Meme makers beware/ Lol

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Jul 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Wow...I wish I could type my feelings that good...well said Bro!

yeah but you did agreed to closing my thread!...isn't that censorship!/ No?

2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Great Point Jax!......I think we've all been cool here though!.....

its kind of hard to debate without disagreeing somewhat...If we all thought the same way!....what good would a topic be?

boring stuff we all agree with?....that would be the real fake news.

But yes...this Thread has run aground/ Please close Boss...Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Yes, this has been a very thought provoking thread and absolutely right: you can not debate without disagreement. How you handle it speaks volumes.

Remind me of a toast I heard:

Here's to you and here's to me,
    the best of friends we'll ever be,
    but if we ever disagree,
    to hell with you and here's to me

Lol, :>)

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

totally agree Bro!

[​IMG]

:D

6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    New one again!.../Lol

7. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    I remember that cartoon!!! Though watched it on a black and white tv. Had 3 channels, 1 fuzzy until you got the antenna right...sometimes.

P.S. You know how you hear about the "good old days"? I call Bull Sh!t!!!

Give me progress any day!!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  9. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hahaha....we grew up on that cartoon Lol^.....

You a cool Dude JaxMac!......we can agree to disagree and still get along Bro!...

:cheers:

10. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Ubet air, cheers mate! :>)

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Hey Jax!....do you remember this one?

hahaha...:D

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There is no "right" way....but there is a definite wrong way. The way the current "conservative" Republicans are handling health care is definitely the wrong way. Ripping health insurance away from people that actually need it is always going to be the wrong way. The only way to do something right, is to listen to all ideas and compile a list of those that best help everyone. Based on everything I've seen and read, the current administration is out to do as much harm as possible to the middle and lower income classes, while benefiting corporations and the rich as much as possible.

13. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Yosemite Sam and Foghorn Leghorn were two of my favorites. :>)

14. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    I largely agree with what you just said, although I don't think they are being intentionally malicious towards the lower class. I just think they're happy to neglect them in favor of catering to their interests. It's still bad, but I do see a difference in the intent.

I don't think Single-Payer healthcare is the golden solution that some liberals have made it out to be. Private insurances has it's pro's and cons, but so does full on government health care. Personally, I'd like to see Medicare expanded into a Public Option, like was discussed back when the Affordable Care Act was taking shape. I think that could be a solid middle-ground.

15. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Hey you remember Southern Bugs Bunny?

I guess we gonna ride this thread out with old cartoons/ Lol

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I find it hard to believe that screwing over the middle and lower class isn't their intent given statements by several Senators and Representatives. One went so far as to state that people with pre-existing conditions don't deserve to have health insurance. Funny enough, most of the country has a pre-existing condition of some sort, if you go by the list of "pre-existing conditions" listed within the AHCA.... They want to switch from subsidized health insurance to "tax credits", which require people to actually have the money to pay upfront in the hopes of being reimbursed later. If you're struggling to afford health insurance now, you won't be able to afford it at all under the (rather pathetically and improperly named) "American Health Care Act".... They also plan huge cuts to Medicaid...which will hurt the lower income classes.

There's been talks of cutting or even gutting Social Security and claims that social security is hurting the economy and increasing national debt. The problem is, Social Security was setup to be a self-funding system. The Gov't chose to take money out of social security to spend as they see fit. Now that they've attempted to spend Social Security out of existence, the Gov't has to pay back all the money they essentially stole. Social Security isn't hurting the Gov't, the Gov't has been hurting Social Security.

They also have this stupid idea that cutting taxes for the wealthy and businesses will suddenly spur jobs...which is a false belief, as proven by Reagan.... It was known as "Trickle Down Economics" or "Reaganomics" while Reagan was in office and it did an amazing amount of damage to the economy. Businesses only hire people when there's a need. Not because they got a tax break.

If you can't see that their intent is to harm the middle and lower economic classes, you're just as blind to facts as airbud is.

Oh yeah, there's also the proposed "voucher system" for Medicare....because we all know voucher systems work so well....

17. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Again, I'm in roughly 85% agreement with you - the plans are bad and they come from a fundamentally flawed way of thinking. But the last 15%, the part about intent, is really important.

The problem here is you're demonizing them as a way of explaining their ideas and actions. They aren't demons (well, most of them anyway), they just have a set of beliefs that you and I don't share. If you listen to Republican pundits who take the time to clearly explain their position, what the Republican party is doing makes sense: They view health care as a product, rather than a piece of the infrastructure like the Fire Department.

I'm not saying they're right. I'm saying you should take the time to understand how their core beliefs differ from your own, and you should be honest about why they are proposing the plans they are proposing. If you twist their motives to paint them as the villain, all you're doing is turning them against you. Once you've painted someone as evil, the opportunity for discussion is over.

Straight up: This is why Trump won the election.

If every conversation like this turns into an ideological purity test, you're going to be the powerless minority. If you look at anyone who doesn't agree with you 100% as "conspiring with the enemy", you're going to lose on every single issue.

I'm an independent in the middle who leans left on social policies, but is allergic to identity politics. You just put me in the same box as a Trump fan - does that seem like a way to help build support for the policies you'd like to see implemented?

It's a terrible idea, and I don't think it would work.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Closed at OP request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.