Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Or maybe now he can make good games without being held back by a ****ty company.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Heavy rain sold over 3 million copies and made at least $100 million

Beyond is over 1 million sales.

This isn't up to date for either and doesn't include the ps4 release.

So yeah, what are you talking about?

3. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Mr.Kojima just needs to go on Kickstarter, he'd get all the budget he needs. Ppl would go mad like with StarCitizen.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Kojima Productions :-D

http://www.kojimaproductions.jp/

[​IMG]

I wonder how this will work, can Kojima make Metal Gear Solid games or is Konami going to strangle it... I mean keep the rights to it.

Or maybe that Silent Hills game might come to fruition.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Insane logo!

Who care about MGS and SH, Zone of the Enders needs some attention.

A sequel to this please:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I have never played that.... it looks cool 9___9

Who holds the rights to the Fox Engine?

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Seriously, go grab pcsx2 and find the iso of Zoe 1 and 2 and play them. Easily the best mech games to exist.

Sony is really killing it this gen. I see no reason to own an X1.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    ^^^this

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I actually downloaded pcsx2 a while ago, funnily enough when you mentioned it... I think in this thread?..... I forget haha... then ended up never trying it.

Will have to give it a go.

11. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

when was HR released ??

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    2010, so 1 million a year for 3 years.

Why, does that suddenly make it a game that didn't sell well to prove your point?

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    1 million copies a year isn't much especially if the game was made with a budget , if they sold 3 million in the 1st year then it's cool if they don't sell as much in the following year

look at Resident evil 5 , as bad as people hated it the game sold almost 7 million copies since it came out http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/14/resident-evil-5-6-still-pulling-in-a-lot-of-cash-for-capcom/ , that is a good number for a game that came out 6 years ago and still sell

i love HR but the fact is the game doesn't sell as much as it should

14. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I agree. See avatar for proof ;)

15. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    RE5 was released on three different platforms... Of course it's going to sell more copies.

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It also came out a year earlier and that article is dated from this year.

So that's 3 years on the articles I linked. So not surprising that article lists a much higher number.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    But, MGSV came out on 5 different platforms. Last gen consoles, this gen consoles and the PC.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Pivot: Why Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain Sucks

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    MGS 5 doesn't suck, its a great but flawed game.

Story unfinished because konami are aholes, pushed hideo out the door so they could force the game out.

The engine is amazing runs great looks amazing, the lighting is spot on, i can tell time of day by the tone of the sun. The AI is solid especially for an open world game, controls are fluid.

Base building is fun until you get into the new need 4 or 5 fob stuff and silly amounts of materials to make anything.

It toned down the biggest flame on MGS being interactive movies and focused on gameplay. No 1.5 hour speed runs through the story just skipping cutscenes.

Yea the end missions are copy paste padding, instead of the last story arc.

I spent a ton of hours in mgs 5. Stealing everything not nailed down, finding new ways to take on bases, trying out new toys as i developed them, enjoying the scenery.

Damn tradegy that this will be the last true MGS game.

Love this and witcher 3 both goty titles.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im sorry, but while the word "suck" in the above post is used in a light hearted way, MGSV does suck. It sucks real bad and in everyway.

If anyone seriously thinks that the problem with past mgs's was the cut scenes, then they're missing the point of what mgs was about. Sure the engine is swell and all, but you've seen all the game has to offer by the third time you've had to do the same rescue mission again.

MGS from the very beginning was first and foremost about the story. It was about the cheesy dialogue, the over acting, the over dramatic characters and action scenes. It was never about stealth gameplay. The only reason the sort of gameplay that has been in mgs since the first on the PS1, being there, is because you cant subtitle a game "Tactical Espionage" and then go ahead and make it a bombastic FPS.

If so called fans are happy that MGSV ditched the real MGS formula, then those people are simply morons.

You complain of the way the previous games were made (might i remind you that atleast those games were coherent and finished products) Yet you praise this new take on the franchise, which is incoherent, lacks any form of logic in its design and has you doing the exact same mission types over and over and over again just to unlock new gadgets that are then use on those same missions over and over and over again.

Now, while Konami bares the majority of the responsibility for the way this, quite frankly, appalling game, ended up as, the whinging fake fans that wanted to be able to play MGS games but lacked the attention span and the coordination to the play the previous entries finally got their way as they always do. They destroyed what could easily be considered the finest IP to ever grace the gaming world.

Before this mess of an entry to the franchise, this IP was art, art like how gamers and the industry are always trying to get the rest of the entertainment industry and everyday folk to see it as. MGSV, in every way, sucks. It is a Frankenstein product, its story is a mess, its mission structure is something to be expected of a mobile pay2win game.

To even refer to this as "the last true" MGS says you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. This game couldnt be further from being a MGS game.

What are you going to tell me next? Muscle turns into fat?

The reaction to Quite is all the proof you need to see that gamers arent ready for mature content. They cant handle mature content. They're ashamed of mature content. They're embarrassed by mature content. Gamers are morons.

Seems you hit a nerve.

Merry Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015