Metal Gear Solid 4 - got it, what do you think....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 12, 2008.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Really good once I got to the end.

I was half expecting alot more deaths at the end, like some bad movie, but thankfully there wasn't.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Damn..iam @ the act 4 too..it is great idea to come to the island whenre it all began.

And i have problem with CRYING WOLF in the snows u know..how to kill her? i shoot shoot..send by bazookasgrenade launchers..everything but she alwyas hit a little and then runs away..damn take too long. any help? or it is normal that it takes that long?

3. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i beat her last nite, best thing to do is sneak around witht he sniper rifle so she cant see you, turn night vision on and actually shoot her, not the dog/hound machine she is in, not that difficult to be fair.

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    HER? not to dog? hmm..tis explains why she is very visible to NV googles..i didnt try sniper thing..thanx.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Does anybody here play it online ?
    ive tried it last weekend, was really funny.
    mainly i was only runnin around like a mad man, trying to knive people lol. and at sniping is fun too :)

6. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i wanted to finshe the game befoee i startwed online, shouldnt be too long now.

7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    WOOOOOOOOTT??? MGS is about the story and gameplay NOT about destructable environment..... playing through the series you can see the best fighting, drama and love scenes ever made....better then in any game or movie.... almost every scene has its greater message... about love, courage, patriotism.... the best game ever made.... 10/10 from me....

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  8. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Just use the grenade launcher to stun and then switch to the grenades and show goes down really fast. First time i played i got her attention by killing a few of the guards then she came running towards me. Best thing to do is shoot her before she shoots you and then she goes running off again.

9. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I killed her after a few tries on European Extreme and the trick was to wait till she is out of shell to use the Rail-Gun. Get the big-ass anti material sniper gun and aim for the head, should knock quarter of her health off.
    Always have your NV on so easily see where to aim.

Once you hit her once, she will flee and find another spot to snipe from, just follow her footsteps with NV and sniper again, always follow her in a direct direction or you get these random mini cutscenes as she is running towards, if you don't get find cover, she will 1-hit you.
    Just rinse and repeat and remember, when she is in Beauty form, use non-lethal means to get her beauty mask ;) Stun Nades work well. I personally only had about 7 tranq bullets for each so I was lucky to get it done (pistol and sniper rifle)

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    what does using non-lethal means when the bosses are in beauty form do??

11. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    You get the Beauty Masks, just for show though.

12. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ow rite, aint going bother keeping them alive then.

13. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    I proned under the tank looking towards the main building to left of me, using a suppressed EBR I waited till she walked passed my scope. Firing a couple of rounds gives your position away to her and try to shoot you. Tank protects you from her rail gun and you get about 3-4 shots to her head. Do that a about 4 times and your good. If she takes to long coming out of hiding, crawl out from under the tank and draw her out...she will howl and come after you faster. Once she gets close or in range crawl back under the tank and shoot. I say Raging Raven gave me the hardest challange, next to laughing octopus.

14. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    Would anybody recommend me buying the game? I have never played MGS, so not sure if this is worth the investment (or maybe save for Bad Company..?)

Id like an opinion from non-MGS hardcore fanboys please!

15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I had a go at mgs1 on the ps1 and i didnt like it, tbh i had reservations about buying mgs4 as i have never liked any game that is too stealthy so for me it was a £37.00 risk, and after laying out my money i can say it was worth it the background story is explained thoughout the game also i went here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303161 and had a good time learning the story, i went through the game killing almost everthing but when you do want to stealth its easy just dont move and pick a good spot, one of the best gaming experiences of all time, and this is the only mgs game i have played.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    @people who gave help about how to kill that girl. thanx

@JxL: this is not just a game. This is also some product that u can define as a high class movie that ualso participate in it. this is a product for a console that u must buy and put to ur CLASSIC GAMESOF ALL TIMES list. Dont just play but also watch it. OFCOURSE do not skip any conversation or cinematic. watch it like a movie. and have fun.

17. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    anybody else find those final cutscenes a little ummm what?....

it was zero who must return to 1 so he can become 20, big mama knew all along that the patriots sexually abused me big daddy along with your other clone, solidus whos president but is dead but liquid who isnt liquid but is ocelot whos hypnatised and you are you but i am who and blah blah blah.........my head still bloody hurts.

so essentially, you were fighting the bad guys who wernet bad, but your good bu tthe guys you work for aint good and ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh ahh i wanna runaway and cry as i feel so stupid.

game still rocks though, so stfu to the 'i dont wanna buy it' peeps :D

yes im just a little drunk

18. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
  19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    I raced through the first chapter with no kills or detections and skipped all the cutscenes, on normal difficulty.

Took me an hour and 10 mins.

Much less compared to the 4 hours odd for the first time.

20. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Just finished Act 1 with no alerts, food used, continues or kills in around 56 minutes on European Extreme :p Was so frustrated by the end of it! So continues don't count, you've got to click 'Exit' and load your save! Back and forth, back and forth! Argh!