1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medical Advice lol

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by killerxr290, Sep 26, 2010.

1. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    So... i managed to stab my self in my finger with a screw driver... how dose not matter :p but im not sure if i should go to a&e with it or not..

The cut is deep, about 0.5cm in length.. the bit that concerns me is that while cleaning it out i could see the fat under my skin poking out the cut :puke2: kinda made me feel sick :(

Im also out of plasters and so is the local shop! ugh..

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Sounds pretty gross man. Just go get someone to look at it, don't be lazy.

3. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    not lazy...

My bike is in bits atm, its sunday so **** is closed and i live in the middle of no where, where exactly do you think im gonna go?

Ill just wait till tomorrow and see my GP... I was foolish to think i would get a helpfull answer here

4. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    wash it with soap and water and apply some antibiotic ointment .tomorrow go to the local doctor and he will apply a dressing and its better to start some oral antibiotic also

5. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    TY, thats what i thought i should do, ive cleaned it best i can with some antiseptic wipes and put a plaster on it for now. Hurst like a SOB tho :(

6. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Just keep cleaning it out and then keep it covered. It sounds painful and from how you've described it quite gruesome too, so I'd definitely get it checked out as soon as you can.

7. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    In the olden days people just washed it out and wrapped it in a rag and hoped they wouldn't need an amputation. Just do the first of the three till tomorrow.

8. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    What have you been doing with the screwdriver? If your not up to date it is best to get yourself a tetnis booster.

9. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    tetnis is up to date so ok there. i was trying to undo a screw.. isnt that what a screw driver is for? :p

10. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 980/290X
    I've had this happen twice on different fingers, I washed it out with rubbing alcohol, pushed everything back to where it should be and put a bandage (band-aid) on it. Healed fine, slight surface scare.

11. .:JeeBus:.

.:JeeBus:. Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond Raedon HD 6850
    And to stab people.

12. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps using it to do oily screws up on a car or undoing a computer case etc- but anyway tetanus is not an issue if your immunised

13. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    working in engineering, ive had loads of cuts, you get used to whats bad or not.

I sliced my finger on razor sharp metal, Boss was like put germaline on it, (his quick fix for everything it seemed).

But wasnt convinced, i dont drive, but the 1.5 hour walk to the hospital, didnt detour me, i mean it wassnt my legs that were hurt.

Wasnt as bad as i assumed, and loctite was all that was needed to seal it, stitches not required.

So i suggest you do go now ASAp, just to get it checked out, i know hospitals are busy, but hey, when you pay NI your entitled to get it sorted out or looked at.

What were you doing by the way.....

rule 1, never cut towards yourself
    rule 2 never have hand in way when using screwdrivers

dont have the knoledge obviously as our Mr. Rifle grunt, so bow to his knoledge.

Help you assemble the pc, no probs mate, help reassemble you, sorry.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  14. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    I was trying to undew a rather stuck screw on the speedo cable for my bike, as it was not working.. screw driver slipped out of the screw and went into my index finger :(

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    When you have cleaned it, put some (clean & unused) toilet paper around it (not too tight) and some duck tape (or something similar) to make sure it stays at it's place.

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    IANAMD

tetanus is still a fatal disease, if you haven't had a shot in 5 years you need to go in and get one. Also get a stitch or two if the fat is poking through.

17. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I know this sounds like a smart assed answer, but I'm serious...
    Is it's a fairly clean cut, first clean it, obviously.
    You can use super glue to seal it, and stop the bleeding.There's something in it that is antibacterial as well as forming a bond.It was used a lot in the field in Viet Nam.

It burns for a minute, but that goes away pretty quickly.I, and guys at my old job did it for years.Sometimes, even stitches can be avoided.

18. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    As far as disinfectants are concerned, iodine is the best there is. Also if you have any antibiotic powder or creme, you should apply some just to be on the safe side. I seriously doubt that it cannot wait until tomorrow. Btw, where on your finger did you stab yourself? The tip?

19. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Clean with fresh water, clean with alcohol (vodka ftw) and put some bandages on it..
    You'll be fine in a couple of days..

I've cut my upper right leg years ago when a heavy plastic barrels handle that I was getting out of the basement broke..
    The handle was in my hand, but the barrel with the sharp edge slammed on my leg and I had a nice 0.7cm deep and 20cm long cut that was bleeding like hell..
    I've poured some vodka on it, and put bandages on. After a week it was all fine (except for the scar that's still there :) )

20. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    Hydrogen Peroxide (dilute) is also a good antibacterial cleaner