Media Player Classic - Home Cinema / MPCBE THREAD UPDATED

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by BetA, Sep 7, 2010.

1. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb

im using 1.6.1

[​IMG]

download
    https://www.free-codecs.com/downloa...7dd9dc37f271db29ede5036&s=876&r=&f=mpc-be.htm

Valken likes this.
  2. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Hi BetA,

Maybe you can help with the following issue.

Using mpchc can play movies (any resolution) without any problems, if the connection between the pc and tv is via hdmi and between the pc and monitor is also hdmi.
    Short version: using two hdmi connections without any problems.

If the monitor is connected via display port (pc to monitor), than something strange happens.
    While watching a movie, if I power on the monitor, the player jumps from the tv to the monitor (this happens if a display port connection/cable is used).

The setup is: extended desktop, the monitor being the primary (nvidia control panel).
    Nowadays most gpus doesn't come with two hdmi connectors, which seem to be the only solution so far.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I get a similar issue using a TV and PC monitor. Monitor as main display, TV as extended display.
    Before watching movies I switch displays entirely so the TV only is being used.

Reason being:
    if I start playing the movie "full screen" on the TV while the monitor is on as primary display, then turn the monitor off, it will take a while before things settle and playback continues ok on the TV.
    But if I then make the movie none full screen (ie to use the PC for a moment), making it full screen again sends the video to a position that isnt in view. The only fix is to turn the monitor on as the primary display again and re-open the movie so it appears on the TV again.
    I can then close it and regain control of where it opens next if using a single display.

Short version, for a simple life:
    If you use one screen, dont turn on/off another screen while the movie is playing.
    If you use 2 displays while playing a film, leave them both on all of the time.
    Anything else can mess you around.

NightWind likes this.
  4. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Hi Mufflore!

Yes, you are right. Thanks for the tips.
    Still cannot figure out if the operating system or the nvidia driver is causing the problem.
    If the gpu has two hdmi outputs, using those two everything works fine.
    Would be nice to find a fix for this if possible.

5. NightWind

NightWind Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG 2060 Super
    Found a solution, if someone has the same issue of wanting/using two displays while watching a movie with HDR, here is the description of a setting that solved the above issue.
    Go to:
    madVR - rendering - general settings - enable automatic fullscreen exclusive mode (enabled/disabled)