Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hmm thanx for the info Mr.Beckman.

And i must say 26 FPS outdoor of first level VERY HIGH SETTINGS..and around 48 FPS interior..this is not acceptable..iam sure u all already talked about this but, imo, game is un optimized..

Anyway, but why the hell i cant make CUSTOM settings? iam sure VSYNC is ON..mouse movement is sht...and i dont want SSAO which makes no difference for me in any game..

pls do tell me how can i make custom settings..like more LOW shadows etc..thanx..

2. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    You cant, the config files dont let you tweak it, the game isnt un-optimised either, its system heavy because of the quality of the effects, try dropping to high and your frame rate will get a massive boost and you will barely notice the difference in IQ form very high.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Hmmm..okay then :)..i knew somebody will say , its not unoptimized lol. its easy to guess that sometimes u will get that kind of answer :D

Couldn't play alot because i was preparing for coming to office.. but game seems more "PLAY WITH ME" to me on PC than xbox360..odd...

Thanx for reply man..shame there is no custom options..and i run DX10..can u recommend me" to run DX9 because of massive boost and no visually difference between Dx9 and X10". is it?

4. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    The difference between DX9 and DX10 isnt that big but the performance difference for me wasnt either, id just play DX10 on High and see how you get on with that.

Well i say it not unoptimised but thats a matter of opinion, i was surprised how well my system ran it for a game that is so visually stunning.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Mr bigtime do you use d3doverrider? i found this to help fps alot on my system.

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    No i dont...which settings there i must SET to what? pls :)

i will first try FORCE DISABLE VSYNC on NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL...and i will set VERY HIGH in game setting to HIGH and will see if its good..game runs fine but mouse movement is sluggish probably due VSYNC i presume.

7. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    yeah after i changed from very high to high, game runs smoother, i dont even noticed IQ differences

8. flipstreet

flipstreet New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 5850
    about metro 2033

i think game is OK and the insane graphics brings my PC to its knees

9. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    i am stuck in a stupid stage. I think i need to probably reload back at the super market stage,

OKay it's this part where u need to jump unto some cars to cross the radioactive stream. Then u fall in and now u need to go around. The map is useless. I then stumble my way around and end up with like 10 of these wolf creatures and 2 of them look different and are probably super strong wolf creatures and well i don;t have enough ammo the main character is as slow as shyt so u can imagine how tough it is. I don't even know where i'm going etc. Oh yes my mask is also broken i think.

10. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    its the beginning of the game, u need to go around and enter the building. from there, just scavange for ammo and filters.. just go along. u'll find the way..

11. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    yeah but do u need to fight the ton of those wolf creatures? I really want to avoid them it's quite hard shooting at them.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    mehh guys,i set resolution to 1280x768 from 1920x1080. and runs double time better at very high setting..very nice..

edit: a second run, i didnt like 1280 and turned back to 1980..but, i enabled physx, does it hit performance..and i still dont see a physx stuff.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    OMFG, i was so wrong about this game. Linear but this is like watching a good movie or reading a book.. i want to ASK QUESTIONS PLS

After Market u know, we enter the SURFACE fisrt time, i dint follow the dude i follow u know and headed somewhere different and those positions leaded me other parts of the level and i lost my guy, and then found a way and passed to other level and there saw my guy, so basically, r there alternative ways? looking around is both interesting and so rewarding to loot u know :)

and, i cant give up VERY HIGH SETTING for now its very fine and i fixed my mouse issue by using a gamepad. yes u heard me. it is comfortable for my HAND/PALM, healthy i mean and adds tension because its not easy to shoot lol :). and looking around is so smooth :)

14. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    just started playing this game today so im avoiding spoilers lol,but this game is so good so far, aside from the graphics,im starting to dig the story as well

15. Raiasokura

Raiasokura Master Guru

GPU:
    evga gtx 980 ti
    Its perfect with a gamepad, i have no issues with it.. theres a few alternate routes so there is different ways to get to locations, you can also avoid combat if you want.. some of the outdoor areas are quite populated theres many ways to approach different situations with the variety of weapons available.

Also its been great so far, some of the locations are quite stunning.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    haha good to know iam not alone who enjoys with gamepad. and this game is linear as crysis then . especially i move very slow with game pad u know like sneaking or walking so slow in a realistic way. damn sweet.

and i wonder if DX11 has a real difference vs DX10.

AND IS THERE A GOD VALID SOURCE FOR METRO2033 GPU BENCHMARK?

17. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I can really tell a difference between the game in dx11 and dx10. Awesome game all the way through.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
  19. Raiasokura

Raiasokura Master Guru

GPU:
    evga gtx 980 ti
    Using the gamepad is better, I dunno it just feels better its easy to switch between the two, thats the great thing about metro some tricky parts its easy to switch to mouse and keyboard which ive had to do once for a short time.

Theres not a massive difference between DX10 and DX11, some have said it looks a little worse with DX11 DOF on, than off. tesselation doesnt make a huge difference either for the performance hit. I would probaly say it looks a little better with tesselation on but theres not a huge difference, so quite a lot have said DX10 looks just as good as DX11.

Advanced physx seems to hit performance, would be cool to see some videos with them off and on side by side to see what the difference is.

20. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    That doesnt really give DX11 a good name, the tessalation makes everything look blurry and nothign else is even worth mentioning, better of in DX10, that Multi-sampled AA mkaes everything look blurry aswell, they shud patch the game so we can tweak the settings how we want them.