Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    mate, u dont understand do u? if this game cant run in my 4 years old office laptop , then its crap. u better get used to it...lol..

Like happend to crysis when it was out...people moan and whine alot about they couldn't set to max with their Pentium 4 + 2 GB ram systems or laptop systems.:nerd::infinity:

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    lol, that they will.

People just moan, and the PC guys are the worst.

A console port comes out, all the low-mid guys go yay, the mid-high guys go, console crap.

A high end PC game comes out, the low guys-mid guys moan about having to run it on low, and the mid-high guys call it unoptimised cause they can't get as many frames as CS:S.

This will no doubt be the later since it will probably need a 5970/GTX260 combo to run it at 60fps maxed at a high res.

3. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    It happens alot these days, on here aswell.

People complain that they want better graphics and physics, AI and so forth but then when a game does come out that pushes there hardware they complain that its "unoptimised crap", crysis was a great example, and i have a feeling this might push current hardware very hard.

But on the other hand people complain when it looks like rubbish but runs well, you cant have everything.

You wonder why developers make games for consoles, its more straight forward, bigger profit margins and bigger installer base, ive got a feeling PC gamers shoot themsleves in the foot sometimes.

Im not expecting my system to run this with everything on and wont be dissapointed when it doesnt, but people expecting miracles out of 2-3year old hardware is just plain stupid.

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    My original assumption that this game will require steam are looking to be true

5. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    These days that is a good thing when so many non Steam games are full of game ruining DRM.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    can we LEAN and Crouch in this?

7. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Well if steamworks is its only "piracy/copy protection", I don't see this as a problem.
    In fact I don't have any problem with steamworks. Achievements are useless but cool :)
    Now if it was steamworks+securom+gfwl...

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    STEAM is BEST for me... Steam Clouds is awesome..keeping ur records online...

9. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    At the same time? You would probably fall over :p

They dev's said there was no lean in this game on their twitter page, no idea about crouch, i would imagine you probably can though.

10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    No lean? hmm. i wanted to lean while i lean man..so when i lean i can lean behind from objects..u know wha i mean bro?...lol.

EDIT: and Mr.Beckman's link

This game looks tight area fighting like DOOM3, AVP lately, so no big maps like CRYSIS or STALKER series..maybe iam wrong..it just looks like that to me..but requiring low ram points to that also...hu?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Backbuffer optimizations perhaps, similar to how tripple buffering and VSync helps framerate but also requires more VRAM utilization.
    (Less but better caching of render data or what to call it.)

I'd still say 512 MB seems a bit optimistic (768 on DX9 based on that.) but who knows, could be a very well optimized engine taking full advantage of DX9 to DX11 :)

13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8A5qy61Yac

It looks like there is crouch in that video above.

Two things i noticed in that video though, first one is quite funny, its a TWIMTBP game, but its a DX11 game, and probably the first real one, they obviously must of intended this to be their launch title.
    NiukNiuk, the other thing is at the end of the video, says GFWL.

I won't bother with this until i can upgrade, the DX11 stuff, and the fact they say it needs at least 2hardware threads just makes me want to hold off so i can play it properly.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Thanx for the info man..and u ever se this..i find this in the Mr.Beckman's link

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-metro2033-article?page=1

there is a video in the middle of the page..

i like that kind of close combat melee figting like it happens in AVP too with gamepad..press correct button to make that combos etc..i dont know on this game but u will see in that video that u make a close combat with a creature .....at...00:55..ohh wait i see "QUICK TAP X" at 00:56..OMFG..this is it!!! :D:D:D:D

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    end of the video may have say GFWL, but i believe that deal fell through, due to the fact that it is officially getting steam works

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3483/

Though, aswell, that GFWL part at the end just seemed like a "shoe in" for the "xbox 360" part

i doubt this game will be GFWL, as i don't think GFWL + Steamworks would be possible

16. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Well it's "only" Games For Windows, without the "live" word. So I think that it's simply the GFW label for games that support the x360 controller.
    I might be wrong, but it would be weird to have steamworks (and its achievements) + GFWL (with other achievements) running at the same time.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  17. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    No, its got the Live bit too, just came as a suprise to me, but as Aura89 said, and according to some posts on the GFW forums, it was going to be GFWL, but changed to steamworks recently

Nice video, and a really good article, appealed to my geek brain more than most interviews, and the 360 optimisations should help performance on lower spec PC's.

18. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Reading that put a smile on my face :)

It's so exciting to finally be able to read about new and exciting technical details about a game. It's been a while. Last time was for Crysis.

And I just realised that this game supports both PhysX and DX11, and since nvidia hasn't released a DX11 card yet you won't be able to enable both PhysX and DX11. Unless you have a Ageia PhysX as it states in that article that it's supported.

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Oh ok, well I prefer steamworks :) (nearly all my friends have a steam account).
    And yeah, the video in this eurogamer article is really cool. I'm not convinced by some facials animations/expressions, but everything else looks really nice.

20. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    This would have been the perfect game for nvidia to show what femri could have done, il play it on my rig to see how it runs and an upgrade may be in order.

Its nice to see games like this that push the hardware and devlopers that take time to make it different to the console versions, this is why we spend lots of money on our PC's guru's.