Medal of Medal of Honor reboot will use two diffrent engines!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thecake90, Jan 27, 2010.

1. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 9800GT 512MB GDDR3
    Eh, still gotta have BC2 to play right now which sucks.

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Engines can be what make a game, tell me, if it's not in the end the engines fault for those games not catching on, then why have none worked and actually been on of the most played games out there? You can't tell me there hasn't been enough time, or there hasn't been enough developers, UE3 is one of the most widely used engines out there, so, why then?

3. proliferazor

proliferazor Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  4. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    just pre-ordered, waiting for key...

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    people already started to use glitches..well climbing un reachable places and hiding INTO rocks...i found some of them while following them glitches..lol..this reminds me HALO 1 MP and BF2 karkand map..people were hiding into wall...

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well I'll tell you.

UT3: Sucked

MOH Airborne: Sucked cocks and balls.

America's Army 3: Free to play suckage game.

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway: SP was great but MP is rather niche.

Frontlines: Fuel of War: Sucked.

Section 8: Sucked.

Stargate Resistance: What?

If you have looked at the list of games made on UE 3, you'll notice that most of them are singleplayer oriented. Mass Effect games, Gears of War (MP there isn't dead), Batman: Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, those are all AAA games that are awesome.

As I said, it's not the engine that makes the game, it's the developers. If the developers suck arse, can't manage their project, can't make assets, can't code, don't have money, nothing on earth will save that game. Not even a big red button that says "awesomize my game".

The devs have been like you, they think that when they'll get hold of a great engine, their game will be great. Well, that obviously isn't the case.

7. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Well I tried BETA. It's not so bad. Will need more play tho.

Still prefer by faaaaaar BC2.

8. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I actually had fun in the BETA. Graphics are not bad at all (like some are saying), yes they are lacking but it's not like they're fugly or anything. I think we may have been spoilt lately. Anyway, it's not BF3 and it's not going to replace BC2 but it seems like a fun game, especially in BETA stage. I think the emphasis here is the fun factor, not pro-super-sim-reality-keyboard-mouse-warfare.

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I don't like what they did with weapons, the arabians should also be able too use m16s.
    ppl keep changing teams (unbalance) and imo the ak doesn't even look/sound good.

10. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    They can actually. As far as I've read as soon as you get the Tier 1 rank (level 8?) you're allowed to use all the weapons there are.
    As far as look/sound goes, well... they did the same thing like in BC2 sadly and so the weapons feel almost the same. I'd like them to have bigger differences, would make the whole thing much more interesting. Just like M16 and AK-47 aren't the same weapon in real life.

11. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Does not explain absolutely anything in any way shape or form

As i said, it's not like there haven't been enough developers to use the UE3 engine, so it's not the developers, it's not like there hasn't been enough games, so again, tell me what is the problem then?

You can't tell me that so many people have tried to make a good multiplayer game yet have failed is because of the developers, even the people who made UE3 couldn't even make a good multiplayer game, hence UT3

Yet, amazingly enough, UE2/2.5 made many, many great multiplayer games, and mods that are now free to play standalone

So...UE2/2.5 and UE3, both have had tons of games developed for them, but only one has actually proved that it can make good multiplayer games, so what is the difference? try again at your answer, as it's not the developers

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I see, god has told you that you are right and that my explanation is wrong. Why bother trying again when you have made up your mind?

13. Drazio

Drazio Banned

GPU:
    FVCKING
    Any beta keys left? Or anyone not using theirs? PM me one if so, thanks.

14. DJ24966

DJ24966 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy 9800GT 512MB GDDR3
    Seems to be working for everybody now who had keys.

Played for a bit, and can't stand it. Terrible IMO.

15. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Anybody have free beta key for MoH ??

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

What you are saying makes absolutely no sense at all. How is it not the developers fault for making a crappy game? What a developer chooses to do with the engine is what will determine whether or not the game is good or not.
    For example: Source Engine has a lot of great games. It also has a lot of crappy games. Are you saying that it's Valve's fault that some developers can't create a good game using their engine?

18. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Yes he is. But he is also saying that if the engine is bad there isn't a developer in the world that can make a good game with it (I think). He did use the UE3 as an example of bad MP engine and stated that there isn't any good MP games that use it. GOW was one of the best MP games of uit's time and it was also a showcase game for the UE3 so he is just misinformed and over opinionated is all. :)
    I have a Beta key through steam and if I don't have to DL the game to get the key I will pass it on to some one here.

19. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    I guess as far as success goes, UT3 wasn't very good, but it's a lot of fun at a LAN party. The only UE3 game that comes to mind that was successful is Borderlands. It is odd that there aren't more.

I love the multiplayer in the Rainbow Six Vegas games, but I'm pretty sure those are mostly considered bad for multiplayer (god damn sound glitches).

20. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2010