Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol u run or what ?

and game is realistic as it gets. wish a headshot can kill anything. even those gorillas.

in addition, cant wait for DLC, i wantmore.

not sure Mr.Beckman posted or not this but i found at developers main site.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  2. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    Are there any mods available for metro 2033 yet? I would imagine if it's based on a similar engine (I'm not sure though) to stalker there probaby will be?

3. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Im interested to see what the DLc is, plus any mods would be nice if anyone knows any?

4. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Just to clear things up... those "gorilla" creatures are called Librarians.... kthx

They won't attack you if you keep looking at them (aka your cross hair is on their face). They attack you during scripted sequences though... and if you shoot them or turn away they will attack.

5. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    you mean by constantly aiming yourgun at them they won't attack?

I tried sneaking past one when i was low on ammo didn't work

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    interesting. they wont attack? somebody test this pls :)

7. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SLI
    You need to look them in the eyes and not take your eyes off their eyes....at times they still attacked me....but at times they also ran away.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    You want mods?
    Just enable Global Illumination from user.cfg and see what your system can do :)

9. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Any screens with GI on?

10. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

oh yes their mode of attacking is to disappear and hide into the holes of the ceiling when u look at them and attack u from behind just like those small mole/rat like creatures they always attack from behind.

It might be a cool method to try but not very effective overall cos i believe in some parts there are more than 2 of them around. It's quite hard avoiding them actually especially in the cramped rooms no place to outrun them so just have to shoot them and be done.

11. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    theres no global illumination in my user.cfg, please elaborate

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  12. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I found out that there are two user.cfg files in two folders:

C:\Users\Jeffrey\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033

Which user.cfg file can I mod? I tried to enable god mode but it didn't work.

13. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    i just finished, man pretty awesome game the only part i didnt like was near the end -the bubble things. ended up destroying the dark ones so ill have to play a second time to see alternate ending (not sure how though i tried shooting the laser thing but then had visions.) think ill play some L4D2online now

14. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    Throwing knives. Aim right at the Librarian's head, throw all five, then you might need 5 or 6 bullets to take it down. Recover the knives, start again. They mostly won't attack if you keep your eyes on it and don't let it back you into a corner. Stabbing them in the face with your combat knife also works pretty well.

The moral component in the game decides if you have the choice to save or destroy the Dark Ones at the end. And it's an ingenius part of the game. No sliders at all, no indication that giving up bullets or declining ammo will help you. This method may only be valid in a world as atmospheric and alive as Metro 2033, but it's based on the player's actual morality rather than the game presenting good/bad options and telling you what you need to do.

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Ok thank I don't really need AF but if my set can handle it with good frames i'll use it or AA if the game as it.

16. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    The game has a mode of AA but i kills the frame rate and makes edges blurry, it hurts the IQ quite bad, just put AF to max and put it on high and see what you get, Very High doesnt look any better really, the DX11 effects arent worth it.

17. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    which ever performs the best is the dx ver i'll use probably use dx9 or dx10(if the game has it)I'd buy it with some of my 100 bucks i'm saving to get my 3 back windows on my car tinted as dark as the limo tint but I think i'll just wait till Thursday to buy the game.

18. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Guys, just started playing the game, enjoying it so far and the graphics really are quite something. However, performance is pretty dire, everything max, DX11, 4xAA 4xAF.

Does the game support crossfire yet, or does ATI still need to release a profile for it? Using 10.4 preview drivers.

19. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    i don't think the game needs AA (imo). I'd turn off DX11 Depth of Field and just use the standard AAA, then you should be good to go on your rig. oh, and increase the AF. I play at normal IQ, AF16, DX11, no DOF and I get 30-60fps. vysnc on.

20. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Cool, well im happy to tweak the game to get it to run right, just wondering if i can expect a performance boost when ATI get crossfire sorted, or if this is as good as im gonna get it.

BTW... running at 1920x1200.