Men's skin care: Nivea for Men vs L'Oreal Men Expert vs Olay for Men

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by robert1990, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Has to beeeee

2. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Honestly I just use Sainsbury's basics cheap disinfectant. I rub it all over my body and I have perfect unblemished skin. I also but washing powder into my baths too.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    what the

4. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720

5. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Haha lol :) too old for that..
    I'm already good looking anyway without any special treatment :D

Yea maybe you should put more attention to your skin. So which one you choose, nivea, olay, or l'oreal?

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Some of us do have sensitive facial skin.

Anyways, most of the "for men" products are the same as the women's with the name changed and the price jacked up. I just use whatever the girls around are using at the moment because it usually works and it's the same friggin skin at the end of the day.

And how insecure do you need to be to call skin products "gay"?

7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I have been using this for what seems like years. Use it in the morning and before I go to sleep. I am so used to the clean feeling that if I don't use it for a day, it just feels awkward and I feel oily. I can't stand that feeling.
    Honestly, I get a lot of compliments on my skin, even from straight guys. Guys with acne have asked me what I use. I don't have acne by the way. This is probably the reason why I still look 18, when I'm 28, along with proper eating and fitness.
    [​IMG]
    To keep your skin clearer, you have to find out what causes pimples and just limit your intake of it or stay away from it. My cause of pimples is chocolate, so that's not a problem for me to stay away from it. Also wash or wipe your face with water at least a few times a day. Not hard to do every time you use the restroom.

8. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    depends on what your skin is sensitive to. i can't use anything with any type of oil in it (other than mineral), not even lotions, without breaking out. I use nivea, just found one with absolutely no oil in it a lot of them have like weird types of oil, like grape seed oil, or aloe vera oil. As another person mentioned a lof of them are the same crap you can get for women, just with a higher price and fancier labeling

9. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I don't like nivea stuff, I find it too oily. I've found a brand in the UK that is pretty darn good, Bulldog. No idea if you can find it elsewhere though.

And I don't have any insecurities about the size of my manhood which I need to hide by acting tough on the interwebz :)

10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    my face when this thread, all of my why, etc
    [​IMG]

11. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I think he means men getting in touch with their feminine side. Speaking of which, I'm late for my bikini wax. :banana:

[​IMG]

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  13. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Chuck Norris hates face cream

14. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    But Chuck Norris had a face lift. lol

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Chuck Norris endorsed WOW.
    Permanent loss of man card.

16. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX

* Chuck Norris don't use face cream. When he needs to, he just pulls his old face off.

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Right, somewhat inspired by this thread i decided to take a look online at some mens skincare products... yeah thats some amazing crap right there! Not having a go at things that are aimed to treat acne or designed with extra sensitive skins in mind but all that frikkin anti-ageing crap!

What the hell is so wrong in growing old ? It's natural and it happens and there aint gonna be a single cream, paste, lube or pill thats going to somehow stop it. 46 quid for this stuff!!! http://www.boots.com/en/Lab-Series-Max-LS-Age-Less-face-cream_1045531/

what the hell!

And i like how advertising basically aims to put us in the mindset that all this sort of stuff is somehow vital to our survival.

Mankind has gone through all sorts of crap for thousands of years, we been through wars, natural disasters and whatnot so i'm pretty sure we'll manage for a few thousand more without some dumbass creams.

18. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    some people just have really high vanity, despite the cost or treatment. personally, if i had the cash flow, i wouldn't mind paying a little bit for some
    facial wash or cream that made me look better, why not prolong something i have and get the most out of it? haha

19. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I have a bottle of some kind of greasy cream that smells absolutely nothing I bought like 6 years ago for around $1 that I use every now and again when my face dries out - which happens sometimes in the winter as I live in a cold place. Other than that I'd never want to put anything in my face, I don't like the feeling of it. Yuck.

I wash my face with the same anti-bacterial soap I use on my hands. Works just fine.

20. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Lol you're all going to have horrible skin in your 50s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.