METAL GEAR SOLID 4 scans

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Solid Snake 007, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
  2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Vega56 8GB
    Looks really beautiful and hey..... that's a Dutch site. LOL ;)

3. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY!!!
    man man man! i gotta save for a ps3 from now on!
    I'll do ANYTHING to play MGS4!
    can't wait to see what Kojima has in store for us this time.

OH MY GOD!! is that OTACON??? somebody gimme a hand, i'm having trouble picking my jaws off the floor... :eek:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  4. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
    Ja, das nen nederlandse site, cool hé! and yes, that's the older otacon, never saw such beautiful ingame shots!

for those who don't believe it's realtime, here's an ign article

Metal Gear Solid 4 Real Time at TGS

Konami builds up the hype for upcoming trailer.
    by Anoop Gantayat

September 8, 2005 - Kojima Productions, the Konami subsidiary headed up by Metal Gear Solid producer Hideo Kojima, has announced that its Tokyo Game Show showing for Metal Gear Solid 4 will consist of a trailer running on actual PS3 hardware. The site makes it clear that we won't be getting target rendered footage, but actual PS3-generated footage.

5. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    why does snake have a moustache? i mean why a big fat gray one?

6. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Damn Snake is old now. But anyways....MGS4 w00t w00t!!!!!

7. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
    Becuz, he's old, and he ages rapidly, they say it in mgs2, becuz he's a clone he ages fast! But still he kicks ass!

8. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
    [​IMG]

Here's the cast:

The first man is Vamp, you can see it becuz he has a bullethole in his forehead! Then its idd meryl I think, and then Raiden with his katana he got at the end of mgs2 and it looks like he and his girlfriend got Olga's baby, then Ocelot, then the great great Solid Snake, next to him Otacon, with his scientist robe, next to him, I think it looks like Big Boss with the eyepatch, and then I think it's Naomi Hunter!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  9. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    I thought that was Big Boss rather than Snake. Notice the eye patch?

Anyway those scans look amazing. I'll be getting a PS3 solely for that game.

10. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    I just didn't guess that old man was Snake himself, because of the eyepatch you know; but anyway, Snake's the man! young or old. geez... can anyone identify other characters from that poster?
    I could only make out Revolver Ocelot. I guess one of those girls is Meryl.
    Damn! I just can't wait! Hurry up Kojima, people are waiting!

11. GenerationGXX

GenerationGXX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX SLI
    ill be buying ps3. screw xbox 360.

12. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    yeah! long live the PlayStation!!
    besides, I don't give a damn if there aren't many games to play at the time the PS3 comes out, coz even if they released PS3 with only ONE game, and that game be MGS4, and no other games ever, I'd gladly take it.

13. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    what bout the next grand theft auto for ps3? that sounds the most awesome to me.

14. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    No, you have to get all the consoles or your limiting yourself it's going to be to many great game to go around, as far as MGS4 I just hope it's no a shoot'em up like some of the rumors going around

15. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    That Old man is Naked snake not Solid snake. That why he so old. Just wait for another screen shots.

16. OATKK

OATKK Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 1 GB
    In MSG3 the story's about the man call "Naked snake" or "Snake eater" not same as Solid snake in MSG 1-2.

17. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    FYI, Naked Snake, aka Big Boss, was killed by Solid Snake long before Shadow Moses. I haven't played those other old MGS games which deal with this part of the story, but I've read the plot. Besides, if you remember in MGS2 it's pretty obvious that Big Boss is dead.

18. glock38

glock38 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 285 2GB
    Then how come he has an eye patch in those screens???

19. solidsnake313

solidsnake313 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Albatron GF9500 GT 1GB
    1. Big Boss wasn't the only man who ever had an eyepatch in the entire history!
    2. When Big Boss is dead, he's dead! so he can't be brought back to life. Besides, if you read the bottom of that big poster Solid Snake 007 has posted, it says that it is Solid Snake who plays the hero in this game.
    3. It only says that MGS4 takes place after MGS2, but not RIGHT after it, there's definitely some time later. Perhaps Snake has had an accident in the military or something, and that really fits Kojima's style, to leave some incidents in the past unknown, and reveal them gradually throughout the game.
    4. I guess releasing these images is Kojima's brainchild in making MGS fan think about it. I think he'll soon give us some more shots that will reveal some facts.
    5. To be honest, I even doubt that's Solid Snake! He DOES age fast, yeah, but isn't that tooo fast??

Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  20. Solid Snake 007

Solid Snake 007 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia gffx 5950 ultra
    Fist of all, Solid Snake has 2 different eyes, one green and one glass one, you can see it clearly in some of the cutscenes in mgs2

[​IMG]

Look, he has 2 different eyes! Right eye is his glass one, so, I think he put in a blue eye in mgs4, and his real green eye is hidden behind that high tech visor thingie that makes him see through walls and stuff!

TGS 2005: First Metal Gear Solid 4 details

Surprising trailer will show an older soldier that resembles Solid Snake, hinting at a futuristic timeline.

Director Hideo Kojima's trailers for the Metal Gear Solid series have always contained surprises. Back when Metal Gear Solid 2 was first shown, audiences at the Tokyo Game Show were fascinated by the high-quality graphics rendered in real time on the PlayStation 2, with some visitors mistaking that it was a prerendered movie. Metal Gear Solid 3's trailer teased gamers by hinting that it would take place during the Cold War, making everyone wonder who the main character was. The trailer for Metal Gear Solid 4 that will be shown during the Tokyo Game Show 2005 this weekend will undoubtedly surprise fans of the series once again.

It's only a matter of days before Konami shows off its first real trailer of Metal Gear Solid 4 at the Tokyo Game Show, and the latest issue of Famitsu disclosed preliminary details on what event attendees will be seeing. As gamers may expect, the trailer will show how Metal Gear Solid 4 will be the most realistic-looking MGS yet, thanks to the PlayStation 3's high-quality graphics.

But the greatest change in Metal Gear Solid 4 may not be on its surface. In what may come as a huge surprise to gamers, screenshots in Famitsu show a character resembling series hero Solid Snake--as an elderly man with gray hair, wrinkles, and a moustache. Though the older man hasn't been confirmed as Solid Snake, he seems to have all the hero's trademarks, including a gray bandana, a muscular physique, and the habit of smoking cigarettes. The man wears a mechanical patch on his left eye (making him look similar to Metal Gear Solid 2's Solidus Snake), which seems to be a high-tech scope connected to his new small mech partner, Metal Gear Mark II. Metal Gear Mark II looks identical to the robot that appeared in Konami's classic game Snatcher, one of Kojima's early works. A screenshot from another scene shows a man resembling Otakon, who looks like he's in his 30s or 40s.

Other screenshots hint that Metal Gear Solid 4 will take place in a desolate, futuristic city rather than in a jungle like Metal Gear Solid 3. Soldiers, tanks, and two-legged mechs are seen on the roads. Talking to Famitsu, director Kojima confirmed that Metal Gear Solid 4 will take place in a war zone. The game will feature multiple countries waging external wars and suffering from internal strife. Kojima plans to add realism to the relationships between Snake and the countries to make it more than just a simple character-enemy relationship. For example, if Snake kills a soldier from one country, he may end up allying with its opponent.

Kojima says that he hopes to make Metal Gear Solid 4 more "natural" than previous installments in the series. With the hardware shift to the PlayStation 3, the developers will be able to give natural motions and facial expressions to the characters--eliminating the need for exclamation points to appear above soldiers' heads when they recognize something.

During the Electronic Entertainment Expo, Kojima said that he wanted to develop elements that weren't "visible by the eye" in Metal Gear Solid 4. He revealed to Famitsu his plans to include "mind games," which will have opponents' concentration depend on their mental condition. For example, soldiers may become weaker if they get intimidated.

For fans of Metal Gear Solid 2's Raiden, Kojima confirms that he will be making a comeback in Metal Gear Solid 4.

GameSpot will have more details on Metal Gear Solid 4 from the floor of the Tokyo Game Show.

By Staff, GameSpot POSTED: 09/14/05 11:23 AM