Metal Gear Solid 4 - got it, what do you think....

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by boodikon, Jun 12, 2008.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    is there a demo of msg? i havnt fired up my ps3 in a few weeks now lol and i'm too lazy to check. but no way i'm buying it less i play it cause i'm really picky about 3rd person titles

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    OMG! my game arrived to me @ office..i cant breath..my hands r shaking..i must GO HOME!!..iam the BOSS...willl i let myself ? NO! Thnigs must be done first :(

by the way game is 720...not 1080..according to box.

EDIT: nd iam realy expecting a good THIRD PERSON SHOOTER experience next to STORY..i want to play MGS in Third person view like GTA4...PLS GOD PLS TPS TPS TPS.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  3. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  4. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    no demo at the minute i dont think.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i read the manual. iam ready to rumble..BRING IT ON...i hope game is not SHORT..iam not a guy who sits and plays for 4 hours...infact i bough this also as a reason i like to see; modern warfare with modern weapons with tactical combat...priceless.

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ive played about 8-9 hours already and just under half way through.

7. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    i have been playing it solid (lol) for 2 days now.

as you know im a cynical guy but for the first time ever i am happy!.

this is the best game i have ever played full stop, i am in love with this game!!!.

only 1 tiny negative is the rather crazy story with zeros/liquids/bigboss/bigmama it just gets to crazy on those cutscenes to really know whats going on, but i get the jist of it and im happy.

10/10 in my book, simply awesome

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn time has come..iam going..somebody drive m ycar..iam too much excited..i hope it wont BLOW :(

EDIT: This......this.......i cant breath help......This is MADNESS!!!!!! HIDEO u r INSANE!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  9. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Metal Gear Solid 4 Data Base now available for free from PSN. Basically in-depth media about anything in MGS. Good for those who havent played any MGS games or missing is chapter from the saga.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Man, what a masterpiece..this is the game that i always talking for..a good thirdperson camera..very useful. i mean. after GTA4 i was afraiding to see a bad TPS camera and control but this is just what i always wanted. very easy game..i started in the second difficulty level... i wonder how the hardest is.

And sorry english is not my native language and some parts i couldnt understand due lack of my english vocabulary knowledge.

Can u explain me why snake got old? i mean he has some ageing problem but te reason? they talked about it but i miss that part...

11. crue7

crue7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 275gtx 896mb
    *SPOILERS*
    Because he has a rapid ageing disorder. He ages quickly because he is a clone. The game goes on to explain why clones were made to die quicker but I won't dwell into it.

12. crue7

crue7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 275gtx 896mb
    Rent it? Your gonna miss out on one of the best games ever made!

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yesterday night i met with FOXhound unit..we made our way together through that garage and i stopped game there..i think they will keep explainin that age problem later..but can u now tell me why they die earlie? :DSPOIL it comon!

14. Smellybumlove

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    haha you are not supposed to know yet, but anyway its pretty obvious.

carry on into act 2 and all is explained, or rather all is explained in hideos own twisted way.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    This is goty for me unless bethesda pulls off a miracle and makes fallout 3 awsome, i can dream anyway.

But ya this game is 10/10 for me.

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    on act 4 at the minute, probably the best game ive played this year so far, possibly my favourite game of all time, i duno yet.

17. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    i got it , yay . well i havnt played a mgs4 before so its a bit confusing the stealth machenism atm , am i supposed to stealth all the way through the middleast espacially through battles??
    and dont u think guys that the hotel where i meet my informant have a bit bland textures the walls and the floor?

18. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    Just completed the game and i have to say this is in my top 3 games of all time, after completing i got a rank of 14 a hawk i think, i will play again but on a harder level. i did play a bit gung ho through this time next time im going to play more stealth.

If there was a metal gear film do you think Josh Holloway "sawyer in lost", Gerard Butler "sparta" would play a good part.

19. Smellybumlove

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    clocked it a few days ago after a 12 hour red bull endurance run.....

-spoilers-

well the ending is dissapointing and pretty long, confusing and boring... its such a shame for it to end in such a way, it really did almost bring a tear to my eye, but i wont let the ending change my feelings for this game, it is pure gold 10/10.

20. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    Completed it at 3 am this morning after an epic 8+ hour sesh on it yesterday. So far this is GOTY for me, that last battle man, so damn pumped, it was awesome! The only complaint I had was the ending was so damn long, but you have to watch it to tie everything up. One of the best games I've ever played I think, certainly going back through it to get the secrets and bonuses and try and improve my ranking. This is 10/10 material no doubt.