Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    what if i give u free copy of this game for PS3..will u ever play it?

2. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    seems like this game will take good advantage of DX11 might be really good stuff :p

3. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I dont think the DX11 will be that impressive based on other games that have used it so far, its following suit with what happened when DX10 first came out, it was believed to be amazing but in reality developers never used it.

Im more interested in the physX stuff, as ive seen a few hints of whats to come with physX in other games, and its fairly impressive.

4. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    actually these guys have boasted that they are going to use DX11 more then anyone so far :D at least everything looks nicely round without nasty edges what I've seen so far :p

Kotaku post about it

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well from the screenshots it's definetly the best looking game since Crysis, and im sure they will use DX11 better than the others, they have also boasted about using PhysX more than anyone else, so im sure it will be a good test of even the best hardware around.

Mr.Bigtime, was the PS3 thing a joke?

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Mix of both is perfect.

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i like a subtle mix of both.
    With total open world, its hard to tell a story, or if your like me who try's to see everything, you end up spending a weekend doing feck all to do with the game in some virtual world, then go back to work on the Monday and feel like a saddo.

But totally linear games like MW get boring after a day or so, which is why i think they are so short.

Hopefully this will have some freedom, but not too much wandering, i think the fact its mostly limited to underground will help it feel open, but not so much that your not doing anything.

Not that i will attempt to run it on this system, would be like hooking a BluRay player up to a tv with composite leads.

9. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah like Crysis, as long as the game keeps moving foreward so you're not just walking half of the game to get somewere ^_^

10. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    That's why I got bored with STALKER, walk, walk, walk, get shot twice and die, whilst you empty magazines on enemies, who are supermen.

Also I loved COD IV, thought it was far, far superiour in story to Crysis, but then I've only seen Crysis as hype. My place of birth has a lot to do with loving COD IV, of course and knowing the geography of the region.

I don't really care whether this game shares any similarities with STALKER, as long as it doesn't play like that game did. I got bored really quickly and I haven't even tried Call Of Pripyat, because of the bad taste the first one left behind.

11. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    **** this game looks great..i hope the dx10 or 9 version will look good to..

12. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I simply said it was linear, I didn't say a single thing to imply that as being good or bad, and the next poster said it was a good thing.

There are thousands of unlinear games outside of MMO's anyway.

13. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    You have the same basic stats as the enemies do with the same gear, and a single head shot will kill anyone without an armored head, including you most of the time.

:edit: sorry, double post.

14. Synks

Synks Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce GTX 580
  15. chris2k

chris2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 2GB
    Looking at that modded revolver of his made me giggle with excitement!

16. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    Looks like this game has the best bits of everything.

If they had crazy weapon/char customization kinda like Borderlands (that WASNT just recolors and junk) it'd be amazingly addictive. I'm sure it allready is.

Also, the fact that the screens are all at hi resolutions makes me feel good about the performance of it. Best use of dof and tessellation I've seen yet.

Textures also look really hi res. This is making me think this one is PC first, 360 second. The way it always should be.

17. Zen0

Zen0 Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    [​IMG]

:)

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  19. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ^^thats what im talking about, this game is shaping up really nicely, i cant imagine its going to hit our comps quiet bad tho.

20. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The game looks astounding technically, if the games is half as good as the tech then it will be one of the best this year, even if it is likely to batter even the best systems.