Memory Timing!!!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by r0k0, Jul 14, 2005.

1. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    Yeah i have some SwissBits memory and i was wundering if the memory timing is at 3-3-3-8 and i changed it to be faster should i go up (3-4-4-8?) or go down (3-2-2-7) which is the fastest and i dont have memory cooler so push it to much for me please thx

P.S tell me which is the fastest not the exemple i gave you lol i dont know if i can do that lol thx again

2. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    Lower is faster. I hope you know how to clear (reset) the Bios. Be sure you know all your settings in case it starts beeping.

3. r0k0

r0k0 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 H20
    default is 3-3-3-8 but my friend said to put it at 3-4-4-8 is it faster or slower?

thx

4. dismal

dismal Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP / 81.94
    test this out

If the lower latencies such at 3-2-2-7 make your system unstable then test this out and it is still a considerable speed difference from what you are running at. Most PC3200 RAM and up have no problem running at 2.5-3-3-7. These are great and solid timings. I really doubt 3-2-2-7 would be stable, you never want your Cas-to-Ras(3) to be lower than your Cas(2.5) Any sticks that do a 2-2- also have a CAS of 2. The suggestion by the poster above with almost any ram on the market would not even work out. You don't want a CAS of 3 and a CAS to RAS of 2, it dosent make sense.

2.5-3-3-7 are the magic numbers for RAM that is NOT MEANT to run at low latencies. Lower is NOT always faster- LOWER = MORE ERRORS = SLOWER for ram that is not built to support such timings.

Peace

...dismal...

5. F!shyz0r

F!shyz0r Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6600GT 128MB @ 560 / 1150
    the lower the timings the faster. the higher the timings the slower but your system will be more stable...