I don't pre-order and now this.... just ughh..