memtest86 Problems

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Freedom Eclipse, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Freedom Eclipse

Freedom Eclipse Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    Right guys, a few of you will remember that I posted about having slight stability problems with my X2 3800+ (manchester) when overclocked. somebody suggested that I run memtest86.

its taken me a while to get around to it, but i finally got it done & the end result is, it keeps on coming up with errors within 10-15seconds. even when its running at stock speeds it will keep coming up with errors.

Ive tried running the test with just my Corsair XL Pro's then i did the same with my OCZ platinum rev.2's & still error. I even went to the point where I raided my dads pc for his ram & tested it hoping that it wasnt something wrong with my hardware. but each time the end result is the same. errors after 10-15seconds.

I tried the test out on my laptop & it worked for 30seconds or so before hitting an error.

since then my pc has been randomly freezing/crashing for no apparant reason. Ive even default all the settings in the bios just to make sure that, that wasnt the problem.

Could it be that Ive damaged my hardware???

I am due a new system build (codename Arizona) but i was hoping to at least get this system into SLi gear & wait a few months before I built the new system.

at the moment I am pretty skint even though I am working. if it is indeed a hardware problem then I have a cyanide pill hidden inside my G7 mouse.......

any suggestions????

2. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Could be the motherboard because if the errors are coming up no-matter what ram you put in then it looks that way.

3. Freedom Eclipse

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    NoOoooOoo!!!!!! do you know how hard it is to get a 939 mobo these days?? :( how do you explain the errors on my laptop?? Ive never overlocked my laptop or anything

4. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Not that hard, ive got 2 sitting in my cubboard lol

I'd maybe download memtest, burn it to CD again just to make sure. Seems wierd the laptop is the same aswell.

5. Freedom Eclipse

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 970
    ive got 2 939 mobos lying around also (one working & one not) all MSI K8N Neo2 Platinums lol but i doubt the MSI would support dual core.I would also have to resort to using my X850XT pe :( *sigh*

I will try downloading & burnng memtest again

EDIT

just downloaded & burnt the CD again, same result errors. Im starting to think that my system is on its way out......

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  6. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ow unlucky mate, tell ya wot if ya want a board PM me!!!