Medal of Honor: Warfighter Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 23, 2012.

1. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I think I remember someone asking EA customer support if they would be banned for using a VPN to unlock BF3 early and they said they would not be banned. Was just wondering if anything has changed.

2. Basquedude

Basquedude Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5970 2GB
    What we need in the fps genre is a new Soldier of Fortune with DX 11 graphics. :)

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I've been waiting for that for years, imagine all the gore and dismemberment combined with modern physics capabilities... :eyebrows:

But thing is, there are way too many restrictions and regulations these days, so game that violent would probably never make it to release in several countries anyway. But then again Fallout 3 had some serious gore of this kind, but it was far from a main feature of the game, unlike what it would be in a SoF game. :D

4. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    it says i am eligible, but where exactly do i get the code o_O?

5. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    So BF3 has that... blue color grading. Does this game have brown?

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    It should give you a code once you put your email and password in, I just tried mine again and it gave me a code.

From what maps I've played it doesn't have any colour grading.

7. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF
    :( all i get is

You qualify for a different Medal of Honor Warfighter offer.

Click OK to view Medal of Honor Warfighter offers on Origin.

when i click the origin page or the OK button it just loads me into origin, no coupon or anything.

8. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    That %50 off is very tempting, but I am gonna wait for some reviews and see whats up.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    50% sounds tempting but as you have to get it off Origin the price difference, at least for me, isn't very big to a "normal" shop.
    I pre-ordered this game for 30€ already and Origin wants 55€ for the digital edition (I opted for a boxed version).

If they keep doing this we aren't far away from a full "shooter flatrate" with all these rebates and season passes...

10. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.p...2357#post82357

Quote:

There will be a console command for disabling the color grading entirely in the game included with the next PC game client update.
    We believe that turning it off gives no major competitive advantage/disadvantage.

lol, i meant to post this in the BF3 forum...

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

11. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Shane Satterfield of gametrailers.com says they won't have a review up until well after release because EA didn't send out advance copies of the game, which is unusual for them. In my opinion, this doesn't bode well.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You can see some footage of it from the console version which also leaked yesterday, there's not much though and videos seem to be deleted fairly often too, violation of service or some such I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ-XJh4ckZn6VXyPGyYEkEh6jBRf52xba

That above is for the campaign but there's probably some MP footage available elsewhere as well. :)

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Doesn't mean anything to me.
    It's been a looooooong time since I've read/watched a review I honestly felt was valid.

EA are just getting cheaper. I've heard of them sending advance copies to certain sites for reviews, but not others.
    But no matter what, I see this getting average reviews... while the MP is constantly compared to BF3 and CoD and the single player is called cliched and tired and comments like "Dice make better use of the engine in BF3" are tossed out.

I have hope for it, and I want it as I loved the previous one. I just don't see it getting fare treatment because of the engine it's on, and the publisher it's coming from.

14. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Temptation took over and I pre-orderd for $29.99, Sh*t!

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    First patch went live :) if you have pre loaded it you can open origin and get the patch now.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice, seems it changed from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.0.2 which is good. :)
    (Dated October 18th.)

EDIT: The files it added and updated seems to show that various fixes were made to both the SP and MP modes.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    First patch? :3eyes:
    The game won't be out for another 4-5 days here :bang:

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's nearly always a release day patch on release or some day after the game's release, has been like that for quite a while now. :)
    (Those four or so weeks it takes for the discs to get done and shipped out, extra time fixing last minute bugs and the like.)

(The game comes out tomorrow in some Asian regions - aside from Japan where it's released in mid-November -, then the day after in the US and finally on Friday in the EU territories.)

EDIT: There are exceptions of course (Like with Dishonored.) but it's getting more common to see patches released fairly early. :)

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, release-day patches are fairly common. Pre-release patches are something I haven't seen yet tough :)

20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No reason to bang your head...
    As opposed to MoH which didn't get any patches to fix various single player issues.
    Wouldn't you rather have these updates/fixes out before you play it?