Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.6.6

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Mr_ALLroy, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Highlights of this release:
    •Uncompressed RAR files can now be played directly in MPC-HC, drag any .rar or part file (.r00, .r01, etc.) into the player to play it (thanks to RARFileSource)
    •The Subtitle menu now shows all available subtitle tracks including the tracks offered by the splitter
    •“Now playing” information can now be sent to Skype’s mood message, MSN support has been removed
    •VSync is now turned off by default due to playback issues, if you have Aero on you already have VSync and will not notice the difference
    •The hotkeys related to D3D Fullscreen and Frame Time Correction have changed to avoid accidental activation
    •The external filter list has been split for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the player, your current filter list will automatically be corrected

Download

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Thank you for the link. I usually get the player updated with my K-Lite media codec pack.

3. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    What's the difference between this and VLC?

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    VLC has its own codecs and is pretty good as a generally 'it just works' solution, but you may miss out on some improvements or benefits.
    Last time I used it, it didnt allow GPU video acceleration, that may be different now.

MPC will use the codecs you install, which makes it usable for other mods, like SVP (Smooth Video Project).
    It also includes support for 10bit per colour output when the media is available or if you record your own with a Camcorder.
    You can play high definition soundtracks with WASAPI if using something like Reclock.
    Theres more, brain is in slow mode.

5. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    How can i use haali renderer in klite home cinema?
    In options , it shows 'haali renderer **currently uninstalled**'

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Theres no such thing.

7. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 3080
    I stopped using this once I found out about XBMC. It's great through the TV with a PC hidden behind it.

8. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    I once installed XBMC , i hated it :/

9. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    You must check out MPC-HC + MadVR + LAV filters if you use an HTPC (which can be used with XBMC with the external player option).

You'll never use VLC again. Actually, if you're on W7/8, you shouldn't be needing to download codec packs anyways.

10. Andrés

Andrés Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950 2Gb
    For a while I also used to install the K-Lite codec pack. That was until I tried VLC and just had to love it. I had tried it some years ago but it wasn't quite mature yet. Nowadays, it's rock solid and yes, it supports GPU rendering.

11. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  13. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    yeah, my noobness.
    But u know what i am talking about..
    Since when, pointing out fault became more important without giving any answers of what actually asked for?

14. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    Have you installed Matroska Splitter?

Direct link

After you install it, remove MPC-HC as well as any saved configuration files (the installer should give you the option) and reinstall it.

Then launch MPC-HC, press "O", go to External Filters, then Add Filter, select Haali Video Renderer and then select prefer.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Since when have you expected help for something when we cant be 'certain' what it is you want help with.
    It only took one more post to confirm it, yet you come back with an attitude.
    Good luck :)

16. MrH

MrH Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Using LAV, MadVR and MPC myself. I never really liked VLC.

17. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    This.

I did try to like VLC several times back then, but by the gods the BLOAT.
    ~22MB isn't really big these days, but when a ~7MB package does around the same with smaller resource usage to boot, why bother?

18. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    sorry. I misunderstood ur post with a negative attitude coz it was obvious that i was actually asking about mpc hc as the thread was about it and noob-me said 'klite home cinema'.
    By the way sorry man. Totally my fault.

thanks man.

19. freeZ

freeZ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE
    No worries. You can confirm it's working by opening up a video, right clicking and then hovering your mouse over Filters and then just look for Haali.

Since your computer can obviously handle it, I strongly recommend not running Haali, and looking into MadVR and LAV filters.

Setup for that is pretty easy:

Extract madVR to your MPC-HC folder, as well as the LAV filters (recommend using the 32 bit version for LAV, as well as MPC-HC regardless of what architecture you're on).

After you extract them, go into the madVR folder and run the install.bat, and then go into the LAV filters' folder and run install_audio, splitter, and video.

Then go into MPC-HC, press "O" again, go to Playback -> Output, select madVR under DirectShow Video.

Go back to external filters and select Block for Haali Media Splitter (you can remove Haali Video Renderer, since it'll be blocked with the aforementioned filter settings), and then Add the following filters: LAV Audio Decoder, LAV Splitter, and LAV Video Decoder. Select prefer for each of them, and then you're done.

Note: if you're on W8, or have UAC on, you may have to run those installers with admin settings (right click, and then 'Run as administrator')

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  20. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    ^Again thanks.
    But, from where would i download those two? Your previous post?
    And i want quality .
    Some renderer looks aweful . Haali looks ok.
    Thanks again.