Metro 2033

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Synks, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Just got back and installing it now, damn thing takes for ever! Although I do like steam there should be an option to deactivate from your account for resale but I digress.

Waiting for mine to install and then I will fire it up. My son is laying on me not feeling good so I might have a go at it with the 360 controller for a bit.

WTF! Now I have to wait for some update on it and it is saying it will take 24minutes to do. I have already waited an Half an Hour :bang:!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  2. leaker

leaker Member

GPU:
    lulz
    They said their engine uses a technique which they call "HDR audio" which just like the usual HDR makes sure you can clearly see the darkest and brightest parts of any frame, HDR audio makes sure that you will always be able to hear what's important no matter how low or high the volume of it is, or how many sounds are playing at the same time, etc.

Or something like that :)

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    I would but it is way too boring :)
    Maybe tomorrow when i have time

4. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Still flipping waiting! Damn I would like to play it lol

5. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Let's say an extremely loud sound plays, like an explosion.
    During that period all normal level sounds, let's say talk, footsteps etc... are muffled. That way you don't get extremely loud explosions that would break your speakers and ears, while still getting the contrast between normal and loud noises.

That's basically it. Kinda like HDR tone mapping between indoors and outdoors. Only thing is that this adjusts sound levels, not exposure levels.

6. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    OMG!!! this game looks good.The game is visually outstanding looks better than Crysis to me!Could be a little better optimized ,maybe needs better drivers.Running Very high DX 10 1680x1050,1080p lags too much.Some textures seem too low but they are well hidden.

Gameplay is very good too,nice atmosphere and everything.

7. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    yep, it's definetely the graphics crown for me so far. Until Crysis 2? :)

8. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
    ok, got it running and looking nice^^

i got everything on very high and on just enhanced physx is off and now its running 30-35 frames :)

9. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    how u manage that ?? tweaked the cfg??

10. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    The PhysX setting is in the Games Settings, just not in the Video setting (ain't at game now but you WILL find it).

By default it uses the CPU, set to Enhanced and it uses the GPU.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    For me it has the crown in Textures only.Animation and all other features are way better in Crysis

12. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Ok well just got done running through the opening scene a few times and this is what I have to report back.

1. Quit trying to run the damn game on Very High that is for future cards not current cards.
    2. I am running the game high with AAA anti AA and 4xAF. Physics on Max but I don't know if my 8800gts is even being used (didn't register any movement in EVGA Precision).

With every thing on high as stated this is the best looking game I have played so far hands down the atmosphere is great and very engulfing I got an average of 32.087 frames and min of 18.

I did a second run with it on Medium and the game still looks good but closer to the xbox version overall but still great and I got an average of 46.79 fps and a min of 20. The low min could be from video memory being lower on the 275 than the 285.

So far great game plays great with 360 controller! Oh yea forgot I am running 1920 x 1080 with vsync forced.

13. toTheCore

toTheCore Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX280
    Two questions. Can u free roam in this game ? Are there any side quests or anything else to do beside main story ?

14. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    Where might one find that config?

15. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    I don't think there is any but I may have heard of some side quest. I am just at the beginning so I would have to report back.

16. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Does anyone with a 5970 have this game yet? I would like to hear of the performance on it.

17. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    No real roaming. Your basically going in one pre-defined direction, with some rooms here and there to scour for ammo and gas masks and stuff. Hmm I'm not sure about the side quests but I have noticed there are at least 1 or two things I've done which resulted in "cut scenes" and Im not sure exactly how they tie in with the main story. But Im assuming based on your actions, down the line certain events may or may not happen.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    It is for the current generation you just need an upgrade :)
    My min fps with oc is 22 and i am getting this fps when i see huge light

19. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    I'll let u know how Tri 5870 crossfire does after I get the game loaded.:banana:

20. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    I get an average of 32-48 fps on normal setting, 1920x1080 AF 16x & around 22-35 on High. Not bad for a Phenom 9550, GTX 275, & 8GB of RAM. Will install it on my my Phenom II x940 system tomorrow & see how that does.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010