METRO EXODUS PC Enhanced Edition Announced Gets DLSS and Advanced Ray Traced Reflections

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    effin finally they updated it with dlss 2.0
    we'll see about improvements to ray traced GI,it already looked amazing 2 years ago
    so good I didn't even care about weak ass dlss 1.0
    this is excellent news ! got 10gb of HQ screenshots from my 1st playthrough.looks like there's gonna be more

https://ibb.co/fChMB6t

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Maddness and nick0323 like this.
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Now we only need graphics cards.

Maddness, Keitosha and Silva like this.

5. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Awesome, a free upgrade for present Metro Exodus PC owners!:cool:

Maddness likes this.
  6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Exciting future. The thing about RT is that as hardware improves, they can increase the fidelity even further.

7. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    Am I the only one that thinks even the full resolution screenshot looks like crap?

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  8. Chorltonwheelie

Chorltonwheelie Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 VENTUS
    I just replayed it after getting hold of a 3080. It was stunning. Ah well....one more time!

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well i have copies or all metro game on steam and gog, not that I played any of them other then the original, if and when I get gpu that can do that, and if and when I actual play said game I guess they will look really nice, if current price of gpu and pc part dont drive me away from pc game in first place.

10. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I agree, just finished Metro Exodus with RT & Extreme settings, it was great in every way

Kosmoz likes this.

11. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    This is great news, it also means I can hold off playing it a little longer.

Undying likes this.
  12. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Same, I'm sure the enhanced version will be even more stunning, thank you game developers for this.

Undying likes this.
  13. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Played it with RX580 and looked stunning for me without the Green Team stuff.
    Nice upgrade, and free for existing owners too! But without cards available, pretty pointless.
    I just hope AMD and Nvidia incorporates something on the GPU code to cancel mining, for companies that are so focused in gaming they're good selling everything to miners and caring not for us gamers...

Maddness and Undying like this.
  14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yup, me too. DLSS adding that awesome sheen of Vaseline on the screen where anything more than 10ft in front of the viewport looks blurred. The same thing happened with Cyberpunk too with DLSS (at any setting). Same thing, even worse in most cases, with AMD FidelityFX.

I have no idea what happened to PC gamers, everyone used to bash the consoles for not running native resolutions and using chequerboard rendering, amongst other techniques. Now that PC has a variation of this tech using A.I upscaling and everyone is jumping for joy? Ok, so basically everyone is a hypocrite now.

Silva, Keitosha, Elder III and 2 others like this.
  15. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070

Calling it a variation of this tech makes you look just like the scorned AMD fanboys, who all know in the back of their head AMD is in trouble without an answer. Sorry!

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I not fan of PC games using Dynamic res any of that crap, I specify 1080p I expect 1080p if specify 1440p I expect that. Atlest the games that use that junk have option to turn it off, that stuff was invented on last gen consoles cause how under power they where and has made it way to PC, Nioh and Sekiro on pc both do but it can be disabled I sure there are others game that do it but i dont have them yet or i have not installed them yet to see it.

Dont want checkboarding dont want dynamic res I want the res specified, most people will never be able see such thing less in extreme cases but I can, the res changing on fly can be just jarring and annoying to see as fps jump from extreme to extreme

Good explain of that i Nioh/2 on base ps4 in action mode which Majority of time runs 720p and does decent job of keeping the 60 fps target but the game still has massive drops in FPS even when pushing that 720p and which jarring and annoying only to made worse when parts of the game run majority of time game runs 720p abd other tiimes push 900p or 1080p in rare cases.

As for DLSS i see effect it has on FPS but i also see effect i see it has on image, which are not always good, nothing willl ever beat Native rendering. just like scaling on all our led/lcd/etc fix res panels, of any res that is not is native res look horrid, 480p on those fix panels look horrid compared to say crt that actual renders at said res it give another reason why I hate current tv tech.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  17. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Good looking game, but so boring.

Promises so much but does not deliver. Reminds me of Cyberpunk 2077.

18. Daytona675

Daytona675 Member

GPU:
    DEVIL13 7990
    That's what I see as well, running both a 3080 and a 6900XT I have both running at native resolutions. When I enable DLSS, the 3080 catches up in frames to the 6900XT but I notice a loss in image quality so what's the point? One thing DLSS reviewer's never mention is how the image looks while in motion, sure a static image with DLSS looks great(And that's what they review) but once it's in motion the image greatly degrades. I personally notice when DLSS is enabled and I don't like it.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Like said i dont like any of the stuff we had none on PC till consoles started doing now it infecting PC side, I sure it has benfeits, but it will never ever beat a native res output, up scaled or down scaled for same reason that stuff look terrible on current tv tech cause all the panels "fixed" res it only display it native res and scales everything else up and or down, which degrades the original image in some form or another no mater well done scaling.

but on topic I like that old game get some love to look better, I just wish dev and publish that do it dont mess with original gameplay in process which seem to be thing these days

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Read my comment again, I bashed BOTH Nvidia and AMD for their current upscaling technologies. And yes, DLSS is a variation of upscaling, is it not? It just so happens to be currently the best upscaling technology and achieves its ends results in a different way to other technologies that attempt to do the same thing. Run games internally at lower resolutions and scale it up to the displays native resolution. Only that DLSS uses A.I to "fill in the blanks" so too speak.

This still doesn't mean that it's good. And it still doesn't take away the fact that 5 years ago PC gamers were laughing at consoles for not being able to achieve native 1080p, 1440p or native 4K and relying a different techniques for their upscaling. Now PC gamers have DLSS and are jumping all over it? What happened to the pcmasterrace who wanted true native resolutions? high image quality? high frame rates? etc etc.

To me this just means that Nvidia and AMD (and intel when they enter the game) can become lazy with new hardware. Soon it will be even smaller increases to core counts, etc and they will rely more and more on upscaling. I was looking forward to actually getting hardware that could run true native 4K 120fps/144fps+, something we have been waiting years and years for. And now something that we will probably be waiting even longer for as everyone relies on upscaling to do the hard work for them.