Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Without any spoilers, you might want to reduce or slow down on getting staff members, you're going to hate having so many when you get to around missions 25-30 because you will need to look at every single staff member to check for something and let me tell you, sifting through 500+ staff is not fun.

2. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I got the Logitech G110 and it works

3. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Definitely this, so much this, i had 1000 men when this happened, was not amused:bang:

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    But you need the staff to increase the levels of the platforms

5. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    It certainly helps to sack a few E-E-E-E-E-Es after every mission. Goes a long way, its like washing your 2 dishes every day instead of the whole kitchen once a week. ;)

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    By the time you get to that point you can sack all your EEEEE and EEDEE staff, sure you expand but not by hundreds at a time, biggest jumps are like 40

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Alternatively, use the E rated staff as canon fodder for the missions you can send them out on!!! One sure way to lose one or five! :D

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    I keep all the C/D/E ranked staff on the security detail now since I have no major use for them (Unless they have actual skills such as helping with research.) and it doesn't matter too much if they die when another player attacks the FOB1 though last time it happened nearly the entire group got wiped out. :p
    (Which isn't too surprising I probably should add since when I reached the area and found the attacker - it seems you are forced to respond to invasions if they happen or are in progress when you play. - he was firing full auto with the rocket launcher, downside of the PC version with all the Cheat-Engine scripts and trainers I suppose.)

spoiler: (For about a bit after mission 20 or so I think it was, a certain in-game event.)
    During the three or so epidemic missions when you get a large part of your soldiers infected I did have to rely on some of the lower ranking ones to keep the basics functional though.. :D Thankfully by this time in the game you should have plenty of A and above ranked enemies in outposts and during missions but replacing a couple of hundred of them - staff currently numbers in nearly 700 NPC now - still took a while but it was worth it in the end as I now have very high levels overall with the various mother base functions.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Do you have to have a Forward Operating Base (FOB) because I am not liking the sound of the online integration at all. I do not like or play online multiplayer and one of the annoyances of the Dark Souls series was having people invade your game when you were in the middle of something else. I certainly do not want to have to defend my FOB every time sometimes "invades" it.

10. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    yeah cant stand the forced multiplayer aspect either, but i've logged over 60 hours and still haven't been invaded yet.

Edit just been invaded while i was in bed :)

Only lost a dozen men, but tbh my security staff are just the dregs from my other units when they get better staff so it's not the end of the world.

Oh and just in case anyone didn't know, don't have quiet as a buddy in mission 29 or 42, it might bork your save.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

11. DocStrangelove

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'll stay offline and sell all my heavy weaponry. I rather use the money for developments.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Ref"
    If you are online then after a certain mission you'll get a call from Miller (Or is it Ocelot? I'm not entirely sure as the voices are a bit distorted over radio.) anyway they'll ask you to establish a security detail (Leveling up this by sending good combatants here is required for some of the research projects too.) and then you get one of those forced tutorials where you have to do a certain amount of steps which in this case amounts to establishing of your first Forward Operating Base, doesn't cost anything but from that point on any extra staff that won't be able to fit on Mother Base will be sent here instead and risks being extracted by other players if they invade.
    (You can build a certain deterrent after a couple more missions but then again after a few more you'll gain immunity to said deterrent too so it doesn't work as a full stop and there's another backside to it too related to Karma or how to say to try and avoid possible spoilers, can also scrap said deterrent for a huge positive karma boost and hero points.)

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh ive yet to play W3 even though i got it for free with my GPU. I aint even played W2 although i played W1 but hardly played any of it.
    They aint going anywhere, one day i will install them.....maybe;)

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3050 RTX
    Just had my first encounter with new Metal Gear, bloody frightening being hunted by it.

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Yep, I like the old Snake Eater feel. Still they could have done a little more in terms of immersion. Only 20% through the game, the bosses so far seem pretty lame. Codec is missing, and face camo would be nice!

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    Spent five hours or so wandering the Afghan map with D-Dog tonight, just doing taking out enemy outposts and collecting resources. D-Dog really is useful for marking enemies, so much so that it makes things too easy at times. One thing I like is that the outposts repopulate with soldiers and resources but the equipment you destroyed stays that way.

Also, managed to get my first S-ranking in the mission where you have to eliminate the sniper (Quiet) and the only reason was that I knew she was fast and hard to hit (previous I was using a rocket launcher and she still dodged out of the way) so I came with an armoured vehicle I had fultoned out in the previous mission. It took me all of ten minutes to knock her out!

Finally, while I was visiting the Mother Base's medical platform to see a certain prisoner, I heard music being played through the speaker there - Ultravox's Dancing with Tears in My Eyes, Dead or Alive's You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) and True by Spandau Ballet. These are not in my cassette music collection so how do you get those (I could just copy the MP3s from my own music collection but are they hidden away in the game)?

Oh, and a brilliant, brilliant game. Soooooooooooooo addictive.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    That was awesome, wasn't it? Snake was running with Emmerich too but I managed to find a clear path behind the rocks and extract by helicopter literally as it found me! Very, very tense moment there!

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3050 RTX
    It took me a couple of attempts. If you hide long enough it sends out drones to scan for you.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Yeah it was freakin awesome, i had no idea what to do, that thing was so scary.
    I kept hiding behind a rock, every little move i made it came right back lol.

Then i called in a smoke strike on it, after that the chopper came down on the extraction zone.

20. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    I dropped supplies on her head, took her to half stamina, then she went to the river where she made a pretty rainbow (I presumed she was healing) so I dashed to her and CQC'd her. S-Rank gg easy.

Yeah you'll find more cassettes along the way.

Oh also, found a neat trick, you can fulton yourself away from somewhere if you use a large vehicle or container. Get ontop of the container/vehicle, place a fulton on it, then as the balloon inflates, you'll get a prompt on the fulton, follow the prompt and you can extract yourself away with the container/vehicle, so much quicker than calling for a helicopter or moving out of a hotzone. It actually makes me wonder why Snake can't fulton himself away from places.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015