Metal Gear Solid V Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Aug 28, 2015.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    i think they locked the game's framerate to 60fps after the patch

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Hmm, I'll check if its the dust, I've everything maxed except not using FSAA, DoF, 3440x1440, using HBAO+, same area as before only difference being the patch version

3. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    When I use Extra High "Modified" I get huge drops in frames 30~ but my TDP drops as well around 56%. The maximum this game uses is 66% or so. For comparison BF4 and all FB games can use 84-92% of my TDP. I feel that this game does not utilize NV gpus properly. Hell most games average out at 77% for me.

I don't understand 99% gpu usage with 56% TDP. I used to have a TDP bug with MSI overvolt fermi+kepler gpu in my system where the games would use lesser tdp because of a bug in the boost voltage, resolved on restarts.

Can't expect perfection from a Japanese developer :p

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Drogean's TPP PC Mods - Reddit

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im getting drops to 15-25 fps at night, lowering lighting to High fixes it.

During the day - same fps drop, but changing Lighting and or Effects down from extra high to high makes no difference.

Theres a steam thread full of 980ti users reporting this issue also, so i think there may actually be something wrong on the games end here. This is the thread in question

But from reading a few comments, some users think that this drop maybe perfectly normal as the dust on Extra High (via Effects setting) is self shadowing.

Edit: after some more reading around the web and over at neogaf, the fps drops seem to be related to the latest Nvidia driver, the mgsv specific one that is.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  6. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Strange to see Nvidia users having issues with an Nvidia title.

7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Yeap,I've never saw any fps drops..using 355.60 and all run smooth (60s all the time,smooth for real,not sh!tty fake "smooth" sometimes some users say..).

Sh!t happens but I assume you know it better from Red team's drivers..:3eyes:

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Actually AMD's drivers are rock solid and imo better than Nvidia's of late.
    I'm purely speaking here about single card experience and not dual.

If i do experience a specific issue for a certain game i just drop the ati.dll files in the game directory and it will use those specific drivers.

9. Anvi

Anvi Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    R9 390 here and FPS very rarely drops below 60, but at night time mother base renders at about 50 fps, so the lights are definitely impacting performance.

Resolution 2560x1600 and everything maxed, except Ambient Occulusion (set to 2nd highest) and Post Processing (set to 2nd highest).

10. Lurk

Lurk Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080
    Hi all, my MGSV crashes.
    I can play for an hour or maybe two, but in the end it eventually crashes. I've tried pretty much everything that comes to mind.
    My system is on a fresh Win7x64 install with no strange tweaks and everything updated. Components are not overclocked. FX-8350, 8Gb RAM, Crossfire 7950's. Needless to say, everything else works, and performance in game is excellent.
    The Steam High Severity Bug thread has many similar reports.
    Is anyone else experiencing this?
    It's pretty frustrating, especially if you've played for an hour with no auto-save.
    The game just shuts down and kicks me back to dektop in a second, no warning sign or strange behaviour before the sudden CTD.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015

11. xupacabra

xupacabra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9290X Direct CUII
    Unfortunately this issue is not just with Nvidia cards. My AMD 290x also has this problem. At night if I don't turn the lighting to high my fps drop to 52 or so.. during day everything is fine..60 fps everything set to max...

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    You call 52 a huge drop...you make me laugh. Guys are talking about their fps being halved.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Did you try this yet? Looks good, hate the base dev timere

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thats cheating and also effects the Multiplayer Part (FOB). So many people on low level have already mostly S++ Soldiers (yeah,..right!). I hope Konami is gonna do something about this. Should they ban them all! Tho i doubt anything will happen.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Not here the game is rock solid, in all conditions, not updated my GPU drivers in a while, saying that I only update them when I have need to update them, Witcher 3's driver set was the last time so I am currently on 355.82

16. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Curious this game,from a console game maker,should run like a charm on Nvidia hw especially on Kepler/Maxwell.
    The graphic is not top notch,still some textures are taken from DX9 games. :(
    But overall most of you should run @ 60fps all the time.Indeed lighting&shadow on Extra high are enough demainding on some area,you should put them on High.

Thank God this game is not Gameworks and run great on Amd & Nvidia old cards.

17. xupacabra

xupacabra Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9290X Direct CUII
    My friend, first tell me have you read my post? Where do I say I have a HUGE drop? And yes in this game at 52 fps in my case the game really slows down. I was just exposing my situation, if that makes you laugh well my friend, probably there's something wrong with you.
    I really like this forum and i use it for years now, but I hate arrogant people.

18. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Sorry if I came over as arrogant. Wasn't my intention.
    My apologies.

19. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Your soldiers ranks are tied to your Heroism as far as i know.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    That's why i cba to do FOB, and usually asian devs don't do crap about it.