1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory performance drop when overclocking my Ryzen

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by frangojones, Apr 27, 2018.

1. frangojones

frangojones New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3 GB
    Hello friends, I am new here in the forum and I have a problem regarding my Ryzen.

When I overclock on my R5 1600 the memory band decreases quite as per the following images. My memories are in the factory default, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2400 Mhz CL12, 1.2v but when I overclock the processor, memory band performance drops a lot.

I already tested with an OS installed from scratch and the same thing happens. When the processor is not overclocked the memory performance is OK according to the frequency used. Logic that an overclock in memory ensures better numbers.

Something tells me that it is some BIOS-related issue that is not working properly or as it should. I'm using version 4.70, the last released by Asrock on my AB350 Pro4.

It seems to me that the infinity fabric is working against the hand of what it should.

Look at the pictures attached and please respond.

The first image shows the processor in default and the second overclocked image but there is a considerable drop in memory performance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kool64

Kool64 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    It's the latest AGESA code. It's crap for the 1k series Ryzens. If you want to roll back you'll need to follow these directions as AMD blocked the ability to roll back to the older AGESA code.

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=302638.0 this should work even for your ASRock however it is at your OWN RISK. I might suggest going to the ASRock site to see if they posted similar instructions on their forums.

3. frangojones

frangojones New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3 GB
    Thanks a lot for the help, my friend ... your comment was accurate, but before I saw your message I thought I would revert to the penultimate BIOS and did not even know it could be a problem and I'll tell you that I HAD LUCK THEN. Last night I did the "downdate" and everything was settled. Now I can make over in the processor that the memories keep the same performance.

Honestly, I do not think AMD is bad, but until my 7700K i7 I never had any problems and I also never had to make so many adjustments for something to run right.

I am studying the return to Intel but here in Brazil everything is very expensive .. The second generation of the Ryzen is with the prices very high and somehow, this R5 1600 running at 3.9ghz with only 1.27 of voltage I think it looks great.

4. Kool64

Kool64 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    you got a good chip compared to mine. I could only get it to 3.9 on 1.35V and now I can't get a stable OC at all. The new BIOS from MSI wrecked my computer even after the rollback. I have a 1600X that can't even do 3.8 :(. I'm glad the downgrade went smoothly for you.

5. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid

Possible throttling?