Metro Exodus - Official gameplay video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    NVIDIA has just released a new video for Metro Exodus, showcasing 6 minutes of gameplay footage from the PC version with RTX mode enabled. In other words, this video showcases the real-time ray traced...

Metro Exodus - Official gameplay video

Maddness likes this.
  2. Moonbogg

Moonbogg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti@2.1GHz
    I swear to god I was watching without sound and didn't know RTX was going on and off. I just thought someone was screwing with the gamma and it got recorded somehow, lol. Not impressed at all. Play at 1080p with RTX on, not see the difference, at under 60FPS, all for $1300. Perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Biały Wilk and Pimpiklem like this.
  3. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I do find this new RTX ray tracing technology amazing in terms of what is actually going on & being calculated, as to whether it makes a massive difference in the games currently in development is another story. I do want this ray tracing technology to develop further, but it doesn't seem critical at the moment, I think games look pretty damn good without it, but in a few years I hope to see massive improvements in ray tracing & therefore graphics.

mbk1969 likes this.
  4. AMDfan

AMDfan Guest

GPU:
    280X
    I don't see where the buzz is all about, i honestly think it looked better with RTX off. It will take years to come before it MIGHT get a thing.
    It's for sure not worth the price NVIDIA is asking, $600,- for the mainstream 2070, $800,- dollar for high end 2080 and a whopping $1.200,- dollar for the 2080Ti.
    IMHO you must be or blind, stupid or a payed shill if you truly believe it's worth NVIDIA pricing

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Username checks out :D

6. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    I have been waiting for years for the hardware to enable Ray Tracing. Simply stunning, I truely cannot wait. This is the future of gaming.

7. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    I've read over and over that ray-tracing is "the one thing" that so many gamers have been longing for. I dunno, I would have thought that finding an actual good game to play would have taken precedent.

I've no quarrel with those who feel that the RTX technology is indispensable; a must-have option. But, simply based on this video, which I watched three times, I clearly am seeing the difference, but I'm not seeing anything that would justify the expense of a RTX 2080Ti. Even as someone who quite often stops within a game and takes a long look around at the surroundings, I honestly feel I'd enjoy the vanilla Metro Exodus as much as the RTX enhanced version. That is, of course, if it proves to be a good game. I suspect it will be.

To put it another way, I don't need to see the IMAX version of a film to feel I've enjoyed something to the fullest. It can be a nice experience, but it isn't required.

mbk1969 likes this.
  8. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Beautiful but deadly, hardware needs to evolve more to get 60+ fps at 1440p. And when that happens games will start to have more than one feature like illumination or shadows or reflections. And then we have to wait even more to reach reasonable fps at higher resolutions.

Unless they come up with more magic, throwing brute force at it will take too long.

9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Nice delete Pimp, I was just about to rip your post to shreds.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    RTX off looks better in this particular game.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    And troll face checks out. :D

Extraordinary likes this.
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    If this is a 'proper' RTX demo, they got a long way to go before I am impressed. Can see instances of nice lighting effects, but other instances where RTX on doesnt really improve things much. Only the BF5 demo impressed me somewhat and even then not entirely (didnt like the overdone flame reflections off the black car).

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Agreed, it has massive potential but the performance hit is not worth it yet, but brand new tech & unfinished game is never going to look perfect

alanm likes this.
  14. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    I see a difference but I can't really say which one is better.
    If I have to spend extra $$$ and have reduced performance, it's a hard pass on RTX by me.

See you in a couple of generations, leather-jacket-boi

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I'm looking foward to RT and AI more so than any new fangled AA (just get 4K, turn of AA vs 1080 with AA) but the performance hit is staggering.

It would be like if AA produced acceptable FPS at 480p while everyone was moving towards 1080p screens.

Nice RT 1.0 Nvidia. But my wallet will buy when RT 2.0 comes out with enough market share to support it.

16. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    well i was posting to much.
    People dont want to know what i have to say because it spoils their interpretation of whats actually happening and brings them back down to earth.
    People dont like that just as you dont clearly as you wanted to rip my facts to shreds.
    Thats why you was about to reply to my post because it clearly upset you but with any luck it might of helped you.
    I sit back and await your sarcastic reply.

17. pimpineasy

pimpineasy Guest

GPU:
    1050ti/Rx570
    looks cool seems like it could help some developers save some time if it was standardized when will there be enough cores on midrange to enjoy gameplay though? 16 quarters

18. Pimpiklem

Pimpiklem Guest

GPU:
    amd
    Ray tracing off [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Ray tracing on.

Honestly with the skill of game developers today with their ability to make some amazing lighting no one really cares about it being real or fake so long as it looks nice and honestly its a waste of GPU rendering power.

19. noGuruATall

noGuruATall Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 580 3GB
    Off looks better in 90% video. :)

20. Rx4speed

Rx4speed Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 295x2
    You see those hallways, and how dark they are with RTX on? Realistic, probably, but every FPS or similar gamer will turn that crap off in mulit-player because it puts you at a massive disadvantage in target acquisition. Either that or DIE.