Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    The game runs bad for anyone else? I decided to give it a try very high tess on/off and dof off, just at the prologue my character was going upstairs @90 fps nothing on screen and my fps dropped to 40fps ...so I was like maybe something is coming...lol

Nothing showed up, then moving ahead you face the first monsters and my fps dropped to 20s...This is with my rig fully OCed. (No spoilers this is just the prologue)

2. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    welcome to the club ............

it's just in certain places like in the beginning ........of the game......

run it at high instead of very high setiings, and use AAA , won't notice much diff anyways and it'll play nice

3. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Thank you for the advice.

I think Ill wait for a patch. I cant believe my pc cant play at max settings.

4. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    TBH, in my rig, apart from the very beggining, and another place I can't remember (that the drop wasn't that bad) the game it's playing reaaaallllyyy nice.... I was on 8.70RC2 betas, and last time I played with 10.3 officials......nicely ......

I really don't think that from high to very high you will notice much, if any.
    AAA works ok (thru shaders) , funny enough with 8.70RC2 4XMSAA wasn't that good, haven't tried with actual drivers ......

I don't think there are many reasons not to play it right away (can't wait to sunday to play) , but yes, a patch is needed.....

5. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Hey Mine was running along fine till I loaded 10.4 pre and hit the library where the "Librarain" was waiting. I dropped to 18 FPS and know matter what I do FPS wont change. I dropped my Res way down and turned off DOF and Tess and no change.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  6. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I get pretty good performance on my rig, but I have been holding off on playing it all the way through until I get my 5970, q9650 and SSD :D. But even with that I only want to kick it up to very high with 4xmsaa if I can on Dx10 and get 60fps solid.

7. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Wow I just saw your post, have you tried dropping the settings down to DX10 and running very high to see how it performed?

8. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    No, I bought the card to play in dx11. There is something completely wrong about the performance of this game.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Tesselation is used on a lot of stuff and the depth of field shader is quite heavy, of course without them the game will basically look like the DX10 version (Adds AAA\MSAA and some shader tweaks over DX9) but with further shader refinement and shadow filtering.
    (I'd recommend AAA as MSAA is also very demanding especially if you use shader AA via CCC like adaptive AA or edge detect.)

(Edge detect requiring 4xAA or 8xAA but that's all the game supports, corresponds to roughly 12x or 24x samples, looks fantastic, outside of ATI 5000 series SSAA, but really hits performance in most newer games.)

EDIT: Also the 10.4 "hotfix" drivers have proper profiles for the game, I don't know what exactly they do but it should help performance a bit.
    (Crossfire perhaps most of all.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anytime there are light rays the FPS drops to a crawl. Other than that it's running fine with Tess (No DOF) on my 470.

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hm crap, i thought 470/480gtx would be better at those god rays..

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    None of theese cards can handle 30+ FPS(Intense Lights) at 1920x1200 maxed out

13. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I managed like 35fps average and like 45 average with everything maxed out cept for the AA which was 1x AAA.

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Don't blame the cards, blame the game. It's not an issue in Stalker.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    a quick question.. i bought VSS with silencer on it..u know..it was saying. use burst fire in close range..is is powerful than AK..because iam fighting with mutants for a time and i think its sht against them..AK is better?

i think this explains alot
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010

16. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    With dx11 very high and 4xAA/16xAF i'm getting around 40-50 fps, its advanced dof thats kills the fps so i put that off and the fps doubles to 80/90fps.

17. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    but there are too many slowdowns and doesnt feel smooth.

18. DeadLine

DeadLine Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    True that, some parts are very heavy.

19. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    grab the AK, biggy.. vss with silencer is for against human enemy. if u come across mutants, especially annoying lurkers, its best to go with AK most of the time.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmm..k mate. thanx for advice.