Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    hmm..

i still cant find an article about ADVANCED PHYSX do what in game...clothes? smoke? i dont think smoke is physx..

2. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Its bits of cloth, particle effects when shooting things, some levels you can shoot the icicles down which i hear you cant do without it on (im not sure tho) and adds alot more smoke, i tried it on and off and you can tell the difference.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    HMm..but ATI USER TELL ME:

Can u enable ADVANCED PHYSX in the game? or its not available to u? is it NVIDIA only? thanx.

4. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    Option is available for ATI.
    I completed the game with adv. physx on

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    From what ive gathered ATI users can enable it, but it doesnt actually work.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hmm thanx for reply dude...

7. TDurden

TDurden Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    I guess it does work.
    I had to disable it at the beginning of chapter 3 because game would crash. With adv. physx off no more crashes. Updating physx drivers fixed it though and I was able to turn it back on.
    If I remember correctly there were differences in cloth simulation and smoke from grenades was dynamic and flowing around walls

8. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    My GF just gave me both Metro 2033 & 2034 books as a gift

ill let you know ppl since I am also playing the game :D

Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  9. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    You completed it?

I'm stuck cos my gas mask is broken i guess i need to load back earlier?

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i was keep wondering that if u run out of filters and gas mask whats going to happen if passed the last save point...

11. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Oka this is pissing me off. I dunno what to do with the compass cos there's no map just a freaking compass!!!

Am i supposed to go north, south, east or west?

Pls someone just tell me where to go.

I'm at the part where i'm supposed to go past the hotel. I defeated the part where there were many wolves but i'm stuck again.

Now there's 2 of those flying shyt things and they cannot die despite getting shot at so okay i decide to just carry on until there's no way. Firstly i don't know where to go next the only way seems to be inside the radioactive water and this pansy guy cannot jump high enough to reach the platform and of course those flying pieces of shyt are also trying to attack me. Pls where do i go?

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The compass usually points to the next checkpoint, should be a little thing near it being said checkpoint that'll orient depending on how you turn and move around, it won't help navigating certain areas with narrow corridors and similar though.

If it's that building with the array on it then.
    You need to go back to the middle staircase and then behind it and down to ground level on the back of the building.

13. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    Hey i read a walkthrough and finally made it thru that stage and reunited with this bourbon guy.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    lol man i started to play xbox360 version too..to the point i stopped in PC version. i wont continue until my 5970 arrives..

The thing is when u know when and where enmy will pop up..it takes u finish 4 levels in 40 minutes lol..and the TENSION is not available when u know whats going to happen :(..damn..and shame..anyway -_-

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  15. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i never use walkthrough

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Started replaying this in order to try and reach the other ending properly, lots of stuff I missed even as early as the start of the game so far.

If it's based on "points" or enlightenment there must be a lot of stuff one can do to increase it, got four of them already by looking trough a gate at a group of survivors, talking to the crowd outside of the medical facility and then the door guard of said facility and finally checking on the injured in the hospital.

17. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Listening to ennemies/npc conversations and dicovering secret places give these "enlightnement points" (you can hear a special sound if you're doing good or bad things). But the good ending is pretty simple to get: just shoot the "electronic aiming machine" to make it fall from the tower

18. death_samurai

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream

Dude it's really boring when there's no map around okay.

Every cool game has a map. Crysis and WH has a map, dragon age has a map. With no map it's stupid and it sucks. The alien spaceship stage in crysis was the worst stage of all where u're floating and everything.

Resident evil all have maps.

This game should have a map. Anyway that was the only 1 time i looked thru the walkthru, i didn't for the next stage where bourbon is captured by the bad guys.

Now i completed that after wandering about in the dark killing bad guys and hoping i don't die which i did a few times and now i'm with some new dude called khan and the next stage is stupidier since i cannot touch anything if not i die from dreaming but somehow i always touch something and die.

19. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    The "ghost" level? It's one of my favorite levels :nerd:
    Simply follow Khan's instructions...and when you're dreaming don't forget that you can move (and "evade" from the dream you're into)

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    HU? iam not complaining about map dude :)..i dont get lost..my point is: if i RE play this game, i know where r enemies so it wont be as SCARY as a first run :)

i played SP until that KHAN level and stopped..i played xbox version last night until KHAN too in 40 minutes but it was not scary because i know where r enemies etc :)